AVS Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 806 participants last post by  SailorVenus 
#1 ·

Ok here are some snapshot pictures of my 70" ELITE! Sorry for the wait everyone please enjoy, I'll take more later but it's been a very long weekend for me. OH and for those of you still wondering, YES this ELITE is the Real thing! I was totally blow away with the picture quality and deep blacks! When I have more time I"ll write a review, but for now enjoy some quick snapshots.

See less See more
#2 ·

Blacks completely meld in with the bezel!

#3 ·

#4 ·
Off Axis Pic.

Cable source Pic.

#5 ·
*Reserved*

#7 ·
Your pics are looking great. I can imagine this set only looks better in home vs store. I now how great it looks in store. But as with any set I've ever owned... It always looks way better in home. Although it will be a while before I get this baby home.

As you've said. I believe this set is the real deal. Try and watch I am legend on this set if you get a chance. I'd like to see what it can do!

Again, congratulations on the set. Look forward to your user review.

#10 ·
No doubt Elite belongs to the elite PQ class. However, concern is about the reflections. Early evaluators were talking about Elite being dark room TV. Now voices are heard Elite is only slightly worse in this dept than e.g. Sony HX929.

Critical question is thus: Is Elite suitable for daylight watching with windows on side/behind it? Now, after we have seen superb dark room pics, is it possible to get pics taken in daylight or at least with light on?

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141park /forum/post/20913178

Hi Guys, what height would you recommend mounting the 70 inch elite? Mine is hopefully arriving Friday and just wanted to see what would be an ideal height to mount the TV.

Thanks

I too am awaiting delivery from VE later this week/next. I have had a 70inch Qualia 006 for the last 6 years sitting on a Triple20 from Salamander, which is 20 inches off the floor. It is the lower height model in other words, they make one that is like 30 inches high, but that would have been WAY too high. I LOVE the choice I made in the Triple20 6 years ago, and it will continue as the pedestal for the beautiful Elite70. Puts the center of the screen almost exactly at eye-level when sitting on the couch. Perfect in my opinion.

Brian

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141park /forum/post/20913178

Hi Guys, what height would you recommend mounting the 70 inch elite? Mine is hopefully arriving Friday and just wanted to see what would be an ideal height to mount the TV.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithAPlan /forum/post/20913199

I too am awaiting delivery from VE later this week/next. I have had a 70inch Qualia 006 for the last 6 years sitting on a Triple20 from Salamander, which is 20 inches off the floor. It is the lower height model in other words, they make one that is like 30 inches high, but that would have been WAY too high. I LOVE the choice I made in the Triple20 6 years ago, and it will continue as the pedestal for the beautiful Elite70. Puts the center of the screen almost exactly at eye-level when sitting on the couch. Perfect in my opinion.

Brian

The optimum height depends on the distance to your prime viewing position and the height and back angle of the seats as well.

My 70X5FD should be coming soon as well from VE. I also purchased a Salamander triple that is 24.5" high and a Synchromate stand that will float the tv 9" above the cabinet top to allow the center channel to be on top of the cabinet too. So for my application the center of the tv screen will be ~53" off the ground. I did a mock up and wife tested the setup before ordering.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithAPlan /forum/post/20913199

Brian

I have a Salamander of about the same age. Forget which model but 84" wide and space for center channel speaker in center. Does yours have the casters? My measurements indicate that eye level will slightly closer to the mid screen point than the 65" Panny it's replacing.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger /forum/post/20913300

I have a Salamander of about the same age. Forget which model but 84" wide and space for center channel speaker in center. Does yours have the casters? My measurements indicate that eye level will slightly closer to the mid screen point than the 65" Panny it's replacing.

Yep, probably the same one...space in the middle bottom for my B&W center channel (inclined gently upward, to hit the viewer right in the ears!)....you can see my exact setup here...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...ostcount=16742

So, the Elite70 will replace the Qualia 006 in exactly the same setup as you see there in that post. Hope that helps...

Brian