AVS Forum banner
16K views 292 replies 69 participants last post by  squared80 
#1 ·
Are any of you guys waiting for the film adaption of WORLD WAR Z? And what did you guys think of Marc Forster as the director ?

#29 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
Isn't "filming" past the "green lit" stage?

larry
Ah, I had not heard it was filming. I wanted to believe that was what you meant about BP being there for filming. I hope it is done well.

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow /forum/post/18977623

I will be curious to hear what you think of it.

Geez, sorry I didn't get back to you.

I thought it was simply terrific.

Very clever and very well written.

Young Mr. Brooks, without question, gave it much thought before putting it down on paper.

The wife and I were both very impressed.

BTW, there is a recent book with a similiar plot you may find interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robopocalypse

Also very impressive....gotta wonder if the author had read WWZ beforehand.

IIRC, Spielberg has bought the rights.

#31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhan /forum/post/20718022

It's been in my Kindle for awhile...just started reading it yesterday. I'm hooked. There's no way the movie is going to be this good. It might as well be an HBO mini series as Josh Z suggested. I also started skimming through Brook's Zombie Survival Guide. Some funny stuff in there.

I think Josh is right...a miniseries is the only to do justice to the book.

LOL, the Zombie Survival Guide is HYSTERICAL!:

The perfect companion book.

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst /forum/post/20722290

?... Oink, I don't follow what you are saying?

You read the book? What oink said makes sense if you have unless they're making the movie based on one interview/scenario in the book -> which wouldn't make any sense -> which has never stopped Hollywood before ->

larry

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20722468

You read the book? What oink said makes sense if you have unless they're making the movie based on one interview/scenario in the book -> which wouldn't make any sense -> which has never stopped Hollywood before ->

larry

Looks like they tweaked it a bit so the narrator is a bigger part of the story - if this synopsis is correct. Makes sense if BP is the narrator, ie Max Brooks.

I would prefer R, but if the gore gets toned down but the action and horror/suspense are well done it could still work. Probably not, but you never know.

Synopsis

Based on the best-selling novel by Max Brooks, WORLD WAR Z follows United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) as he tries to stop a global Zombie pandemic. With armies crumbling and governments rendered useless, Gerry must head out into a hellish and gruesome new world to find allies in his cause. In each country he visits, he learns new information about the origin and habits of the Zombies (or Zs as they're now called) and begins to build a plan to destroy them. Throughout his odyssey, Gerry longs to be reunited with his wife and children. But there's something he has to do first... Save the human race.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1272

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20722468

larry

I see. I have not read the book. Thanks.

#39 ·
How do you do a proper zombie apocalypse film with a PG-13 rating?
An R rating would help the marketing effort; don't they understand that?

Or maybe it's because they can then sell shiny disks with an "unrated" version and create more revenue on the back end. Either way, it's gotta' be about the Benjamens. I want Oliver Stone to do a zombie apocalypse movie. You know he wouldn't sell out to The Man.

#42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow /forum/post/20722919

Looks like they tweaked it a bit so the narrator is a bigger part of the story - if this synopsis is correct. Makes sense if BP is the narrator, ie Max Brooks.

I would prefer R, but if the gore gets toned down but the action and horror/suspense are well done it could still work. Probably not, but you never know.

Synopsis

Based on the best-selling novel by Max Brooks, WORLD WAR Z follows United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) as he tries to stop a global Zombie pandemic. With armies crumbling and governments rendered useless, Gerry must head out into a hellish and gruesome new world to find allies in his cause. In each country he visits, he learns new information about the origin and habits of the Zombies (or Zs as they're now called) and begins to build a plan to destroy them. Throughout his odyssey, Gerry longs to be reunited with his wife and children. But there's something he has to do first... Save the human race.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1272

Based on the synopis, I've lost more interest. Although I don't know why I even thought the movie would come close to the book. They rarely do. They more than tweaked it "a bit" if the war is present tense and one person is going to save the human race. I don't want to go into details because the book is excellent and some people who haven't read it may do so now.

"...longs to be reunited with his wife and children..." .. Sigh... More Hollywood goobletie-****. I wonder how they'll tread, if at all, around the no nonsense, brutal, decisions that needed to be made to prevail against the Zs.

larry

#44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20726476

Based on the synopis, I've lost more interest. Although I don't know why I even thought the movie would come close to the book. They rarely do. They more than tweaked it "a bit" if the war is present tense and one person is going to save the human race. I don't want to go into details because the book is excellent and some people who haven't read it may do so now.

Yeah, that synopsis makes it sound like it has nothing to do with the book other than that they're both about zombies.

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20727784

The Walking Dead may be successful by some criteria, but it's pretty tame and contains a lot of Hollywood's cookie cutter sub plot themes to make it more widely appealing, just like it seems WWZ, the movie, is doing.

larry

I am not giving up on WWZ....yet.

BP has a fairly high winning percentage.

#50 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20726476

"...longs to be reunited with his wife and children..." .. Sigh... More Hollywood goobletie-****. I wonder how they'll tread, if at all, around the no nonsense, brutal, decisions that needed to be made to prevail against the Zs.

larry

Yes, but after he saves the world he gets back to his wife and children and finds they are now..Zombies!

#51 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow
Yes, but after he saves the world he gets back to his wife and children and finds they are now..Zombies!
I can't remember what they called it in one of the interviews, but it was something like a fireman's axe. If BP uses that to put down his family upon return, then we may have something worthwhile...

larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.