AVS Forum banner
289K views 949 replies 167 participants last post by  Mateusz Szymanski 
#1 ·
Acer is expected to launch the first 500 lumen LED projector this year before the likes of Optoma and Viewsonic.

The projector features:

1280x800 native resolution

5000:1 contrast ratio

500 ANSI lumens

3D projection support

Direct projection of files from USB flash drives

If the Acer K330 delivers on it's promise it could be a game changer!

See less See more
#28 ·
The Acer K330 uses the new "Pico" chip from TI which is native 1280x800 pixels; I don't think TI even makes "wobulated" chips any longer, but i could be wrong on this point...

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureulterior /forum/post/20679692

The qumi is wobulated (diamond-shaped pixels)

My optoma pt100 must be wobulated then.......diamond pixels dont mean that.

#34 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gain3
So we have subframes - "wobulation" with pico HD alikes afterall right ??

- Not just diamond pixels.
only rptvs are using wobulated to save money-

#39 ·
Contrast ratio 4000:1 Nice.
From what it says, it sounds good.

But I think I prefer the prototype black color...

I've been itching to pull the trigger on a pj since the start of the year (!). Now, like a few posters hv already mentioned, I'm gonna wait for all of these clones to be released and tested a bit before I pull the trigger. This hopefully will be done sometime before xmas (this year). It's gonna be and gonna feel like a long long wait still.

#41 ·
the viewsonic version is already out an is over 1000usd also-wheres the led savings?

#42 ·
Guys, remember that Viewsonic, Acer and Optoma have already stated that the USA pricing for these projectors will be $700 and i for one have no doubt about it.

Last year when i bought my LG HX-300G i first saw it at ebay, shipped from Hong Kong, for almost $1,000; By the time i got it from a USA dealer the msrp was around $750 and i got it discounted for less than that amount.

Wait until late September/October and we'll all be able to get any of them for $700, although i imagine that to find them much discounted from that might be difficult at first.

#46 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/20789674

Guys, remember that Viewsonic, Acer and Optoma have already stated that the USA pricing for these projectors will be $700 and i for one have no doubt about it.

Last year when i bought my LG HX-300G i first saw it at ebay, shipped from Hong Kong, for almost $1,000; By the time i got it from a USA dealer the msrp was around $750 and i got it discounted for less than that amount.

Wait until late September/October and we'll all be able to get any of them for $700, although i imagine that to find them much discounted from that might be difficult at first.

I got mine at over $ 700 and I hope I can sell it and still manage to get half the price I paid for it.

#50 ·
dissapointing....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.