AVS Forum banner

Borderlands 2

Tags
gaming
42K views 849 replies 70 participants last post by  rightintel 
#1 ·
Borderlands 2 was officially announced yesterday and is going to have a big write-up in this month's Game Informer.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...0-3458572.aspx

Looks like it's scheduled to be released sometime in the 2012 FY, so post-April of 2012.

More details are supposed to come at GameCon(?) and PAX Prime this fall.

#3 ·
Loved the first one, can't wait to see how they expand/improve for 2.

#4 ·
I'm still working on the Borderlands GOTY edition I bought a few months ago. I just can't help revisiting red boxes in search of another good weapon for later. I guess I'll end up finishing all the DLC before the main storyline just so I'm as strong as possible, then see about another run after moving back to some other games I've got waiting.

A sequel might be OK if it doesn't interfere with Mass Effect 2 or some other game I'm getting next year...

#5 ·
First Day Buy for me. Easily in my Top 5 Games so far on the 360. I'll probably buy a second copy too, so any of my kids can co-op.

I want one "must have" though: they need to make it easier for different levels drop-in/drop-out, and to progress with each other. Every time I got online, the people were always ahead of me on missions and they left or booted me. With my kids it is the opposite as all of my characters are higher level. My menu makes it hard to tell what tasks they still need to complete so I can advise them, and they frequently have the wrong mission set or accidentally change it halfway through and it can be hard for me to tell from my HT. Somehow all this needs to be improved...

#7 ·
Also a first day buy for me. Borderlands is definitely in my top 2 as far as playtime.

#8 ·
There is a real possible problem for me: if it comes out the same time as BioShock, I may lose my mind trying to decide between the two. I might have to ignore the wife for a few weeks if that happens...

#12 ·
A few details....

Quote:
New Borderland 2 details have been revealed in US magazine Game Informer (revealed via Gematsu).

Like its predecessor, Borderlands 2 supports four-player co-op, but the protagonists from the first game will only appear as NPCs.

Furthermore, that squat, gruff looking chap we saw on the cover of Game Informer last week now has a name. He's called Salvador, the Gunzerker, and he's capable of wielding any weapon in the game.

Another change is inclusion of dynamic story missions, in which the story will shape to fit your success or failure.

A new element, Eridium, will also be present. It's not a weapon, but can be combined with guns and vehicles to improve their stats. And it's also used as a form of currency.

Enemies also promise to be more varied and more intelligent.

If you got attached to a particular weapon in the first game, it's time to say a tearful goodbye. Gearbox is scrapping all the weapons from the first game in favour of a new-look arsenal.

Borderlands 2 will be on display at Gamescom 2011 in Germany later this month from August 17 - August 21. IGN will be there, so we'll keep you informed.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/20798297

"If you got attached to a particular weapon in the first game, it's time to say a tearful goodbye. Gearbox is scrapping all the weapons from the first game in favour of a new-look arsenal."

Cccrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp!

Hope it's for the best.

...and one would think how can anyone top a "zillion weapon combinations" but I guess we're going to see..."Zillion Weapon 2.0".

And yes I did have a few "favorites"...

KLR300 Pearl Aries...in Mordecai hands with max pistol mod...brutal

HK2 C Colbalt Tsunami...in Liliths hands with smg mod...a killer

HLK4902 Support Serpens....Fire & Acid....Soldier was lethal

ZX10 Detonating Butcher...min damage but insane firerate...just fun to shoot

RF5 C Cobalt Firehawk Repeater...rapid "FIRE"....lite em' up!

HX3 C Combustion Hellfire SMG....with Lilith...unstoppable

VRR450 C Cobalt Volcano...long range fire in the hole

RWL260 Redemption Rocket Launcher...Brick's "rocket mod" made this fun.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic /forum/post/20817027

Can't wait for this.. Loved the first. Armor pieces would have made me orgasm though..

Yes!!! I'd like to see some kind of armor system as well. It would be cool to make your character look different than others as well as giving you resistance to the different kinds of firepower.

#18 ·
A 17min interview with Mr. Pitchford:
Randy talks Borderlands 2

Some decent meat in there. He admits what was wrong with the ending of the first Borderlands. Talks about how duel-wielding will work. New Co-op options. And lots of other general stuff. He also mentions cloud saves. Which on face is a great idea. It just makes me concerned a tool like Willowtree won't be possible with Borderlands 2. I really hope that isn't the case, as I found that to be a game in of itself.

#22 ·
Guns as grenades, eh? notsureifwant.jpg ... though this could be interesting.

Quote:
Gearbox Software showed off an early version of Borderlands 2 at Gamescom, quickly getting to one of the better weapon innovations in the gun-centric role-playing shooter. Tediore brand guns, as demonstrated by Gearbox's Steve Gibson, are as disposable as clips. Rather than reload, players will simply toss the entire gun. They'll toss it like a grenade at enemies when the clip runs out. They'll do so because those guns behave like grenades, exploding when thrown.

Tediore guns explode whether they're emptied or not. They'll do more damage if players toss 'em with rounds still in the clip. And players will have a new, fully-loaded version of the same gun in their hand a moment after tossing out the old one. A replacement instantly teleports (or is instantly re-constructed) in place of the discarded one.

Guns-as-grenades may be one of the more appealing additions to Borderlands 2, but it's the game's improved user interface that is more welcome. Gearbox has thankfully added a mini-map to the game's HUD. It floats in the upper right corner of the screen, hopefully alleviating the frustration of navigating Borderlands' alien world.

Gearbox has also made other sundry UI improvements, with a cleaner, clearer menu screen that's easier to read and is redesigned with split-screen multiplayer in mind. And speaking of split-screen, players can take their split-screen co-op games online.

Nice. They added support to play splitscreen coop online.

More info in this article.

http://kotaku.com/5832501/the-ultra-...-borderlands-2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.