AVS Forum banner

Home Theater Demo Disc - Version 2.0

228K views 2K replies 310 participants last post by  shftup 
#1 ·
Post Deleted

#452 ·
I'm out of town so my Internet speed sucks. No more 100 mbit connection in the hotel. However I think I may be on the wrong torrent (47%).

Does anyone have thd link to the new one? Not so fun going through thread pages on an iPhone!

Thanks. When I return next Tuesday, I'll sees indefinitely again.

#453 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit
I'm out of town so my Internet speed sucks. No more 100 mbit connection in the hotel. However I think I may be on the wrong torrent (47%).

Does anyone have thd link to the new one? Not so fun going through thread pages on an iPhone!

Thanks. When I return next Tuesday, I'll sees indefinitely again.
This is the link to the disc's page.

#454 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99
Steve, I hope you could tell the difference in the VQ between the "Big Screen" edition that I sent you way back when, vs. the non-IMAX scene that you had on v1.0. I now feel like I had a tiny, tiny, tiny part of helping create Version 2.0!!

I just checked the thread to see about the progress (haven't been here in a few weeks but subscribed a while ago), and very happy to see this is now available for downloading!! I'm currently downloading @ 2.4% done (Tom Petty: "Waaaaiting is the hardest part"), and will gladly continue seeding well after I'm done.

Thanks again for all your time in putting this together for everyone! If you ever run for office, I'll move to your area so I can vote for you!!
Yeah I noticed the difference with the IMAX version. I hadn't seen it before I did v1 and when you brought it to my attention I thought I read someone that the VQ wasn't any different or that big of a deal. In the complete sense of the movie I guess that is true since the IMAX scenes are relatively rare. Turns out though that the biggest IMAX scene just happens to be the scene that I used in the demo disc (The forest fight) and therefore the difference in VQ is well worth it's purpose.

#455 ·
Quote:
Thanks again for all your time in putting this together for everyone! If you ever run for office, I'll move to your area so I can vote for you!!

and here I was thinking we were supposed to vote for people that aligned with our ethical/moral, social, and fiscal principles, not just vote for the guy who gave us the most free swag?!?!

Hmmm...I guess this explains a lot about why we have our current political situation...

sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I couldn't resist this little jest - we return to your regularly scheduled programming.

#456 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
and here I was thinking we were supposed to vote for people that aligned with our ethical/moral, social, and fiscal principles, not just vote for the guy who gave us the most free swag?!?!

Hmmm...I guess this explains a lot about why we have our current political situation...

sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I couldn't resist this little jest - we return to your regularly scheduled programming.
This is where the trouble begins 1 person makes a comment in "jest" thensomeone else does the same thing. Before you know it, the thread is locked and people are banned/suspended. Honestly there is a reason why most forums restrict political talk in most areas.

#457 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea

Oh, sure - next you'll blame the recent stock market volatility on lil' ol me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te
This is where the trouble begins 1 person makes a comment in "jest" thensomeone else does the same thing. Before you know it, the thread is locked and people are banned/suspended. Honestly there is a reason why most forums restrict political talk in most areas.
I've said my peace...

Steve, glad that you liked the IMAX scenes. I personally wished that more of the movie (if not entirely) were filled with these 1.78:1 scenes...but I know that would affect those of you with CIH screens, like yourself. Who knows, maybe I'll join your club in the next year or two...

Back OT - 20.6% complete and counting!

#458 ·
Quote:
Oh, sure - next you'll blame the recent stock market volatility on lil' ol me...

I've said my peace...

Steve, glad that you liked the IMAX scenes. I personally wished that more of the movie (if not entirely) were filled with these 1.78:1 scenes...but I know that would affect those of you with CIH screens, like yourself. Who knows, maybe I'll join your club in the next year or two...

Back OT - 20.6% complete and counting!
Oh, I'm not in the CIH club yet. Too much 16:9 viewing and gaming to justify it for it myself.

#460 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeOne33
This is the link to the disc's page.

And here is the link to the new torrent.
Thank you very much indeed!

After re-checking my previously downloaded material, it seems I'm only on 20% not, 47. Oh well, I'll get it soon enough when the laptop's back at work on Tuesday.

#461 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365
Oh, I'm not in the CIH club yet. Too much 16:9 viewing and gaming to justify it for it myself.
Oops, my bad!

BTW - need any new Blu-rays for v3.0?

#462 ·
Quote:
Oops, my bad!

BTW - need any new Blu-rays for v3.0?
Ugghhh, I don't even want to think about v3.0 right now. v2.0 took much longer than I wanted it to. I thought I had all of the framework in place from v1.0 but I ended up having to redo a lot because of menu buffers and such. At this point I'm not sure there is anything else I could do except just make new discs with new clips.

I'm not ruling out a v3.0 but don't expect one any time soon.

#463 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit /forum/post/20841691

After re-checking my previously downloaded material, it seems I'm only on 20% not, 47.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me.

As long as the disc works, it doesn't really matter. I'm already caught up with the pack. (85%)

#464 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi /forum/post/20841923

Yeah, the same thing happened to me.

As long as the disc works, it doesn't really matter. I'm already caught up with the pack. (85%)

Once the "pack" reaches 100%, it will be a mad dash to the blu-ray burners. Scubasteve should have put in an easter egg, so the first one to get their disc up and running gets the prize.

#465 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailinator /forum/post/20842420

Once the "pack" reaches 100%, it will be a mad dash to the blu-ray burners. Scubasteve should have put in an easter egg, so the first one to get their disc up and running gets the prize.

I did.

The first person to get their disc up and running wins a free demonstration bluray valued at many many hours of a 30 year old engineer's time.

#466 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 /forum/post/0

Ugghhh, I don't even want to think about v3.0 right now. v2.0 took much longer than I wanted it to.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any pressure! I was sorta joking about that since I'm sure you burned out a bit after all your time on this second disc. It's time for you to take a well-deserved break!

I think all you have learned regarding how to make your demo discs would be cool for me to learn also. Maybe one of those lotto tix I buy on occasion will allow me the time to do so!

#467 ·
cool

#468 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 /forum/post/20842466

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any pressure! I was sorta joking about that since I'm sure you burned out a bit after all your time on this second disc. It's time for you to take a well-deserved break!

I think all you have learned regarding how to make your demo discs would be cool for me to learn also. Maybe one of those lotto tix I buy on occasion will allow me the time to do so!

Nah, I'll just move on to the next project. I've been loosely planning for a quad-18" infinite baffle subwoofer arrangement for some time now. Just been trying to pay off some debt so that the wife doesn't come at me with an axe for spending yet more cash on the theater.

#469 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 /forum/post/20842430

I did.

The first person to get their disc up and running wins a free demonstration bluray valued at many many hours of a 30 year old engineer's time.

I know you're kidding, ....the leaders of the pack right now are ~ 88.4% completion so it looks like tomorrow will be finished for many

#470 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster /forum/post/20842829

I know you're kidding, ....the leaders of the pack right now are ~ 88.4% completion so it looks like tomorrow will be finished for many

No, it's the truth.

The person that completes this torrent to 100% will immediately have in their possession: a demonstration blu-ray valued at many many hours of a 30 year old engineer's time

#471 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 /forum/post/20842430

I did.

i c wut u did there

EDIT: There are several dozen of us all at the 88.5% mark, so pretty soon this disc will be flying to everyone.

#473 ·
Been a while since I checked in on this thread, glad I did!! I'll begin downloading tonight...this will be SO cool in CIH format, excellent work Steve.

#476 ·
From Shadowcaster's book of useless facts :

1. It took 9 months to complete the first 9 pages of this thread.

2. It took only 19 days to complete an additional 7 pages !

3. When downloads start completing, the sky's the limit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.