AVS Forum banner

CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys?

224K views 1K replies 107 participants last post by  Verge2 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Well, now that's interesting and thanks for bringing this "tidbit" to attention !

I would normally dismiss this out-of-hand but the fact the the spec sheet lists the names "Epson" for 1080 D7 LCD panels and "Luminus" for LED light sources, i had to do some more research.

CRE Electronics Technology Co. is the name of the manufacturer; They are a very small company (less than 500 employees) based in Hunan, China, that appears to manufacture only small inexpensive front projectors using LEDs for light sources both from Osram (initially) and now from Luminus Devices, the same chipsets used on the $$$ pjs from Runco, Vivitek and Digital Projection.

I only saw references to the use of LCD displays from Epson and no mention of DMD/DLP from TI, so i'd imagine that the main designer decided to keep things as simple as possible by using off-the-shelf parts, thus saving money at the end of the R&D, manufacturing and distribution cycles.

This is not the first 3LCD/LED front pj, as Samsung introduced the FM10 last year, a presentation model.

When Cine4Home reviewed the FM10 they were very/very impressed by its design but it was pointed out that due to the fact of its use of 3 separate LCD panels in conjunction with 3 separate light sources, it made for a nearly impossibility of having any type of dynamic contrast feature in which the LEDs would keep track with the image on a frame by frame basis, as opposed to the use of single DMD chips from TI that allows such feature. So that contrast figure of 100.000:1 is very/very suspicious, but even at current native contrast ratio figures of 4.000:1 these Epson LCD panels are no slouch either.

In any case, i would say this company and its ware is very much legit; The question is one of distribution through channels such as Alibaba.com and all that it implies.

It would be interesting if someone at the AVS store decided to order one and put it through its pace...

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/19843398

Well, now that's interesting and thanks for bringing this "tidbit" to attention !

I would normally dismiss this out-of-hand but the fact the the spec sheet lists the names "Epson" for 1080 D7 LCD panels and "Luminus" for LED light sources, i had to do some more research.

CRE Electronics Technology Co. is the name of the manufacturer; They are a very small company (less than 500 employees) based in Hunan, China, that appears to manufacture only small inexpensive front projectors using LEDs for light sources both from Osram (initially) and now from Luminus Devices, the same chipsets used on the $$$ pjs from Runco, Vivitek and Digital Projection.

I only saw references to the use of LCD displays from Epson and no mention of DMD/DLP from TI, so i'd imagine that the main designer decided to keep things as simple as possible by using off-the-shelf parts, thus saving money at the end of the R&D, manufacturing and distribution cycles.

This is not the first 3LCD/LED front pj, as Samsung introduced the FM10 last year, a presentation model.

When Cine4Home reviewed the FM10 they were very/very impressed by its design but it was pointed out that due to the fact of its use of 3 separate LCD panels in conjunction with 3 separate light sources, it made for a nearly impossibility of having any type of dynamic contrast feature in which the LEDs would keep track with the image on a frame by frame basis, as opposed to the use of single DMD chips from TI that allows such feature. So that contrast figure of 100.000:1 is very/very suspicious, but even at current native contrast ratio figures of 4.000:1 these Epson LCD panels are no slouch either.

In any case, i would say this company and its ware is very much legit; The question is one of distribution through channels such as Alibaba.com and all that it implies.

It would be interesting if someone at the AVS store decided to order one and put it through its pace...

I nominate you to waste, I mean spend your money and check it out.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto
LOL ,what about runco, vango and some others I cant remember.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat
LOL ,what about runco, vango and some others I cant remember.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you LOL too hard keep in mind that this thread concerns 3LCD used in conjunction with LEDs, NOT DMD/DLP used with LEDs, as applied to the pjs you mentioned...

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwsharpe /forum/post/19846646

is this the same cree that manufactures the high output led lamps for flashlights?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nope...

#13 ·
Did ya see the ports for the HDMI are tweaked and crooked in the pic?

maybe PJ Central or reviews can get a demo and review it

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw /forum/post/19846975

Did ya see the ports for the HDMI are tweaked and crooked in the pic?

That's Chinese quality to you. Also, I would be worried about the UI. Probably tons of misspellings and ugly interface. At least that's my experience with Chinese made players and tablets from dealextreme.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas
That's Chinese quality to you. Also, I would be worried about the UI. Probably tons of misspellings and ugly interface. At least that's my experience with Chinese made players and tablets from dealextreme.
whenever I need a good laugh I just read a few instruction manuals from cheap Chinese products....

Most recent one I read was actually for a quality brand. My Onkyo HTIB had the instructions for attaching the FM antenna wire to a wall. It showed to use thumbtacks. the instructions said "be sure not to injure yourself with thumbtacks" now I am thinking if you can't even use a thumbtack you probably should not be trying to set up your own home theater

#16 ·
I have to be completely honest with you all. After all the times i've been burned by really horrible chinese electronics after being lured by marginal monetary savings, i can't help but be at least a little intrigued every time something like this comes around.

If i weren't already 86.3% set on an epson, i may actually consider giving this a shot.

I already know the logic i'd use to sell it to myself, too. I'd tell myself "If i already processed and upscaled the image with my pc or an image processor, and fed the thing a beautiful 1080p digital signal via HDMI, how bad could it possibly be?"

So.... Who wants to find out how bad it COULD be? Tax returns are just around the corner, for any fellow students out there.

#17 ·
well they sell those led 250 lumen 1024x768 pjs for 700$ to some body, they will be able to snag some body here I think.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman421 /forum/post/19847633

I have to be completely honest with you all. After all the times i've been burned by really horrible chinese electronics after being lured by marginal monetary savings, i can't help but be at least a little intrigued every time something like this comes around.

If i weren't already 86.3% set on an epson, i may actually consider giving this a shot.

I already know the logic i'd use to sell it to myself, too. I'd tell myself "If i already processed and upscaled the image with my pc or an image processor, and fed the thing a beautiful 1080p digital signal via HDMI, how bad could it possibly be?"

So.... Who wants to find out how bad it COULD be? Tax returns are just around the corner, for any fellow students out there.

Go right ahead and find out.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6strings /forum/post/19849073

The 3,000 lumens and 60,000 hours specs are from the LED manufacturer.

I wonder how many lumens actually make it out through the lens?

From that same description :

"Over 3,000 white lumens at 8000K color temperature from a single RGB chipset under continuous operation"

A description of the projector from the manufacturer mentions 800 ANSI lumens.

#23 ·
Hmm, and doesn't that case look kind of similar to cases from one of these new inexpensive Epson projectors ?

#24 ·
CRE X1000-HT LED High Definition 1080p Triple LED LCD Home Theater Projector

The No. 1 Home Theater LED Projector in the world! With triple LCD combined with triple LED you get the CLEAREST and CRISP video you have ever seen! This projector will last you 7-8 hours everyday for 20 years! This projector is a world first; no other LED projectors that consumers can buy reach full 1080P capabilities. This is a true home theater projector!

The new X1000-HT LED projector from CRE is the first 1080p projector to reach the United States at an affordable price point! It is the first time an LED projector approaches the brightness of a traditional lamp, at 3000 Lumens.

This projector boasts a contrast ratio of 100,000 to 1. What this means in real world terms is that this projectors contrast levels beats all of the traditional LCD, DLP, and LCOS projectors released in recent time!

As an LED projector, the X1000-HT uses three separate light elements, of red, green, and blue, rather than one white lamp. This allows for mind blowing improvements in color reproduction, which becomes obvious the first time you fire this projector up. Color saturation on this projector is rich, and among the best we've seen.

Sharp Images. The X1000-HT's image is razor-sharp and detailed. 1080p content, especially that on a well-recorded Blu-Ray disc, really needs a sharp, clear projector in order to look its best. The CRE X1000-HT is such a projector.

20,000 hour lamp life. Obviously, a 20,000 hour lamp is an attractive advantage; never have to replace a bulb again!

* Projection Technology: 3*LCD with 3*LED

* LCD : Epson D7 0.74inch HTPS Module *3 ,

* LED : Luminus PT120 Red/Green/Blue LED*3

* Native Resolution: 1920*1080

* Brightness: 3000 Lumens

* Contrast ratio : 100,000:1

* Lens: F#2.0 ,Zoom 1.0-1.3 ,Optical Zoom

* Interface: Video ,S-video, Y PbPr, VGA , HDMI*2

* Projection Distance: 1.5-9.95M

* Projection Screen Size: 22.5"-300"

* LED lifetime: 60,000Hours

* Standard Mode LED Power: 160W

* Energy Save Model LED power: 126W

* Voltage: AC 90-240V ,50/60Hz

* Projection Image Up/Down : -100% ~+100%

* Uniformity : 92%

* Projection Way: Front / Rear /Suspend / Desk

* Working Temp: 0-45°C

* Color: Matt White

* Size: 318*248*88

$2,295.99

http://www.yourhomeprojector.com/CRE...p/crex1000.htm

Where is my 3D ?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.