AVS Forum banner

Volume 6 Coca-Cola ScreenPlay -styled slides NOW AVAILABLE! (Total 1365 slides)

70K views 260 replies 122 participants last post by  Uberrr 
#1 ·
Link to Flickr page for samples of all categories from all 6 volumes here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21643749@N02/sets/

This takes you directly to volume 6. Click on "sets" to see the earlier volumes.

For anyone who wants to experiment with the samples linked above in their home theater, these samples can be saved to your computer in "large" setting, which is about half the resolution of the actual slide files you've receive from me on disc. Just click on a slide. It will display a bit larger. Look for "All sizes" button on top left of slide. It will re-display with a download button for "large size".

NEW!!! Volume 6 (265 slides, plus bonus video content) specs:

Terminator Trivia: 25 slides (10Q + 10A + 5 additional slides with production notes) for EACH of the four existing Terminator films, for a total of 100 slides
Star Trek Trivia: 10Q + 10A slides for EACH of the first six Star Trek films, featuring the original series crew, for a total of 120 slides
Refreshing Movie Moments: 20 new slides, covering recent theatrical releases, as well as films coming out later in 2009
Oscar Vs. Dollars: 4 new slides created to update a category I started back in volume 3. These new slides cover years 2005 through 2008.
Alfred Hitchcock Trivia: 16 slides with trivia about the career of the Master of Suspense.
Coke and Popcorn: 5 new slides.

PLUS MORE VIDEO BITS!!

5 short Terminator intro clips: one for each film, plus one covering theater etiquette.

7 short Star Trek intro clips: one for each of the 6 original crew films, plus an extra one encompassing all 6 films

Now, you're asking.... what is this bonus video content? Well, I've created some short (15 to 30 seconds each) "bumpers" that you can use to introduce Terminator and Star Trek themed trivia segments. Folks seemed to like the James Bond, Indiana Jones, Disney, Star Wars and Harry Potter clips that I've made for volume 5, so here's a couple of more.

They're not award-winning or anything, but are a fun thing that I tried... just to see what my meager computer/video skills could do. I'm sure those of you with the DVD sets of these movie series will recognize some of the backgrounds, etc. I scavenged desktop wallpaper pix, dvd menu screenshot grabs, etc. Whatever I thought could be usable...

Finally, a handful of countdown video clips...

Volume 5 (200+ slides plus bonus video content) specs:

Disney Trivia: 50 slides (25Q & 25A) Covers animated features.

Harry Potter Trivia: 60 slides (30Q & 30a) Covers first five features.

Indiana Jones Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A) Covers all four features.

Movie Cliches: 10 slides

Refreshing Movie Moments V5: 35 new slides with stills from recent 2008 releases, current summer releases and upcoming holiday releases. Template further tweaked from previous volume.

Popcorn & Coke, etc.: A smattering of new movie snack slides

Link to thread for Vol. 5 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1045823

Vol. 4 (200+ slides) specs:

Refreshing Movie Moments: 35 slides (New template layout)

James Bond Trivia 2007 Edition: 40 slides (20Q & 20A) Template updated to Daniel Craig.

Classic Trivia: 100 slides (50Q & 50A), focusing on classic films.

Classic Taglines: 25 new slides, focusing on taglines from pre-1970 films. Template redesigned from previous volume.

Thread regarding Volume 4 is here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=796498

Vol. 3 (170+ slides) specs:

Refreshing Movie Moments: 45 slides

What's My Job?: 30 slides

James Bond Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Star Wars Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Movie Music Maestros: 20 slides

Oscars Vs. Dollars: 15 slides

Thread regarding Volume 3 is archived here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6&page=1&pp=30

Vol. 2 (220+ slides) specs are:

Memorable Taglines: 40 slides

Refreshing Movie Moments: 40 slides

Kid's Trivia: 40 slides (20Q & 20A)

Trivia: 100 slides (50 Q & 50a)

Thread regarding Volume 2 is archived here: http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/...5&page=1&pp=30

Vol. 1 (270+ slides) specs are:

Trivia: 200 slides (100Q & 100A)

Refreshing Movie Moments: 40 slides

Movie Lingo: 20 slides

Coke Count: 10 slides (5Q & 5A)

Talk concerning the first volume is scattered in these two threads:
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...highlight=Coke
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/s...y&pagenumber=1

A seperate file (encompassing all volumes) contains over 35 slides for Coke, popcorn, candy, trash, cell phones, etc. This makes for a total of over 1365 slide jpegs.

The minimum Paypal payment is $7.00. That covers the DVD with all six volumes on it, disc case, padded mailing envelope, postage and Paypal's % cut of the payment.

If interested, Paypal to: sgood3 (at) comcast (dot) net

See less See more
#152 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NebrGuy
I'm about to order your latest disc.

Last night I had my first showing with a prior set and I have to say that it was a hit. I bought them several years ago, long before I ever had a projector. Bought my first projector last spring and have had up to 4 people over to watch a movie several times. Last week I had a request for a bigger movie night, most of which were friends of friends so I decided to go a little bit over the top. I pulled out 52 slides, dropped them into Windows Movie Maker with 20 second transitions. I then dropped the movie maker file into a ppt slide that just repeated itself. I ran some Christmas music through media player and had it running while people showed up. One guy commented that "This is even better than last time...It's even more like we're at the real theater." It was awesome. We then followed the clips with last years rendition of A Christmas Carol.

So thanks for being a part of my movie nights from this point forward and I'm looking forward to the new slides.
Glad they were a big hit! Thanks for the kind words.

Steven

#153 ·
I just placed my order, looks good and should give me some inspiration to start on some 1080p work of my own, not sure what resolution these are but the samples look really nice. And the HTE script should be 100% working with the Dharma build of XBMC so by the time I get the DVD in the mail everything will be good

Look forward to any future work you might put up for sale.

#156 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklinejr /forum/post/19844447

This is pretty cool, thanks for putting these together Steven Good.

Just out of curiosity, did Pepsi ever have their own version of the Screen Play trivia?

If they did, none of the theater chains in my area even showed them...

#160 ·
I have responded to your email already, requesting that you email me your name and the shipping address, to cross-check with my Paypal account. Once you do that, I'll track things down, and send out another disc if necessary.

Steven

#162 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesfullup /forum/post/20049871

Thanks Steven

Your replacement disc ships tomorrow USPS 1st class. Surprising that the first disc didn't make it from TN to GA... disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Steven

#164 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedtsc /forum/post/20057766

I got your dvd. Wished it comes in HD resolution.

Huh? All of the jpeg "slide" files are in 1080 X 1920 resolution = full HD.

Yes, the little video clips included are in SD-DVD resolution. But those are really only considered bonus material...

#165 ·
Hi Steven, payment sent...looking forward to checking your DVD out.

:)

cheers,

Zed

#167 ·
James Edmundson--

I got your Paypal payment... but no shipping info was on the transaction. Please email or PM me that address and your disc will ship in the next 24 hours.

Thanks!

Steven

#168 ·
Hi Steven -

I just sent payment +, looking forward to creating my intro. Thanks for your hard work.

Chad Davis

#169 ·
Sent $$, this looks awesome! Thanks

-Lance

#171 ·
As for me: Movie themes, of course! Harry Potter, Superman, Star Trek, Star Wars, James Bond...

I know over the years that several members have mentioned the types of music they used in the older threads covering volumes 1 - 5 of my slides. You might want to skim through them and see if any of their suggestions are agreeable to you. You'll find links to those threads in the first post of the Coke Slides Volume 6 thread.

Good luck!

#173 ·
I recently attached an Ipod to my receiver and played a slide show of Steven's Trivia Questions with movie music in the background. I picked music for my playlist that was instantly associated with movies. Such as the Theme to The Godfather, or Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc. It is then possible to have a trivia question within the trivia slide show by naming the song, the artist and the movie it comes from. Worked like a charm.

#174 ·
Very clever use of the iPod!

#176 ·
Thoughts? Yes. Time to do it? Hmmmm, possibly. The time off I had expected to have and the end of May evaporated, so any Volume 7 work will be here and there during bis of spare time over the summer.

Will it happen? Most likely. And of course, everyone at AVS will be the first to hear about it.

Steven

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.