AVS Forum banner

Vizio E3Dxx0VX series tread

33K views 189 replies 50 participants last post by  ngwest36 
#1 ·
See less See more
#52 ·
Try temporarily disabling the wifi password and see if it works, if it does it is likely a problem with the password or encryption. Try changing the password or using different encryption scheme (wep, wpa, wpa2). Also updating the firmware may help especially if it hasn't been updated in a long time.

#53 ·
picked up the 32" - e3d320vx - from Walmart last week as well as a "high speed" DVI-HDMI cable (HDMI 1.4)

Works well with Netflix via built-in wifi

PC - connected to gaming PC (2x nVidia 9800GTX) via the DVI-HDMI cable but the mouse/keyboard lag is very bad unless you enable GAME mode in the settings, which sometimes you have to disable and re-enable.

Response time is also poor when playing full screen games compared to a 22" Vizio I tried out last month.

Have not yet been able to determine how to get 3D to work for PC games.

Do you need to enable the 3D in the nVidia driver settings as this does not seem to support the type of 3D as one of the 4 choices?

---------------------

EDIT - I discovered that for PC gaming you either have to have the special nVidia 3D Vision Pack with active glasses or you have to purchase additional NVIDIA 3DTV software for $40 and have an nVidia GTX260 or better

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-pl...uirements.html

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaussi /forum/post/20598099

picked up the 32" - e3d320vx - from Walmart last week as well as a "high speed" DVI-HDMI cable (HDMI 1.4)

Works well with Netflix via built-in wifi

PC - connected to gaming PC (2x nVidia 9800GTX) via the DVI-HDMI cable but the mouse/keyboard lag is very bad unless you enable GAME mode in the settings, which sometimes you have to disable and re-enable.

Response time is also poor when playing full screen games compared to a 22" Vizio I tried out last month.

Have not yet been able to determine how to get 3D to work for PC games.

Do you need to enable the 3D in the nVidia driver settings as this does not seem to support the type of 3D as one of the 4 choices?

---------------------

EDIT - I discovered that for PC gaming you either have to have the special nVidia 3D Vision Pack with active glasses or you have to purchase additional NVIDIA 3DTV software for $40 and have an nVidia GTX260 or better

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-pl...uirements.html

You can try nvidia's 3DPlay for 14 days free. You can only do 1024x768 resolution with it though, blah. Crysis 2 supports 3D in-game at full res though.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEvers /forum/post/20601382

I look forward to your thoughts on the PC 3D gaming on this tv..

Crysis 2 worked good, looked great in 3D. What else would you like to know?

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 /forum/post/20604466

Crysis 2 worked good, looked great in 3D. What else would you like to know?

I happened upon a 47" display model on clearance at my local walmart.. Figured what the hey, even more reason to take the dive with the sale price + discount.. Also have a new computer I bought being shipped.. So by Friday, I should have all my questions answered..

One problem though.. I didn't get the manual with the tv.. and the Vizio website only has the "quick start" guide available.. The one question I currently have involves the "Media" app on the tv.. It says there are no media devices.. I was wondering what that app is used for? I'm thinking you can upload videos to your computer and share through the tv? I dont know, but it won't give me the option to setup a media device/outlet so i can't tell what it's for anyways..

#59 ·
Media app is used for thumb drives with mp3, jpg and other files plugged into one of the usb ports on the tv. TV must be off when plugging and unplugging usb thumb drives.

For the manual, use the one listed for the E3D420VX, the manual that came with my 42" is for the 32", 42" and 47" tvs.

#60 ·
Finally got around to watching Drive Angry. If you like Grindhouse flicks you'll like this one. 3D is reference quality IMO, even better than RE:Afterlife. At least till Avatar comes out I guess.

#62 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy3d /forum/post/20665589

Hi guys,

You don't need 3DTV play to play games in 3D, you can play at maximum resolution 1920x1080 at 60 fps using IZ3D drivers. I've been using this for nearly 3 years. Read my guide for info.

I've seen references to IZ3D. I'll check it out, thanks.

#63 ·
so you can use an amd or nvidia card to output games and than use the passive glasses that came with the set?

#64 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubs /forum/post/20671991

so you can use an amd or nvidia card to output games and than use the passive glasses that came with the set?

With IZ3D you can. I used it last night with Fable 3. It works very well. Nvidia's 3DPlay works too but only at 1024x720 resolution. So far IZ3D is a better solution.

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy3d /forum/post/20717354

How does everyone like or have used 3d gaming on your tv's so far?

I have and like it; crysis 2 (native), Fable 3 (IZ3D), and PS3.

#70 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 /forum/post/20780307

Has anyone had their 32" calibrated? Or, do you know of any calibration settings?

I haven't read of any calibrations on the 3 E3DxxV0X threads I subscribe to. If you're interested you can look at the screenshots here and the settings I use.

#72 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixm477
can someone help me? just got the set installed (i got the 32) and tried a vudu 3d trailer it shows it sbs but when i press the 3d button nothing happens, even in settings the 3d is greyed out, can someone help me out?
that's weird. I just tried the 3d trailer for tron legacy and it didn't even ask, just chose 1080P and it started playing in 3d, put on glasses, etc. didn't have to hit the 3d button at all. Which trailer was it, how is your TV connecting to internet, wireless or wired? Do any other trailers work? Do you have a PS3 to try 3D trailers from there?

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 /forum/post/20815308

that's weird. I just tried the 3d trailer for tron legacy and it didn't even ask, just chose 1080P and it started playing in 3d, put on glasses, etc. didn't have to hit the 3d button at all. Which trailer was it, how is your TV connecting to internet, wireless or wired? Do any other trailers work? Do you have a PS3 to try 3D trailers from there?

my set installed a firmware update and now it goes str8 into 3d when im in hulu automatically so it must be a update. my issue now is when i connect my pc thru hdmi the desktop wont cover the whole screen it has a black border so when i fullscreen a 3d youtube video and have it combine sbs its a bit off and the 3d doesnt work well, i assume the black border is affecting it, is there any way for me to fix it?

#74 ·
what graphics card do you have? Look for a display setting called "Just Scan" or something like "PC Mode."

#76 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueN /forum/post/20841696

Does this TV support displaying MPO files on USB port? Thanks.

If I can find one I'd be glad to try. Nothing in the manual about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.