AVS Forum banner

Show me your living room non-dedicated theater pics

145K views 290 replies 160 participants last post by  HTMatrix 
#1 ·
I see all kinds of threads for the awesome basement theaters and sealed room conversion theaters - I'd like to see general purpose theaters in your main level living rooms. Especially what you are doing for blackouts (if anything), room arrangements, etc.

Post 'em up!

#207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by netclick /forum/post/19939267

Hey everybody,

My new condo has been finally completed and with your help from the forums got my living room media setup completed.

All the wiring: Monoprice.com

Projector: OPTOMA HD66

TV: LG 550PK60 Plasma (60 inch)

AMP: Denon 3808CI

Playstation 3 for all the streaming

Accuscreen 100" automated projector screen.

and a set of Klipsch home theater speakers (RC62, RF62, RF10)

I'm very happy with the results so far!

Here are some pictures.

Where can I get this couch?!!!

#209 ·
My living room "Home AV Room" since I dare not call it a HT.

The house was base manufacturer spec (white walls, no light fixtures, trim, bronze doorhandles/hardware, etc...) when we bought it in October 2010. I've since painted, added window dressings, crown molding, light fixtures and changed out the door handles and lighting switches. Also I ran my own electrical circuits for the media closet, bedroom wall mounted tv and living room wall mounted tv. I also ran all my own low voltage wiring.

More pics and floor plans can be found in the link in my signature. Sorry for crappy cell phone pics, better pics to come in the following weeks.

#210 ·
My work in progress

55" Samsung LCD

120" Viewsonic pro8100 1080P

HTPC

PS3

Xbox360

Wii (behind 55")

400 disc br

4x2 HDMI matrix switch

Pioneer Elite vsx-91txh

HK345 (whole home audio)

7.1 surround sound (sub in bottom of media cabinet)

Vienna Acustics Mozart fronts

IR/RF through Xantech MLK85 and URC MX-3000

Logitech Dinovo Edge keyboard

Server with 12TB and girder with Insteon controller

#214 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSpork
The black box in front of everything is a 90" da-lite insta theater pull up screen. You are correct about the receiver, onkyo 806. I have a SVS PB10-NSD hidden behind the couch and a ps3 standing up behind the tv so we have to walk around to the side of the screen to switch movies. As for the question about the other item... a paper shredder it is. The shredder and the chair are to block the speakers from getting bumped into the screen. I'm surprised you liked the speakers (beta 40's). They sound ok to me but not as exciting as others on here.

thanks for the compliments. It would look a lot cleaner if I could get rid of the chair and shredder and put the towers where they should be but I have to base everything around the pull up screen. At least I don't have to put anymore holes in the wall. We enjoy it immensely.
I'm thinking about a pop-up screen myself. Is your acoustically transparent? BTW-Where is your center?

#215 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by netclick /forum/post/19939267

Hey everybody,

My new condo has been finally completed and with your help from the forums got my living room media setup completed.

All the wiring: Monoprice.com

Projector: OPTOMA HD66

TV: LG 550PK60 Plasma (60 inch)

AMP: Denon 3808CI

Playstation 3 for all the streaming

Accuscreen 100" automated projector screen.

and a set of Klipsch home theater speakers (RC62, RF62, RF10)

I'm very happy with the results so far!

Here are some pictures.

Netclick,

Very nice clean look.

How is the sound with the wood flooring?

What type and color is the floor - It looks great!!

#217 ·
Rob, i've admired your thread. Amazing room and system, regardless of dedicated or not. I hope to steal some ideas from yours ... if I can afford them.

#220 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_want_that /forum/post/20150945

Rob, i've admired your thread. Amazing room and system, regardless of dedicated or not. I hope to steal some ideas from yours ... if I can afford them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan007 /forum/post/20152076

That is Awesome.

Thank you for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott /forum/post/20152858

that is neat in pictures, but too dark to just be a random first level room, for me.

It is actually nice having a darker, cozier, and softer hideaway in this corner of the house. The rest is full of high windows, tile and wood floors, light colored walls, high ceilings, etc. (in other words, less dark and cozy). My kids make this their hangout room in the evening. We have another family room that is bright and opens to the pool area. It has a 60 inch Sony, Xbox, etc. but it is rarely used.

#222 ·
^^^ Very Impressive ^^^

#223 ·
45, great transformation. built in looks great the wood floors really step up the room.

#227 ·
Makes for watching sport games at once easy.

#228 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by homank76 /forum/post/20161962

^^^ Very Impressive ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_want_that /forum/post/20161965

45, great transformation. built in looks great the wood floors really step up the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 /forum/post/20161967

Like the two tone color scheme...really makes the room look good! Great use of space.

Thanks for the compliments.

I really wanted to build something like RobZ's but it would be too dark to be a family room in an open layout house and the fireplace is in the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.