AVS Forum banner

TotalMedia Theatre 5

493K views 4K replies 430 participants last post by  Zhorik 
#1 ·
#729 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoZ01 /forum/post/19770171

i hope too that this feature will be included one day.

has anybody here managed to use TMT5 with an anamorphic lens? the window control is as far as i've tested not working, so programs like YXY or ARcontrol are useless at the moment. Any other chance to get this problem fixed?

I know VernD has brought this up before. My understanding from him is it doesn't work and can't be made to on its own or with the 3rd party tools you mention.

It's something I want to look at since he mentioned these are freeware apps but it hasn't reached the top of the heap yet. It's a tough one because we don't have an anamorphic setup at all, so we're pretty ignorant of that particular segment and you guys haven't been noisy enough via customer service to bump up the priority through the official channels. (Not saying you should have to be, but that's the reality of limited development resources.)

#730 ·
I'm thinking about buying TMT 5. For a long time now, I didn't want to buy it, because I was happy going the mkv route. I used Another Eact3to Gui Plus and MakeMKV to make mkvs; and then I'd use mpc-hc to play them back. But then I started running into blu rays with 1080i vc1 video on them. (Darn you British television! /shakes fist/
) I can't find a player that can handle playing a 1080i vc1 mkv.

So I've decided that I'll still primarily make mkvs, but whenever I run into a blu ray that has 1080i vc1 video on it, I'm going to rip it to a blu ray file folder. And since TMT is the only program that plays blu ray file folders, it's really my only choice. I wish I had made this decision a couple of days ago when the sale was going on.
Oh well. I had a few questions for you guys.

I own AnyDVD-HD, and I plan on having it running in the background, can I expect very few problems with TMT 5? Is bitstreaming working? I have an ati 5870 graphics card hooked up to a Denon receiver. I am currently able to bitstream all of my mkvs. Does TMT 5 play nice with Media Browser? And last and most importantly, do any of you know when TMT 5 will next go on sale again?

#731 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19769410

Ummmmmm, ok. That's great, but, completely fails to answer my question.
I asked if they are VC1...

Thanks,

but sincerely I don't know if they are VC-1... I created them by DVDFAB. There is a method to check it?

Anyway, now I've the confirm that TMT not support mkv file (a partial support, without all audio tracks and subtitles, equal as NOT SUPPORTED!!)

ARCSOFT MUST be HONEST with the customers... mkv files are not supported!

thanks

bye

#732 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinorho /forum/post/19774102

Thanks,

but sincerely I don't know if they are VC-1... I created them by DVDFAB. There is a method to check it?

If you bring up the Information window (right-click, Information) it should tell you. Does for Blu-ray, but I don't use TMT for mkv so I don't know if that is different. If the Information Window does not tell you install MediaInfo

#733 ·
Just reporting a 3D bug in Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5. Test 3D blu-ray: Avatar.

ATI 6950 with Catalyst 10.12. Windows 7 x64. PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark 2 with latest update. TV: Samsung 63" Plasma with HDMI 1.4.

Ended up with huge black borders when 3D started (image did not fill the entire screen). My 63" was like a 52" lol

The latest PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark 2 with latest patch was a success and filled the screen correctly

#734 ·

Quote:

thanks,

but sincerely i don't know if they are vc-1... I created them by dvdfab. There is a method to check it?

Anyway, now i've the confirm that tmt not support mkv file (a partial support, without all audio tracks and subtitles, equal as not supported!!)

arcsoft must be honest with the customers... Mkv files are not supported!

Thanks

bye

+1

Compared to what you can get from free stuff it's a bit of a no pride in self pride to claim support for mkv...

#735 ·

Quote:

Thanks,

Anyway, now I've the confirm that TMT not support mkv file (a partial support, without all audio tracks and subtitles, equal as NOT SUPPORTED!!)

thanks

bye

Sure it is supported. Can you play a MKV file and have sound? If you can, then it is supported. Not supported means it will not play. For example, try to use a printer not supported by Apple on an Apple computer.

It is just not 100% full support - which is no surprise given the open and changing nature of MKV.

I will say that support should be far better than it is, though.

#736 ·

Quote:

Thanks,

thanks

bye

ArcSoft has been quite honest about what is and is not supported. Jason has fully agreed that the support in TMT is not even close to what you can get with a free solution. And as Jong said, use mediainfo. How you create them isn't important. It's what the streams are that matter. I ask if they're VC1 because TMT has a bug that doesn't hardware accelerate VC1 files. And that can definitely cause issues on some machines. I would check the ones that are giving you problems and see what codecs they are.

#737 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage /forum/post/19774583

Sure it is supported. Can you play a MKV file and have sound? If you can, then it is supported. Not supported means it will not play. For example, try to use a printer not supported by Apple on an Apple computer.

It is just not 100% full support - which is no surprise given the open and changing nature of MKV.

I will say that support should be far better than it is, though.

It really should at *LEAST* match what we can get from a freeware player. I find it sad that it's getting killed pound for pound on MKV support by MPC-HC+ffdshow. That needs to be addressed at some point.

#738 ·
TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.86 is released .

NEW FEATURES:

1. Support Intel Sandy Bridge systems

2. Support Aero in Media Center plug-in

3. Add De-noise and Smoothness in Media Center plug-in

4. Support source/drive selection with keyboard in standard UI

5. ATI Catalyst 10.11/10.12 driver support

BUG FIXES:

1. Fix folder path issue for hard-drive content sent to Media Center plug-in

2. Launch Media Center plug-in in full-screen

3. Fix mouse cursor appearing during playback issue

4. Improve AV sync on some platforms

5. Fix no sound issue in some audio switching situations

6. Fix "endless splash screen" conflict with some applications

7. Fix chapter/title UI display issue

8. Fix "update the player" (red screen) error with some discs

Although TMT now opens full screen (without the .lnk workaround), it is still opening on the opposite monitor to 7MC on my two monitor setup (in my office). Not an issue for single monitor setups.

#739 ·
Hey all, quick question.

Can TMT 5 be integrated with MediaBrowser with regards to playing VOB files through folder structure?

I can get TMT 5 to play sDVDs via folder structure by manually playing the video through TMT 5, but when I try to play through MB, TMT 5 launches but does not play the video.

I selected the MC version of TMT 5.exe in the MB external player tab and believe to have setup the other options as well. However, no matter what I change, I just can't get things to work. Are there parameters to set? If so, what are they?

I've browsed the MB forums and came across a few posts where people commented on the "buggyness" of TMT 5.

Thanks

#740 ·
I just noticed something last night. I can't find the dynamic range options on TMT5. I always would set them to off on TMT3 but I don't even see the options in TMT5. Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehowell /forum/post/19775433

TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.86 is released .

NEW FEATURES:

1. Support Intel Sandy Bridge systems

2. Support Aero in Media Center plug-in

3. Add De-noise and Smoothness in Media Center plug-in

4. Support source/drive selection with keyboard in standard UI

5. ATI Catalyst 10.11/10.12 driver support

BUG FIXES:

1. Fix folder path issue for hard-drive content sent to Media Center plug-in

2. Launch Media Center plug-in in full-screen

4. Improve AV sync on some platforms

5. Fix no sound issue in some audio switching situations

6. Fix "endless splash screen" conflict with some applications

7. Fix chapter/title UI display issue

8. Fix "update the player" (red screen) error with some discs

Although TMT now opens full screen (without the .lnk workaround), it is still opening on the opposite monitor to 7MC on my two monitor setup (in my office). Not an issue for single monitor setups.

Tried it with my most extremely problematic disc (Kick-Ass, not that any were preoblem-free just that this was the worst) and it played without stuttering.

However, although I got audio from the main Lionsgate logo (when the disc first loads), the main menu and the actual feature remained silent. I had to use ReClock to get audio. Still, it's a vast improvememnt from how it was before.

#741 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19775329

ArcSoft has been quite honest about what is and is not supported. Jason has fully agreed that the support in TMT is not even close to what you can get with a free solution. And as Jong said, use mediainfo. How you create them isn't important. It's what the streams are that matter. I ask if they're VC1 because TMT has a bug that doesn't hardware accelerate VC1 files. And that can definitely cause issues on some machines. I would check the ones that are giving you problems and see what codecs they are.

Windows information showed me:

VC-1

1920x1080 13-50 Mbps

DTS

I don't agree with cybrsage. Video shuttering is very frustrating experience, besides more frustrating is to hear all the movie in other language without subtitles possibility. Sorry, I can call THIS, "Not supported", simply.

At the moment, TMT for me represents the best way to playback Blu-ray Disc or Blu-ray stream from the folder. It's fantastic, but mkv files playback is other thing.

Thanks to all

bye

Rino

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Asrock X58 Extreme 3 - i7 950-Noctua nh-c12p se14 - Asus ENGTS450 -Techsolo Tc-380 modded-3x2Gb XMS3 1600 CL8-Mitsubishi HC 3800-Yamaha RVX 1200 - Infinity Delta 60-Yamaha YST-SW300

#742 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinorho /forum/post/19776863

VC-1

1920x1080 13-50 Mbps

DTS

I don't agree with cybrsage. Video shuttering is very frustrating experience, besides more frustrating is to hear all the movie in other language without subtitles possibility. Sorry, I can call THIS, "Not supported", simply.

At the moment, TMT for me represents the best way to playback Blu-ray Disc or Blu-ray stream from the folder. It's fantastic, but mkv files playback is other thing.

Thanks to all

bye

Rino

Right, ok, the reason I asked about VC1 is that for some stupid reason TMT (both 3 and 5 afaik but I haven't tested with the new build of 5) have a bug where VC1 in an MKV is not hardware accelerated. That's what's happening to you almost guarnateed and why you're getting stuttering. It's not that it's not supported, it's simply that it's a bug. Not sure if it's fixed, but, you can try again with the new version and see if that takes care of it. I agree, that the support needs to VASTLY improve. It's why I don't use TMT5 for MKV's, myself. I would if it would at least come up to the level of MPC-HC+ffdshow. So far, that's not the case.

#743 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinorho /forum/post/19776863

VC-1

1920x1080 13-50 Mbps

DTS

Thanks to all

bye

Rino

Just curious as to why you are using MKV? I know you said that your ripping with out using and compression so why not just leave them in a folder format and save a whole lot of troubles?

#744 ·
For mkv files, I use Zoom Player with Matroska Code Pack, but there are others players to read correctly this format files...

@ Mopar_Mudder: I think that mkv format file is the most efficient way to backup a main BD part, with multi-audio and subtitles. There are too few players able to read BD format from folder (probably only TMT efficiently).

You can find many resources in mkv format in the web...

bye

Rino

____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Asrock X58 Extreme 3 - i7 950-Noctua nh-c12p se14 - Asus ENGTS450 -Techsolo Tc-380 modded-3x2Gb XMS3 1600 CL8-Mitsubishi HC 3800-Yamaha RVX 1200 - Infinity Delta 60-Yamaha YST-SW300

#745 ·
I just did the .186 update and have two problems so far.

1. The Information Center still tells me a patch is availale even though it's installed. I seem to remember the same thing happening at some point in TMT3. Minor issue but needs fixing.

2. In the MC player if I untick the box in settings to force Aero on BD playback doesn't start. It just sits at the front screen. If I tick to disable Aero then playback starts just fine. Anyone else tested this yet?

Haven't tested to see if the patch helps with the Reclock issue. That's next

Edit: Same issue with Reclock. Had a feeling that'd be the case.

Wo0zy

#746 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19777003

Right, ok, the reason I asked about VC1 is that for some stupid reason TMT (both 3 and 5 afaik but I haven't tested with the new build of 5) have a bug where VC1 in an MKV is not hardware accelerated. That's what's happening to you almost guarnateed and why you're getting stuttering. It's not that it's not supported, it's simply that it's a bug. Not sure if it's fixed, but, you can try again with the new version and see if that takes care of it.

This bug has not yet been addressed. I'm not sure it's specifically that HWA isn't working as I see CPU usage variation between HWA on/off, and a CPU fully capable of software decoding can't play it correctly either. There's definitely a problem dealing with a VC-1 video track inside an MKV created by MakeMKV, but the exact nature of it remains a bit of a mystery (to me.)

#747 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy /forum/post/19779044

1. The Information Center still tells me a patch is availale even though it's installed. I seem to remember the same thing happening at some point in TMT3.

Already being worked on.

Quote:
2. In the MC player if I untick the box in settings to force Aero on BD playback doesn't start. It just sits at the front screen. If I tick to disable Aero then playback starts just fine. Anyone else tested this yet?

Does the same thing work okay in the standard UI? Some environments just don't like Aero rendering at all and other perform badly. (That's why the default is to drop out of it.)

#748 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason /forum/post/19779045

This bug has not yet been addressed. I'm not sure it's specifically that HWA isn't working as I see CPU usage variation between HWA on/off, and a CPU fully capable of software decoding can't play it correctly either. There's definitely a problem dealing with a VC-1 video track inside an MKV created by MakeMKV, but the exact nature of it remains a bit of a mystery (to me.)

Thank you for the clarification. I didn't realize it was a more complex issue. I hope this can get addressed at some point.

#749 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason /forum/post/19779060

Already being worked on.

Cool. Thanks Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason /forum/post/19779060

Does the same thing work okay in the standard UI? Some environments just don't like Aero rendering at all and other perform badly. (That's why the default is to drop out of it.)

Aero enabled works just fine in the standard UI.

This is a system with an ATi 4670. I'm running the 10.12 drivers ATM. Updated from 10.9 just before patching TMT.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

#750 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehowell /forum/post/19775433

TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.86 BUG FIXES:

Though this is improved in 5.0.1.86, this isn't fixed for me. While watching a DVD on my Core i5 system, there were multiple times when the mouse cursor spontaneously appeared without the mouse moving, but then it would hide it after a second.

#751 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthocar /forum/post/19779660

While watching a DVD on my Core i5 system, there were multiple times when the mouse cursor spontaneously appeared without the mouse moving, but then it would hide it after a second.

OOC, what type of mouse are you using?

#752 ·
This is probably a dumb question but I was using powerdvd and wmc7 and could play my DVD rips from wm7. I uninstalled powerdvd and installed tmt5 now i can't get wmc7 to play the dvdrips. I can play the .iso bluray rips. I believe it is because if of the .ifo and .bup not having associations with tmt5. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want to be able to use mediabrowser in wm7 and launch the dvd rips again. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.