AVS Forum banner

The "OFFICIAL" Pioneer Elite VSX-52 / 53 Owner's Thread

254K views 2K replies 351 participants last post by  chrisdk23 
#1 ·
Since these are starting to show up, I wanted to start a thread for them.

I purchased my unit Sunday as a replacement for an Elite VSX-32.

So far, the unit's performance has been outstanding after running MDACC. The sound seems to be a little more "in your face" or aggressive than the VSX-32.

My one gripe, and the VSX-33 did the same thing, is that when you have the HDMI Control enabled, you cannot change HDMI input assignments.

So, if you do not have the HDMI Control enabled, you cannot use the return audio from the TV over HDMI. I like having the SAT/TV button on the remote control the cable box which comes in via an HDMI input -- but under HDMI Control, the SAT/TV input is hard set for Component. Grrr.

Anyone know of a solution for that?

Oh, and the AV Navigator software seems to be pretty lame, although I like the interactive manual.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi all,

Well we now have three places that are posting about the Elite VSX 52...

I have posted links below to their last pages, so you can reference back through those posts as well for information..

1) The VSX 1121 Thread

Link here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1330154&page=4

2) The VSX 52 vs VSX 53 Thread

Link here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1344459&page=2

3) And now here.....

Since I do own an Elite VSX 52 I Will start Posting here....

At least we can try and Group it together...

I would tell everyone that does come here and are new to the Elite VSX 52 / 53 you will probably want to reference the two links above.

There have been questions, answers and reviews posted there as well.

There have also been many references about the likenesses of the VSX 1121 and the Elite VSX 52.

So, if you have the new Elite VSX 52 or the VSX 53 then Congrats on a Great Purchase!

These Threads should help you Enjoy your new Purchase.....

If your just checking out your next receiver, I give it 2 Thumbs Up!

Happy Reading....

Good Luck to all..

Have a Great Day!

Bud B

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzal1122 /forum/post/20744581

A few of us own the VX-52 as well on here including myself. I have been posting in the VSX-1121 thread because they are essentially the same receiver. I am hoping thy change the thread name on that to 1121 and 52 owners' thread.

Well, if they do that then we can dispense with this thread!

Actually, I was really interested in the VSX-1121 as well, but they weren't in stock and the VSX-52 was so threw caution to the wind and spent the extra $$.

No regrets, though. It looks and performs very well.

#6 ·
hello all. I'm trying to decide on which new receiver to buy. I've been looking at the Pioneer VSX-1021-K, the Denon AVR-2312CI and the Pioneer Elite VSX-52. On the high end I'm leaning toward the Pioneer Elite VSX-52 however I've heard that the Denon AVR-2312CI sounds better.Both are about in the same price range. Although looking the the PDF downloads of the specs I don't get a picture of what makes the AVR-2312CI better than the Elite VSX-52. Does the AVR-2312 use better D/A converters than the Elite VSX-52. The pioneer receiver on the practical side has better useability such as more legacy inputs such as coaxial digital and optical digital audio inputs and composite video. inputs. Some of us still use VCR''s and laser video disk players. So what is your opinion on the Denon AVR-2312CI vs the Pioneer Elite VSX-52, which one of them has the better specs, usability, and sound quality. I thought that I would just go ahead and save some money and get the Pioneer VSX-1021-K which has some good feature for the price but I think that I can squeeze and few hundred more to get a better receiver. Please give you input regarding this matter. Your prompt replies will greatly appreciated.

#7 ·
Hi Airman23,

Let's do some Comparisons...

The Denon 2312-3312 and the 3311 Comparisons...
http://usa.denon.com/US/Product/Page...3-dbd2a1f57f63

Denon AVR 2312 Brochure.. http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/...2312CI_r10.pdf

Denon AVR 3312 Brochure. http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/...3312CI_r11.pdf

I don't know if the first link above takes you to the Denon Compare page, hopefully it will.

If you just compare the Denon 2312C1 to it's higher priced brothers you will see the jump that is made when you go to the Denon AVR 3312C1 @ $1099.00 to the 3311 at $1199.00

There are a lot of dashes with the 2312 when compared to the check marks of the 3311C1.

The Pioneer VSX 1121 and the Elite VSX 52 compare more to the Denon 3311C than the 2312C1 or 3312 but still has more options than the 3311.

Though like the Denon 3312 which has two HDMI Outs, the Elite VSX 53 also has two HDMI Outs.

The Pioneer VSX 1121 and the Elite VSX 52 are both THX Select Plus 2 Certified.

You have to go to the Denon AVR -5308 at $5499.99 before you will even see THX Certification.

Not to mention, that THX Certification is not just thrown out at will..otherwise ALL Receivers would be THX Certified!

There are exacting standards that have to be to met to be THX Certified, even in HDTV's that are THX Certified!

With the Elite VSX 52 at $900.00 and the VSX 1121 at $750.00 the Denon 2312 at $850.00 falls in the middle price wise,

but I do not feel (spec wise) that it is in the same category of the Elite 52 or the VSX 1121.

The Denon 2312 has more features than the VSX 1021 (which is $550.00) but at $850.00 for the Denon I would hope so.

Maybe others disagree, I don't know...put them side by side and you tell me.

Check out some Pioneer Brochures..

The Elite VSX 52...
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...le%20Sheet.pdf

FYI - If you have never seen a Elite VSX 52 in person, I'll tell you that the front panel with Elite on it, drops down to reveal additional Connections and Feature Adjustments.

The VSX 1121 (Bold Type Indicates Up-Dates from the VSX 1021 below) Front Panel also Drops down, it just does not have Elite on it.

The VSX 1021
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...0Sheet_v12.pdf

Then check out the Specs and Videos for the Elite VSX 52 here...
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ceivers/VSX-52

I will tell you right up front that the Denon's have a GUI Overlay on your TV, in other words you can still see your TV with the Denon Screens on top,

The Pioneer's have a Dedicated GUI meaning that when opened, it is the only screen that you will see.

It is discussed in the three threads that I listed above.

I do not see it as a big deal but that is up to you!

So far, all Posts and Posters have agreed that the Pioneers Sound Very Good!

I would tell you to check the other threads (above) and also check out some Denon threads, maybe even one that specializes on the 2312 / 3312..etc.

Then see if you can check them out in person, most Best Buy "Magnolia" Stores with the dedicated "Home Theater" section will have the Pioneers and the Denons along with some others.

A regular Best Buy will not have the Elite models and maybe not the VSX 1121, all stores should have the VSX 1021.

It really depends on what you want and what is important to you..

You are on the right track though by Looking, Asking and doing your Research ahead of time!

I will usually download the Operators Manuals and look through them.

Elite VSX 52 OP Manual. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions051911.pdf

Denon 2312 OP Manual.. http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/...CD-ROM_v00.pdf

In Summary,

While Investigating the Denon's for you and also for CobelAli (on the other Elite VSX 52 thread Linked above) I will say that they do look interesting.

I wish that I could have a receiver from different manufacturers in my living room side by side hooked up and ready to go, to experience the actual Setup, Use and Sound of each.

As good as that sounds on paper I know that is a lot of work (maybe more than I want) to find a receiver!

Do I really think that in 2011 and the Computer age of R & D, and with each of the well known manufacturers, how bad can they do?

Will one receiver totally BLOW away all of the others, I don't think so..They will each have different Bells & Whistles and different way's of doing the same thing.

They each will include a reference Mic and use Software to Balance and setup your System in your environment!

Software being what it is today some may be a bit more intuitive than another.

Pick a few Receivers (or any item that you are considering to Purchase..Washing Machines for example) and do as much investigating as you can..go have hands on, One on One..

Which can really be tough because some stores just have them in boxes..Go to a "Home Theater" location if you have one, rather than the local Best Buy.

Talk with the guys there that have dealt with ALL of the Mid to High end units and will probably have them actually set up correctly and with decent speakers!

You do the best that you can and then pull the trigger and go for it.

If you get it home and it is a really bad experience and the Sound Result is less than you want, then try another.

I used Sony's for years and years and then I bought My Pioneer Kuro Plasma HDTV, I really love the TV and ultimately was very impressed with Pioneer.

So when my Sony died, I looked at Pioneer for a replacement and I was impressed by the Looks, Sound and Reviews of the Pioneer receivers.

The Pioneer 1019 was out and getting rave reviews, in the "Sound + Vision" and "Home Theater" Magazines, and like the Kuro Plasma HDTV's

(determined to be THE BEST and What ALL other HDTV's were being compared to) the 1019 was getting rave reviews on the A/V receiver side.

Cnet as well ranked the 1019 as a "Best Buy" receiver..So...I went and checked them out and found that the Pioneer VSX 1020 had just come out.

With the VSX 1020 I liked what I Saw, what I Read and in the store..What I Heard!

So I bought it and like my Kuro, I have been very very happy with it!

The VSX 1020 was a Sound that I had never heard before, my Sony was a Dolby Pro Logic unit but when it came out, there was not the true "Surround" sound that is available today.

The first time I put in a Blu-Ray with 5.1 Surround, I just sat with a huge smile on my face realizing what I had been missing!

Fast forward a year and a half and the need for a receiver to go with my Pioneer Plasma HDTV in my living room....

I looked at a few receivers but it was Pioneer that I wanted and the Elite has been as rewarding to me as the VSX 1020 was.

I was not going to start bringing receiver after receiver through my living room as test cases.

Had the Elite VSX 52 really sounded bad then I would consider a change.

But it does not and because I do have the VSX 1020, I already had a leg up on the Software..Been there done that!

So everything was very comfortable...That's it!

Good Luck to you and your Search for what will ultimate lead to the future of A/V in your home.

Myself, I give two thumbs up for the Pioneer.....

Later,

Bud B

PS. Sorry for the length, I get started and this is what ya get! LOL!

#8 ·
Excellent write up, Bud. Nice knowing your history with Pioneer products.

My VSX-52 is the third Pioneer AV receiver I have owned. The first was a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K in 2010 and then a VSX-32 earlier this spring.

I loved the VSX-32 and would sill be using it if it were not for an errant bolt of lightning having other ideas. It was well protected, or so I thought, but even the best protection is a dicey proposition if you get a direct hit. Also creamed were a solar hot water system, a new Plasma TV and a computer motherboard.

So I got the VSX-52 to replace it, and it to my ears it sounds better then than VSX-32. It certainly looks better!

#9 ·
Is it worth the 100.00 difference between the 2 units ? I don't need 3 zones or a second HDMI port

#10 ·
Hi a1usedcomp,

You asked...
Quote:
Is it worth the 100.00 difference between the 2 units ? I don't need 3 zones or a second HDMI port

Between which two units are you talking about?

The Elite VSX 52 has 1 HDMI out, the Elite VSX 53 has 2 HDMI Outs and is $200.00 more than the Elite VSX 52.

I did not think that the E53 was worth $200.00 more for the extra HDMI Out.

The VSX 1121 which compares to the Elite VSX 52 is going for less than $750.00

The Elite VSX 52 is still $900.00 in stores so it is $150.00 + more than the VSX 1121.

The VSX 1121 to the Elite VSX 52 is a tougher call.

When I bought my Elite VSX 52 the VSX 1121 was priced at $799.00 so it was only $100.00 difference.

Then the price on the VSX1121 dropped to $750.00 at places like Amazon, etc.. Now it is less than that.

So, this creates a bigger gap between these two receivers and I think that will drive more people towards the VSX 1121.

However with that said, right now Amazon has the Elite VSX 52 selling for $769.00 about $50.00 more than the VSX 1121.

That confuses me because Pioneer states that if you purchase the Elite's on-Line then the Warranty is Voided!

Lastly,the VSX 1121 does not have any 12volt Triggers, so if you need that feature then you need the Elite VSX 52 but other than that and

the outward looks of the two receivers, there does not seem to be much more of a difference between the two receivers...At least on Paper!

Later,

Bud B

#11 ·
I can get the VSX-53 From a retail store for 820.00 I know this is not an issue with allot of people but the 53 is a better looking unit than the 52

#12 ·
Be aware of purchasing Elites online, as there are NO authorized ways of doing so. Amazon or anyone selling on Amazon are not authorized to sell Elites. Buyer beware, trying to buy online you get no warranty, and the knowledge of helping a real dealer have a more difficult time doing business. This also includes EBay!

When I say "online" I mean adding "one" to a shopping cart then entering your CC info. There are however authorized dealers who are online, that will ship but you must call them first.

#13 ·
Howdy a1usedcomp,

Do you really think that the Elite VSX 53 is a better looking unit?

Brochure for Elite VSX 53

Features in Bold are the Upgrades from the Elite VSX 52...You can see that there is not much.

Maybe the Aluminum plate makes it look better.

When you open the one Brochure after the other they look the same.

I do like the Gold & Blue! Looks really sharp!

Brochure for Elite VSX 52

When I was at BB ya know I did not even look at the E53.

I'll look next time I am in one.

Elite VSX 53 for $820.00 is a Great price, I paid Full Price $900.00 for my E-52 but I got it when they first came out and I just could not wait for the prices to drop and I knew they would..

Almost makes me want to return my E-52 and get the E-53 for your price...2nd HDMI and save 80 bucks sounds like a deal to me!

Although with BB I got 36 months same as cash.

There are some new Elites coming out any day and also in September.

This will drop the prices on the E-52 & 53 a little more.

Later,

Bud

#14 ·
I guess from the links they look the same , also I have a Integra 50.2 now but I want to buy a pioneer , I wonder if I should wait of grab the VSX-53 for 820.00 out the door

#15 ·
Hi all,

Just an FYI, you might want to continue and check out the VSX 1121 Owners thread as well.

There was just a recent discussion in regard to the "Home Media Gallery" (HMG) on the Elite VSX 52 and the VSX 1121... Check out jwhazel's post about 2/3 rds down the page.

Link here....
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1330154&page=4

It is the nature of the Beasts that they share a kindred Spirit between them.

Happy Reading,

Bud B

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVH
Be aware of purchasing Elites online, as there are NO authorized ways of doing so. Amazon or anyone selling on Amazon are not authorized to sell Elites. Buyer beware, trying to buy online you get no warranty, and the knowledge of helping a real dealer have a more difficult time doing business. This also includes EBay!

When I say "online" I mean adding "one" to a shopping cart then entering your CC info. There are however authorized dealers who are online, that will ship but you must call them first.
There are no places around my area that sell Elite AVR's. And i would end up paying a good $600 more for a SC37 or35 than i would at Amazon.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2
There are no places around my area that sell Elite AVR's. And i would end up paying a good $600 more for a SC37 or35 than i would at Amazon.
And your point is?

Like I said, there are a few online places that are authorized to sell Elites, you just have to call and then have them ship it to you. Buying from unauthorized sellers only hurts the business.

#18 ·
Hello, hopefully someone here can help me with the questions I have for my new setup. I have read the manual front to back a few times but cannot seem to make sense of some of it. I also couldn't find anyone talking about this stuff on any other forum.

I have the following setup:

- Sony KDL46XBR4

- PS3

- Pioneer Elite VSX-52

- 5.1 Martin Logan surround system (motion 12's for the front, motion 8 for the center, and 2 motion 4's for the surrounds and a ML Dynamo 500 for the subwoofer). I am using the speaker normal speaker hookups.. just the front/center/surround/subwoofer outputs.

- I also have it LAN connected, there is a Buffalo Linstation NAS drive on the network that I use to store movies and music

I currently have both the cable box and PS3 using HDMI inputs 1 and 2, and the HDMI out going to the tv. Everything seems to work great but it doesn't seem to sound a good as it did in Magnolia. I have also already done the MCACC sound test. I'm not sure what it really did but I did it anyway.

Now for my questions/problems...

1) No surround sound when playing MP3's through the PS3/Linkstation. Only the front and center speakers are used when listening to music. This happens when listening to FM radio as well. Watching .MKV movies from my laptop, using its HDMI out, will also not produce surround. Some TV channels, even HD ones, will do this to.

I have tried the various surround options. Sometimes I cannot even change them for some reason, it mostly just shows as STEREO and only two speaker icons(the fronts) are shown. One thing I noticed was that ProLogicX settings are no longer available. I only see ProLogic options now, I read had that ProLogicX is only available when the surround back speakers are being used, and am not using them. That would make sense, but it had shown with the X yesterday but not today. This seems to coincide with the loss of my surround for music.

I get surround when playing games or watching movies. Shouldn't I be able to expect surround sound for all sources?

2) Watching a bluray on PS3 doesn't use TrueHD sound codec. It wants to use PCM. Does this matter? Should I be worried about this? When/how do any of these codecs (trueHD, DTS, DTSMaster, etc) get used?

3) My surround speakers, barely produce any sound for most inputs. Should they be louder?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to let me know what I'm doing wrong.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVH
And your point is?

Like I said, there are a few online places that are authorized to sell Elites, you just have to call and then have them ship it to you. Buying from unauthorized sellers only hurts the business.
I don't have a point jack. I would rather pay $600 less and take my chances than pay $600 more for a Warranty. I change gear so fast anyway i don't see a need for a warranty.

#20 ·
Hi CHASLS2,

You don't have a Best Buy or a Stereo shop where you live (and I thought Rochester was Bad)

No Worries Mate..Just buy a VSX 1121, except for the Elite's two 12volt triggers, Some Cosmetics and Warranty, it is the same beast!

If you can find an Elite that's fine but if you can't don't kill yourself!

You will experience all that the Elite VSX 52 has to offer in the VSX 1121.

Plus the VSX 1121 is widely available.

Hope this helps.....

Bud B

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2
I don't have a point jack. I would rather pay $600 less and take my chances than pay $600 more for a Warranty. I change gear so fast anyway i don't see a need for a warranty.
Slow your roll slick...... $600 is a lot of money to be saving, but people like you are the ones who make it harder for the real guys to make a living. If you look hard enough you'll find a real dealer who will ship it to you, and possibly get a good deal. Buying from unauthorized sellers only hurts the business in the long run.

#22 ·
Hi dhs135,

Let me see if I can help you out a bit.

Quote:
I have also already done the MCACC sound test. I'm not sure what it really did but I did it anyway.
Well, to see what it did you can go to MCACC Data Check and it will tell you what adjustments were made.

Speaker Setting - Confirm that this is what you have.
Channel Level - Tells you what each speaker is set at
Speaker Distance - Confirm that this spec is close to your actual distances.

and on through the other selections.

Quote:
No surround sound when playing MP3's through the PS3/Linkstation. Only the front and center speakers are used when listening to music. This happens when listening to FM radio as well.
The reason for this is that Music and Radio do not include Surround.

If you want to hear Surround then you have to use "Ext. Stereo" this turns on all of your speakers or check out some other Hybrid Surround Effects.

Quote:
Watching .MKV movies from my laptop, using its HDMI out, will also not produce surround
You will have to check and see what your laptop is using for Audio Out.

I have my HTPC connected to my VSX 1020 and my Elite VSX 52

My Gateway uses Cyberlink's PowerDVD 10 for DVD's and Blu-Rays and there is a setting under Audio Preferences as to how it sends Audio out and to my receiver.

I have it send " non decoded Digital Dolby/DTS to External Device" this way it lets my Pioneer produce the Audio.

The other setting is a PCM setting so you need to check the program that you use for your HDMI's Audio Out and what it is set at.

Quote:
Some TV channels, even HD ones, will do this to.
Not ALL Broadcasts are Created Equal!

If there is no Surround Signals present then your receiver cannot show what is not there...There is a saying.."Garbage In, Garbage Out!"

Not even all of my Pay channels like HBO or Encore has Surround!

I could go through my Time Warner Cable and tell you which stations have Surround and which do not, my receiver is on "ALC" if I see "Digital" I can expect Surround if I see "Stereo" I will not!

Right now I am watching "HD Theater" and my Surrounds are producing the program's Surround. I'm watching "OverHaulin'"

Sometimes you will find a channel like "HD Theater" and yet not ALL Programs have Surround.

Most old movies do not have Surround..you have to understand that it is not a problem with your receiver but the programming that it receives.

Like 3D, Surround is becoming more widely available.

This is why there are some Surround settings on your receiver that is producing kind of a Modified/Hybrid Surround Sound for you.

Like right now some commercials have Surround some do not, it is all in the production!

Quote:
I have tried the various surround options. Sometimes I cannot even change them for some reason, it mostly just shows as STEREO and only two speaker icons(the fronts) are shown.
Again, it is not lying to you, it will only show Stereo because that is all that is there...Go to a Hybrid Surround Setting or try Dolby ProLogic, etc...

You will after a while discover where Surround is available.

I am beginning to know what TWC Channels have Surround and which ones do not, if I am on one that does not, I will choose a Hybrid Surround Setting or just use "Ext. Stereo" because then my Surrounds will come on.

Also in a Movie it may be a quiet scene with just a two people Dialog and no Surround..Then a chase scene will have a lot of Surround Activity.

Surround effect comes and goes, that is what Surround is all about!

It is for an Ambient Effect where needed and not to be abused.

If you just want your surround Speakers to stay on all the time, use "Ext. Stereo" and this turns on all of your speakers.

Quote:
I get surround when playing games or watching movies. Shouldn't I be able to expect surround sound for all sources?
No...See above

Quote:
Watching a bluray on PS3 doesn't use TrueHD sound codec. It wants to use PCM. Does this matter? Should I be worried about this? When/how do any of these codecs (trueHD, DTS, DTSMaster, etc) get used?
There have been many discussions about the PS3.

You have to go into it's sound settings and I think change it to Bit-Stream.

I am not sure but there is a setting in the PS3 that needs to be set.

You can check the VSX 1020 and VSX 1120 Threads because I know on the previous models this was discussed a lot!

Quote:
My surround speakers, barely produce any sound for most inputs. Should they be louder?
That's a tough question because per "Surround Program Material" the Surrounds will be louder and softer...because again it is for an effect as if you were in the room..

a Chase or action segment it will be louder than creeping through a haunted house...

The MCACC initial Setup and Speaker Distance is important..Also the placement of the Reference Mic is critical for the initial Setup!

I used a tripod and placed the Mic by where I sit.

In my bedroom I put it in the middle of my Bed in a mini tripod on top of my VSX 1020 box. It wants a hard Surface to work off of.

I hope that this helps you out.

I think a lot of it is for you to understand what Surround is all about and that it is a very subjective effect from program to program and how they ( the Production Company) meant for their Surround effect to play into their production! It is a Highlight and discretionary to each production.

Good Luck and enjoy..Your probably a few tweaks away!

Bud B

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B
Hi CHASLS2,

You don't have a Best Buy or a Stereo shop where you live (and I thought Rochester was Bad)

No Worries Mate..Just buy a VSX 1121, except for the Elite's two 12volt triggers, Some Cosmetics and Warranty, it is the same beast!

If you can find an Elite that's fine but if you can't don't kill yourself!

You will experience all that the Elite VSX 52 has to offer in the VSX 1121.

Plus the VSX 1121 is widely available.

Hope this helps.....

Bud B
There is a bestbuy less than a mile from my house. They don't sell any Elite stuff, plus i won't even walk into a BB. There are a very few high end A/V stores in Tampa 30 miles from my house, but they want full retail prices.

I am happy with my 1120k, just want to go with a 35 or SC37.

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVH
Slow your roll slick...... $600 is a lot of money to be saving, but people like you are the ones who make it harder for the real guys to make a living. If you look hard enough you'll find a real dealer who will ship it to you, and possibly get a good deal. Buying from unauthorized sellers only hurts the business in the long run.
Slow my roll slick? What kinda lingo is that?

#25 ·
Hi CHASLS2,

Quote:
I am happy with my 1120k, just want to go with a 35 or SC37.
This month and September there is supposed to be replacements out for the SC35 and 37.

This will cause prices to drop on the existing SC35 & 37.

You seem to have a problem with Best Buy but Pioneer Elites can be purchased on-line and then sent to any Best Buy, including the one that is a mile from you.

You would need to know that it is what you wanted because it would just be for pickup and take home.

You live by Tampa, Fl..Get out!

My Sister and other relatives live in Tampa, I am sure that there are plenty of Pioneer retailers available.

You also have access to Orlando!

My other Sister lives in Orlando, so I have made the "Bee Line Highway" run from Tampa to Orlando a lot!

It is a little more than me going from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami!

Florida is where I grew up since I was four so I know it very well!

You do not live in some out of the way Boondocks!

You have two huge Metropolises by you!

If you can't find a SC-35 or SC-37 where you live, then there is a BIG problem!

Mickey will help you! LOL!

I drove from Rochester to Buffalo for my Pioneer Kuro Plasma, about an hour and a half each way and it was well worth it!

My main home is Ft. Lauderdale and like Tampa, I know if I was home, I could find one today!

Rochester, NY on the other hand may be a little tougher.

Plus like I said there should be some Great deals to be had on the SC 35 and 37 as their replacements start to Ship.

You may actually want to see what the new Elites are spec'd for, you might want to hold out for their replacements!

Check here at AVS for a discussion on the new Elites that are coming...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1333410

There is a Dealer Locator on the Pioneer website

Link Here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy

If you need help with Zip Codes etc..let me know and I can throw out an email to my relatives in Tampa for some Pioneer help!

Some relatives and Friends are Police in Hillsborough County!

Before being transferred to Rochester my Monthly Corporate Sales Meetings were held in Tampa.

Talk about a 12 hour day with 8 hours on the Road, via the Fl Turnpike and I-95!

Yea, I know Tampa!

Good Luck in your Search..But You should be able to find what you want!

Your in a Hot & Happening part of the State..Central Florida.

Uncanny that you are in Tampa..Small World!

High of 88 here in Rochester, NY today.

Have a Great Day!

Bud B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.