AVS Forum banner

How to record via IEEE 1394 (Firewire) to Windows XP

3M views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  m. zillch 
#1 ·
First let me thank Timecop for discovering this process. He started a
thread a long time ago that became just too long and confusing so hopefully this will help.

This method should work for most 1394/Firewire enabled tuners. It has been tested on the Mitsubishi Integrated TV's, SA3250HD, Motorola 620X (with firmware 7.10 or higher), and the Samsung T165. *Please list your tests and I will update* This method will not allow you to capture 5C encrypted content, *see below for details* This method captures the original Transport stream sent by your provider, so if it is sent with DD 5.1 then you will capture DD5.1. This method only works with Digital channels, analogue cable channels will not work.

This method does not allow you to transfer shows already recorded on your HD DVR
only live TV.

You will need some drivers. Follow the link and Download firestb.msi.

If the link is bad, PM me and I'll fix it.

First device drivers. There are more MCE specific items included in the package, if you are using using XP then you only need the driver. You may also want to play with the channel changing software, which works on both XP and MCE. There is now a beta Vista Driver as well.
http://home.comcast.net/~timmmoore/w...0Firewire.html

For drivers only, there is a driver package that is continually updated to support new STBs, and there are some differences in how the drivers are loaded. If you have issues install the firestb drivers, it can be used with firestb instead of the drivers included with its installer.
http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/stbfirewire/

There are a few pieces of software that I know of that can capture using these drivers, Capdvhs, DCTrecord and MCE using the included software.
http://www.yamabe.org/soft/CapDVHS0306e.zip
http://home.comcast.net/~brzez2/dctrecord.html

Now that you have everything you need.

Install firestb.msi, if you are using MCE, install the components you want. If you are running XP then at the very least install the "Firewire Drivers" component, you won't be able to double click on it, you will have to use a different command to skip the MCE required screen. Now you can just choose the driver.

Code:
Code:
MSIEXEC /i firestb.msi IDENT=0
Click continue anyway a the signed driver screen.

Plug in the 1394 cable.

Found new hardware wizard will come up.

Keep hitting cancel until you see "Tuner AV/C Device" or "Tuner AV/C Panel" as the hardware that was found. Install both like any other device.

Then Choose Install the software automatically (Recommended).

Click Next

Keep clicking Next.

Then click Finished.

Click cancel on any other devices that are automatically detected.

I would go back into Device manager and disable the other devices so windows doesn't keep looking for drivers on reboot.

Now open CAPDVHS and a device should be listed under capture device.

Under settings I have the following boxes checked.

Convert 188 bytes

Check PTS

Delete to SyncByte

I use .ts for all my file extensions and I left the file name format to the default.

Select the "Data Info." tab and hit the "Rec" Button.

You should see the info populated.

Hit stop and check your file.
Elecard works well for playback or Sasem OnAir Editor or VLC

or http://theatertek.com/

To play with zoomplayer check this thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=395039

**Now you change the channel via 1394 and use with MCE see the readme for complete directions.
http://www.thegreenbutton.com/commun...ssageID=104152

**Attention this is a recording thread. For playback issues please check out the home theater PC forum . **
For conversion help check out this guide.
http://replayguide.sourceforge.net/dct6412/index.html

The files captured from this process are the same as from most HD PC recording techniques and playback issues are the same. Please don't post in here asking how to get smooth playback. There are plenty of discussions in the correct area on that topic. Also please don't ask how to convert to DVD, or any other conversion question. There are plenty of thread dedicated to that topic also. This thread is already too long to read, and I appreciate everyone helping out by staying on topic.

**Added 5/26/04 **

To watch live HD without capturing first.

Open VLC v7.2 *might work with other versions.

Choose "File" > "Open Capture Device"

To the right of "Video device name" click "Refresh List" Then choose "Panasonic MPEG2TS Tape Sub" from the drop down.

Click "OK"

Just a word of advice if I hit "Configure" or "Advanced Options" It blue screens my computer.

This seems to be much more resource intensive than watching a captured file. My AMD 2600 works at ~83% if I don't resize or any other effect. Any effect drives it to 100%.

You can also setup a shortcut to run VLC with the parms for picking up the stream automatically.

Target:

"C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe" "dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Panasonic MPEG2TS Tape Subunit Device" :dshow-adev="" :dshow-size="" :no-dshow-config "

Start In:

"C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC"

*Thanks to E Jackson*

Troubleshooting

If you can't load the driver, go over the directions again and again, make sure you don't miss any steps. It does require you to force XP to accept the drivers.

If the driver is loaded but the files are 0bytes after recording. Then you may have the driver loaded improperly or your cable company may have copy protection(5C) enabled. Try a different channel or search the original thread for someone who lives near you to see if they are having the same problem. You may also be able to reboot the Tuner. It is impossible to record content marked copy once, because it is protected from multiple copies. Typically if your provider is encrypting, than the only channels you would be able to record are the channels that are also available over the air.

**Added 2/6/06**

Changed drivers to the above. Added channel chaning support.

**Added 3/18/05**

If you have XP SP2 and you can't get it to work see this post.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...13#post5315313

**Added 2/22/05**

If you have a Motorola 620x Check this post to see if that channel is 5C protected. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...86#post3855086

If you have a SA DVR with Passport
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...80#post4617480

If you have a SA DVR with SARA
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...67#post4613067

You may also have the wrong firmware version for the Motorola 620x, to check this.

To check firmware on Moto 6200:

Menu- Setup- Cable Box- See Configuration- one of the entries on that page is Firmware. * Thanks drbenson*

If you are using a Motorola 620X with an older firmware you may need to replace your Meitape.inf from the zip file with this one. Try the original one first.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~balaz...es/Meitape.inf

**Updated link to firestb.zip** 7/12/07

This is V.04 of this document please post corrections and suggestions.

See less See more
#5,727 ·
Tricks for getting firewire to work, for example setting both tuners to an analog channel, turn it off, set to analog channels again, press livetv, then capping.

Haven't tried the 15s skip, what button is that?

And you're confusing the symptoms of bad packets..

Anyhow, that doesn't really tell you how bad the steam is, because a small error can mess up a whole bunch of pictures. Mpeg has mechanisms to resync the stream after errors, every once in a while.

So put it this way, even if one byte is in the wrong place and somewhat often you would still get something that looks really messed up, when in fact it's 99% good.

I can only prove this by comparing good and bad packets of the same thing and see exactly how they changed.

Besides, I can tell that a few pictures come through every few seconds, I really only need 1 picture to come through to recover the whole thing perfectly - as long as I can use many passes to get a good picture in a different spot.

The fast forward motion I don't think means anything, it's just skipping over parts that it can't decode so it looks fast forward. You should realize that up to 15 pictures all rely on one picture, so if that first one picture was messed up, all 15 are messed up - in other words a very small damage can make playback look horrible. And a very small damage is easily fixable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_pictures

#5,728 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD33 /forum/post/20939288

I used to use capDVHS to transfer shows from my motorola DVR to my PC, but now I have direcTV

I still have basic cable included with my internet package from charter communications, so I want to use my hauppauge HVR-1250 to record shows from network channels.

Unfortunately the included software WinTV7 is quite bad, there are many errors in the recorded shows, and it seems VideoRedo TV suite can't even properly remove commercials and re encode the .ts file due to these errors

What program do people use to record shows with their hauppauge 1250?

Is there a newer/better program than VideoRedo TV Suite 4 to remove commercials?

Thanks in advance

Probably better to ask over on the HTPC forum, there are a number of threads there on the Hauppauge devices.

#5,730 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20951457

So I switched over to FiOS and have received a cisco 435HDC DVR. Has firewire, not sure if it's active or not. Any idea how I might be able to modify the INF file for installation to get it working?

Connect the FireWire to a Windows 7 or Vista machine. Go to the Start Menu and type "Device Manager" in the search box (without the quotes). This will bring up the Device Manager, where you'll be able to get the Hardware ID string.

In the Device Manager, find the entry for your FIOS device (it'll probably be listed under Unknown Devices or maybe Imaging Devices) and double-click on it. That'll bring up a Properties dialog. Go to the Details tab and use the drop-down listbox to select Hardware Id's

That'll display the needed info, which will look something like this:
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_5&ID_0

If you can get me that string, I can alter the .inf for you.

#5,731 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac698 /forum/post/20939453

Haven't tried the 15s skip, what button is that?

The 15 sec skip-back button is located at the top left of the remote (at least on the remotes that Comcast provides with Motorola DVR's). It is directly to the left of the "My DVR" button. It is labeled with a curved arrow pointing counter-clockwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac698 /forum/post/20939453

The fast forward motion I don't think means anything, it's just skipping over parts that it can't decode so it looks fast forward.

Okay, I agree that it could be possible to fix such screwed up captures...I'm skeptical about how many complete captures would need to be performed to get a complete proper copy. But it'd be cool if you can get it to work!

#5,733 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE
Thanks, will have a look at that. I also realized after I posted that cisco bought Scientific Atlanta, so it's probably one of their boxes in disguise?
Cisco bought them a while ago, so it may really be a Cisco box (but I imagine they retained a quite a few SA engineers).

#5,735 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20965615

This is what I'm getting, tried re-installing and still no luck. Running XPSP3.

Okay, you'll need to replace text in the firestb.inf file. On XP it can be found under C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\DRVSTORE\\firestb_(crazy long group of numbers and letters)\\
Note: It will only be located here if you used one of my .MSI installation packages to install the drivers. Otherwise you'll need to find it yourself.

This is a hidden folder, so you'll need to make sure that XP is displaying hidden files and folders.

You need to open the firestb.inf file and replace everything with the following text:

Code:
Code:
;
; Copyright (c) 2000-2001, Matsushita Electoric Industorial Co.,Ltd.
;
; 2007-05-15    Added Motorola DCT-3416 -ExDeus
; 2007-05-16    Added SciAtl Explorer 4250HD    -ExDeus
; 2007-06-04    Added Motorola QIP-6416 -ExDeus
; 2007-06-05    Added generic Sci Atl and Moto IDs      -ExDeus
; 2007-06-06    Added Pace box. Loaded AVCSTRM (avcstrm.sys) in all AV/C Tuner instances, in lieu of MEISTRM (meistrm.sys).     -ExDeus
; 2007-08-01    Added LG 50PX4DR HDTV DVR. Removed meistrm.sys from loading, though left it in the driver package.      -ExDeus
; 2007-08-04    Added DCH-6416 & DCH-3416.  -ExDeus
; 2007-08-07    Added SA "4300" as PnP identifier for 4250HD.   -ExDeus
; 2007-10-25    Added Moto DCH-3200.    -ExDeus
; 2007-11-20    Added NULL driver for Unknown IEEE1394 devices. Added driver version.   -ExDeus
; 2007-12-17    Added Samsung SMT-H3050.        -ExDeus
; 2008-07-23    Added Sci-Atl 8240 & 8240HD. Separated 8300 and 8301.       -ExDeus
; 2008-10-15    Added Motorola DCH-6200.        -ExDeus
; 2009-01-08    Corrected error preventing Samsung install.     -ExDeus
; 2009-02-25    Added SA 8540HD / Cisco RNG200  -ExDeus
; 2011-09-09    Added DCX-3400 / DCX-3400-M -TNO821
; 2011-09-18    Added Cisco 435HD -TNO821
;
[Version]
LayoutFile=Layout.inf, Layout1.inf, Layout2.inf
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=Image
ClassGUID={6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}
Provider=%MEI%
DriverVer=11/11/2003,1.00.130.1430

[ControlFlags]
; All PnP devices should be excluded from manual AddDevice Applet list
ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Manufacturer]
%Generic%=Generic
%Unknown%=Unknown
%Scientific-Atlanta%=Scientific-Atlanta
%Cisco%=Cisco
%Motorola%=Motorola
%Pace%=Pace
%LGE%=LGE
%Samsung%=Samsung

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=11               ; LDID_SYS
MEITUNER.DelDrivers=10,system
MEITUNER.CopyDrivers=10,system32\\drivers
MEITUNER.CopyCODEC=11

;---------------------------------------------------------------
;                        G E N E R I C
;
;                      AV/C Tuner Subunit

[Generic]
%AVC\\TYP_5.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.Generic,AVC\\TYP_5      ; Tuner

[MEITUNER.Generic]
Include=    ks.inf, kscaptur.inf
Needs=      KS.Registration,KSCAPTUR.Registration
AddReg=     MEITUNER.AddRegW9x,MEITUNER.AddReg,MEITUNER.PinNames,MEITUNER.PlugIns
UpdateInis= MEITUNER.UpdateIni
DelFiles=   MEITUNER.DelDrivers
CopyFiles=  MEITUNER.CopyDrivers, MEITUNER.CopyCODEC

[MEITUNER.Generic.NT]
Needs=      KS.Registration,KSCAPTUR.Registration.NT
AddReg=     MEITUNER.AddReg,MEITUNER.PinNames,MEITUNER.PlugIns
CopyFiles=  MEITUNER.CopyDrivers, MEITUNER.CopyCODEC

[MEITUNER.Generic.HW]
AddReg=MEITUNER_AddFilter_W9x
[MEITUNER.Generic.NT.HW]
AddReg=MEITUNER_AddFilter_NT

[MEITUNER.Generic.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.Generic.Interface2

[MEITUNER.Generic.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.Generic.Interface2

[MEITUNER.Generic.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.Generic.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.Generic.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,CLSID,,%ProxyVCap.CLSID%
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.Generic.Capture%
HKR,,Description,, %MEITUNER.Capture%
HKR,,DeviceClassGUID,,%TunerDeviceGUID%

[MEITUNER.Generic.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.Generic.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.Generic.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,CLSID,,%ProxyXBar.CLSID%
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.Generic.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.Generic.NT.Services]
AddService = MEITUNER,0x00000002,MEITUNER_ServiceInstall  ; 0x00000002 to indicate functional driver
;AddService = MEISTRM,,MEISTRM_ServiceInstall   ; Do not load MEI stream driver
AddService = AVCSTRM,,AVCSTRM_ServiceInstall    ; Instead, load Microsoft stream driver

;                        U N K N O W N
;
;                      IEEE 1394 Device

[Unknown]
%1394\\5068&10101.DeviceDesc%=NODRV,1394\\5068&10101            ; load NULL driver
%1394\\989&100.DeviceDesc%=NODRV,1394\\989&100                  ; load NULL driver

[NODRV]

[NODRV.Services]
;
; this is blank to just allow the install to succeed
;
AddService = , 0x00000002   ; null service install

;                S c i e n t i f i c  A t l a n t a
;

[Scientific-Atlanta]
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&TYP_5&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.SA,AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_9&ID_0

[MEITUNER.SA]
AddReg=     MEITUNER.AddRegW9x,MEITUNER.AddReg,MEITUNER.PinNames,MEITUNER.PlugIns
CopyFiles=  MEITUNER.CopyDrivers,MEITUNER.CopyCODEC

[MEITUNER.SA.NT]

[MEITUNER.SA.HW]
[MEITUNER.SA.NT.HW]

[MEITUNER.SA.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.SA.Interface2

[MEITUNER.SA.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.SA.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.SA.Interface2

[MEITUNER.SA.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.SA.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.SA.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.SA.Capture%

[MEITUNER.SA.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.SA.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.SA.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.SA.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.SA.NT.Services]
AddService = MEITUNER,0x00000002,MEITUNER_ServiceInstall  ; 0x00000002 to indicate functional driver
AddService = AVCSTRM,,AVCSTRM_ServiceInstall    ; Instead, load Microsoft stream driver

[MSPANEL.SA]
AddReg=     MEITUNER.AddRegW9x,MEITUNER.AddReg,MEITUNER.PlugIns

[MSPANEL.SA.NT]

[MSPANEL.SA.HW]
AddReg=MSPANEL_AddFilter_W9x
[MSPANEL.SA.NT.HW]
AddReg=MSPANEL_AddFilter_NT

[MSPANEL.SA.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.SA.Interface

[MSPANEL.SA.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.SA.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.SA.Interface

[MSPANEL.SA.Interface]
AddReg=MSPANEL.SA.Intf.AddReg

[MSPANEL.SA.Intf.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MSPANEL.SA.Capture%
HKR,,Description,, %MSPANEL.Capture%

[MSPANEL.SA.NT.Services]
AddService = MSPANEL,0x00000002,MSPANEL_ServiceInstall  ; 0x00000002 to indicate functional driver
AddService = AVCSTRM,,AVCSTRM_ServiceInstall

;                       M o t o r o l a
;

[Motorola]
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-XXXX&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-XXXX&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-XXXX&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&dct-XXXX&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_9&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6200&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&dct-6200&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6208&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6208&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6208&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&dct-6208&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6412&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6412&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6412&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&dct-6412&TYP_9&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6416&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\Motorola&dct-6416&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_9&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_9&ID_0

[MEITUNER.MOTO]

[MEITUNER.MOTO.NT]

[MEITUNER.MOTO.HW]
[MEITUNER.MOTO.NT.HW]

[MEITUNER.MOTO.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface2

[MEITUNER.MOTO.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface2

[MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.MOTO.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.MOTO.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.MOTO.Capture%
HKR,Capabilities,"{BB4FAA02-596C-4129-8FB3-74E75421FA02}",0x00010001,1

[MEITUNER.MOTO.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.MOTO.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.MOTO.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.MOTO.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.MOTO.NT.Services]

[MSPANEL.MOTO]

[MSPANEL.MOTO.NT]

[MSPANEL.MOTO.HW]
[MSPANEL.MOTO.NT.HW]

[MSPANEL.MOTO.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface

[MSPANEL.MOTO.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface

[MSPANEL.MOTO.Interface]
AddReg=MSPANEL.MOTO.Intf.AddReg

[MSPANEL.MOTO.Intf.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MSPANEL.MOTO.Capture%

[MSPANEL.MOTO.NT.Services]
AddService = MSPANEL,0x00000002,MSPANEL_ServiceInstall  ; 0x00000002 to indicate functional driver

;                           P a c e
;

[Pace]
%AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.PACE,AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.PACE,AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_5&id_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.PACE,AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_5&id_0
%AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_9&id_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.PACE,AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_9&id_0

[MEITUNER.PACE]

[MEITUNER.PACE.NT]

[MEITUNER.PACE.HW]
[MEITUNER.PACE.NT.HW]

[MEITUNER.PACE.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.PACE.Interface2

[MEITUNER.PACE.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.PACE.Interface2

[MEITUNER.PACE.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.PACE.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.PACE.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.PACE.Capture%

[MEITUNER.PACE.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.PACE.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.PACE.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.PACE.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.PACE.NT.Services]

[MSPANEL.PACE]

[MSPANEL.PACE.NT]

[MSPANEL.PACE.HW]
[MSPANEL.PACE.NT.HW]

[MSPANEL.PACE.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.PACE.Interface

[MSPANEL.PACE.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.PACE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.PACE.Interface

[MSPANEL.PACE.Interface]
AddReg=MSPANEL.PACE.Intf.AddReg

[MSPANEL.PACE.Intf.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MSPANEL.PACE.Capture%

[MSPANEL.PACE.NT.Services]

;                        LG Electronics
;

[LGE]
%AVC\\LGE&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.LGE,AVC\\LGE&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\LGE&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.LGE,AVC\\LGE&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.LGE,AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.LGE,AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_9&ID_0

[MEITUNER.LGE]

[MEITUNER.LGE.NT]

[MEITUNER.LGE.HW]
[MEITUNER.LGE.NT.HW]

[MEITUNER.LGE.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.LGE.Interface2

[MEITUNER.LGE.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.LGE.Interface2

[MEITUNER.LGE.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.LGE.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.LGE.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.LGE.Capture%

[MEITUNER.LGE.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.LGE.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.LGE.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.LGE.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.LGE.NT.Services]

[MSPANEL.LGE]

[MSPANEL.LGE.NT]

[MSPANEL.LGE.HW]
[MSPANEL.LGE.NT.HW]

[MSPANEL.LGE.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.LGE.Interface

[MSPANEL.LGE.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.LGE.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.LGE.Interface

[MSPANEL.LGE.Interface]
AddReg=MSPANEL.LGE.Intf.AddReg

[MSPANEL.LGE.Intf.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MSPANEL.LGE.Capture%

[MSPANEL.LGE.NT.Services]

;                        S a m s u n g
;

[Samsung]
%AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SAM,AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SAM,AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_9&ID_0

%AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SAM,AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.SAM,AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_9&ID_0

[MEITUNER.SAM]

[MEITUNER.SAM.NT]

[MEITUNER.SAM.HW]
[MEITUNER.SAM.NT.HW]

[MEITUNER.SAM.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.SAM.Interface2

[MEITUNER.SAM.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1
;AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR%,GLOBAL,  MEITUNER.SAM.Interface2

[MEITUNER.SAM.Interface1]
AddReg=MEITUNER.SAM.Intf.AddReg1

[MEITUNER.SAM.Intf.AddReg1]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.SAM.Capture%

[MEITUNER.SAM.Interface2]
AddReg=MEITUNER.SAM.Intf.AddReg2

[MEITUNER.SAM.Intf.AddReg2]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MEITUNER.SAM.Crossbar%

[MEITUNER.SAM.NT.Services]

[MSPANEL.SAM]

[MSPANEL.SAM.NT]

[MSPANEL.SAM.HW]
[MSPANEL.SAM.NT.HW]

[MSPANEL.SAM.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.SAM.Interface

[MSPANEL.SAM.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_VIDEO%,GLOBAL,     MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,   MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,GLOBAL,    MSPANEL.SAM.Interface
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT%,GLOBAL,MSPANEL.SAM.Interface

[MSPANEL.SAM.Interface]
AddReg=MSPANEL.SAM.Intf.AddReg

[MSPANEL.SAM.Intf.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%MSPANEL.SAM.Capture%

[MSPANEL.SAM.NT.Services]

;                C o m m o n     S e c t i o n s

[MEITUNER.AddRegW9x]
; Win9X use NTKERN but Win2000 use the .Service section to load driver
HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,MeiSTB.sys

[MEITUNER.AddReg]
HKR,,OkToHibernate,3,01
HKR,,HardwareConfig,1,1
HKR,,USDClass,,"{0527d1d0-88c2-11d2-82c7-00c04f8ec183}"

[MEITUNER.PinNames]
; MPEG2TS pin name
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\\%GUID.MPEG2TSOutput%,Name,,%Pin.MPEG2TSOutput%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\\%GUID.MPEG2TSOutput%,Display,1,00,00,00,00

HKLM,%MediaCategories%\\%GUID.MPEG2TSInput%,Name,,%Pin.MPEG2TSInput%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\\%GUID.MPEG2TSInput%,Display,1,00,00,00,00

[MEITUNER.PlugIns]

;IAMExtDevice
HKCR,CLSID\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814},,,%PlugIn_IAMExtDevice%
HKCR,CLSID\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814}\\InprocServer32,,,kswdmcap.ax
HKCR,CLSID\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814}\\InprocServer32,ThreadingModel,,Both
; This IID is aggregated for the filter given the CLSID of the property set
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaInterfaces\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814},,,%PlugIn_IAMExtDevice%
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaInterfaces\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814},IID,1,90,0A,73,B5,2C,1A,cf,11,8C,23,00,AA,00,6B,68,14

;IAMExtTransport
HKCR,CLSID\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814},,,%PlugIn_IAMExtTransport%
HKCR,CLSID\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814}\\InprocServer32,,,kswdmcap.ax
HKCR,CLSID\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814}\\InprocServer32,ThreadingModel,,Both
; This IID is aggregated for the filter given the CLSID of the property set
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaInterfaces\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814},,,%PlugIn_IAMExtTransport%
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaInterfaces\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814},IID,1,F0,D5,3C,A0,45,30,cf,11,8C,44,00,AA,00,6B,68,14

;
; Property Pages
;

; TunerControl Property Page
HKCR,CLSID\\{81e9dd62-78d5-11d2-b47e-006097b3391b},,,%PropPage_TunerControl%
HKCR,CLSID\\{81e9dd62-78d5-11d2-b47e-006097b3391b}\\InprocServer32,,,kswdmcap.ax
HKCR,CLSID\\{81e9dd62-78d5-11d2-b47e-006097b3391b}\\InprocServer32,ThreadingModel,,Both
;
; Associate the property set with the above property page
;
; IAMExtDevice and IAMExttransport
; all use the same property pages.
;
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaSets\\{B5730A90-1A2C-11cf-8C23-00AA006B6814}\\PropertyPages\\{81e9dd62-78d5-11d2-b47e-006097b3391b},,,%PropPage_TunerControl%
HKLM,System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaSets\\{A03CD5F0-3045-11cf-8C44-00AA006B6814}\\PropertyPages\\{81e9dd62-78d5-11d2-b47e-006097b3391b},,,%PropPage_TunerControl%

[MEITUNER.UpdateIni]
system.ini, drivers32,,"VIDC.UYVY=msyuv.dll"

[MEITUNER.DelDrivers]
ks.sys,,,1
stream.sys,,,1
meistb.sys,,,1
;meistrm.sys,,,1
mstapeo.sys,,,1

[MEITUNER.CopyDrivers]
meistb.sys
stream.sys
;meistrm.sys    ; Removed from loading. -ExDeus 2007-08-01
mstapeo.sys
avcstrm.sys

[MEITUNER.CopyCODEC]
msyuv.dll

[MEITUNER_AddFilter_W9x]
;HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"meistrm.sys"  ; Win9X use this "meistrm.sys" as the driver name ?
HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"avcstrm.sys"  ; Win9X use this "avcstrm.sys" as the driver name ?
[MEITUNER_AddFilter_NT]
;HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"MEISTRM"     ; NT use this "MEISTRM" as Service name
HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"AVCSTRM"      ; NT use this "AVCSTRM" as Service name
[MSPANEL_AddFilter_W9x]
HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"avcstrm.sys"  ; Win9X use this "avcstrm.sys" as the driver name ?
[MSPANEL_AddFilter_NT]
HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010000,"AVCSTRM"      ; NT use this "AVCSTRM" as Service name

[MEITUNER_ServiceInstall]
; same service section
DisplayName   = %MEITUNER.Capture%
ServiceType   = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%
StartType     = %SERVICE_DEMAND_START%
ErrorControl  = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%
ServiceBinary = %12%\\meistb.sys
;Dependencies  = MEISTRM                       ; loaded before MeiTuner does!
Dependencies  = AVCSTRM                       ; loaded before MeiTuner does!

[MEISTRM_ServiceInstall]
; same service section for the lower filter driver
DisplayName   = %MEISTRM.FILTER%
ServiceBinary = %12%\\meistrm.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Pnp Filter

[MSPANEL_ServiceInstall]
; same service section
DisplayName   = %MSPANEL.Capture%
ServiceBinary = %12%\\mstapeo.sys
Dependencies  = AVCSTRM                       ; loaded before MeiTape does!

[AVCSTRM_ServiceInstall]
; same service section for the lower filter driver
DisplayName   = %AVCSTRM.FILTER%
ServiceBinary = %12%\\avcstrm.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Pnp Filter

[Strings]

;----------------
; Non-Localizable
;----------------

; note: only register value is case sensitive, key is not.
ProxyVCap.CLSID="{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}"
ProxyXBar.CLSID="{71F96460-78F3-11d0-A18C-00A0C9118956}"
MediaCategories="System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaCategories"
GUID.MPEG2TSOutput="{2CFF7B83-96F1-47e3-98EC-57BD8A997215}"
GUID.MPEG2TSInput= "{CF4C59A3-ACE3-444b-8C37-0B22661A4A29}"

KSCATEGORY_VIDEO=     "{6994AD05-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE=   "{65E8773D-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_RENDER=    "{65E8773E-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_RENDER_EXT="{cc7bfb41-f175-11d1-a392-00e0291f3959}"
KSCATEGORY_CROSSBAR=  "{a799a801-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}"

Pin.MPEG2TSOutput="MPEG2TS Out(188N/192N)"
Pin.MPEG2TSInput="MPEG2TS In(192N)"

SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER=1
; PnP should use demand start
SERVICE_DEMAND_START=3
SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL=1

MEITUNER.Capture="FireBus MPEG2TS Tuner Subunit Device"
MEISTRM.FILTER="MEI AVC Streaming Filter Driver" 
MSPANEL.Capture="AVC Panel Device"
AVCSTRM.FILTER="AVC Streaming Filter Driver" 

; Do not Localize
TunerDeviceGUID="{0BCE2396-A006-4237-A7D5-6155264D35F0}"

;----------------
; Localizable
;----------------

MEI="Matsushita Electronic Industrial"
Generic="Generic"
Scientific-Atlanta="Scientific-Atlanta"
Cisco="Cisco"
Motorola="Motorola"
Pace="Pace"
LGE="LG Electronics"
Samsung="Samsung"
;
; Filter friendly name (not localize) and description (should be localized)
;
MEITUNER.Generic.Capture= "Digital AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.Generic.Crossbar="Digital AV/C Crossbar Device"
MEITUNER.SA.Capture=      "Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.SA.Crossbar=     "Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Crossbar Device"
MEITUNER.MOTO.Capture=    "Motorola AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.MOTO.Crossbar=   "Motorola AV/C Crossbar Device"
MEITUNER.PACE.Capture=    "Pace AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.PACE.Crossbar=   "Pace AV/C Crossbar Device"
MEITUNER.LGE.Capture=     "LG AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.LGE.Crossbar=    "LG AV/C Crossbar Device"
MEITUNER.SAM.Capture=     "Samsung AV/C Tuner Device"
MEITUNER.SAM.Crossbar=    "Samsung AV/C Crossbar Device"
MSPANEL.SA.Capture=       "Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device"
MSPANEL.MOTO.Capture=     "Motorola AV/C Panel Device"
MSPANEL.PACE.Capture=     "Pace AV/C Panel Device"
MSPANEL.LGE.Capture=      "LG AV/C Panel Device"
MSPANEL.SAM.Capture=      "Samsung AV/C Panel Device"
;
; Device description
;

AVC\\TYP_5.DeviceDesc="AV/C Tuner Device"

1394\\5068&10101.DeviceDesc="Unknown IEEE 1394\\5068 Device"
1394\\989&100.DeviceDesc="Unknown IEEE 1394\\989 Device"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Cisco AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 435HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_435&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Cisco AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 435HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 3250HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_3250HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 3250HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 4200HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4200HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 4200HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 4250HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4250HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 4250HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 4300HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_4300&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 4300HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8000HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8000HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8000HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8240)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8240)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8240HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8240HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8240HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8300HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8300HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8300HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301HD&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8300HD)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8301HD&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8300HD)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Tuner Device (Explorer 8540)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Scientific-Atlanta AV/C Panel Device (Explorer 8540)"

AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Cisco AV/C Tuner Device (RNG200)"
AVC\\Scientific-Atlanta__Inc.&EXPLORER(R)_8540&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Cisco AV/C Panel Device (RNG200)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-XXXX&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-XXXX)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-XXXX&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-XXXX)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCX-3400)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCX-34xx&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCX-3400)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCH-3200)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCH-3200)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCH-3416)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-3416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCH-3416)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-3412)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3412&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-3412)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-3416)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-3416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-3416)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCH-6200)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCH-6200)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-6200)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-6200)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (QIP-6200)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6200&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (QIP-6200)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6208&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-6208)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6208&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-6208)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCH-6416)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCH-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCH-6416)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6412&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-6412)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6412&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-6412)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (DCT-6416)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&DCT-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (DCT-6416)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (QIP-6416)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&QIP-6416&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (QIP-6416)"

AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (BMC9012)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&9012&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (BMC9012)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (BMC9022)"
AVC\\MOTOROLA&9022&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (BMC9022)"

AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&typ_5&id_0.DeviceDesc="Pace AV/C Tuner Device"
AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&typ_9&id_0.DeviceDesc="Pace AV/C Panel Device"

AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_5&id_0.DeviceDesc="Pace AV/C Tuner Device (Laguna)"
AVC\\pace_micro_technology_(plc)&laguna&typ_9&id_0.DeviceDesc="Pace AV/C Panel Device (Laguna)"

AVC\\LGE&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="LG AV/C Tuner Device"
AVC\\LGE&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="LG AV/C Panel Device"
AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="LG AV/C Tuner Device (50PX4DR-UA)"
AVC\\LGE&50PX4DR-UA&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="LG AV/C Panel Device (50PX4DR-UA)"

AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Samsung AV/C Tuner Device"
AVC\\SAMSUNG&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Samsung AV/C Panel Device"

AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Samsung AV/C Tuner Device (SMT-H3050)"
AVC\\SAMSUNG&SMT-H3050&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Samsung AV/C Panel Device (SMT-H3050)"

;
; PlugIns descrioption
;
PlugIn_IAMExtDevice="WDM Streaming IAMExtDevice Interface Handler"
PlugIn_IAMExtTransport="WDM Streaming IAMExtTransport Interface Handler"
PropPage_TunerControl="Tuner Subunit Device Control Property Page"
After you've saved the file, plug the FireWire cable in and it should Plug-and-Play detect the DVR and install everything.

#5,736 ·
Thanks for putting that together, it did install but no joy getting CapDVHS working. Tried it on both my HTPC and laptop, same result. Going to have to try and see if I can find a diagnostics page on the DVR to make sure the port is really live and if there is a 5C flag set or not.

#5,737 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20974789

Thanks for putting that together, it did install but no joy getting CapDVHS working. Tried it on both my HTPC and laptop, same result. Going to have to try and see if I can find a diagnostics page on the DVR to make sure the port is really live and if there is a 5C flag set or not.

What was the exact behavior? Does Device Manager and CapDVHS show the "Cisco 435" name that I assigned the unit?

If you want to be guaranteed of avoiding 5c, tune to one of the Over-The-Air networks. PBS will always be set to Copy-Freely, as should NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox.

You may also need to power-cycle your cable box in order to revive the FireWire. Once something deep-sixes the FireWire, the only thing that can shake it out of it's stupor is to power-cycle it (leave it unplugged for at least a couple of minutes).

Also, it is only required by law to capture live television, not the DVR recordings that you play back. Motorola DVR's are generous, in that they allow capturing from live television and DVR recordings (except for the horrible DCX units). So make sure that you're capturing from the live feed.

#5,738 ·
Device manager shows it as the cisco 435, CapDVHS shows it as Scientific Atlanta tuner device. I tried running a new instance of CapDVHS in case it was using some old settings, but nothing changed there.

The error I get is a Microsoft 80070570 "can't start capture". Was definitely trying an OTA channel, live not recorded. I did try a hard restart of the DVR, no change.

I think I need to try and get that diagnostic screen so I can see if the DVR even thinks the port is enabled.

#5,739 ·
I used to live in Montrose, MI which was serviced by Charter out of Saginaw. For the longest time I had a Moto DCH3416 and it worked great. Eventually it was replaced with a DCX3425 and I had all the issues that everybody else had with the firewire (fast forwarding, etc.)

I moved to Lansing a few months ago and signed up for Comcast Digital Starter + HD Receiver. Even though it's only a receiver, I requested a DCH3200 because of the problems I had with my DCX DVR. Well the Comcast guy just arrived with a DCX3200-M (receiver only, not DVR). It is still downloading guide data at the moment, but I will definitely be testing out the firewire recording on this later today and posting it here.

Edit: It works!

I initially tried recording from ESPN but found it's 5C encrypted. Tried the unencrypted FSN Detroit channel and it worked beautifully.

http://www.mediafire.com/?26i3sws0g1o1f3l

^ 115 MB download of 3 minute 8 seconds 720p recording, compressed to H.264

#5,740 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textbook /forum/post/20984536

I moved to Lansing a few months ago and signed up for Comcast Digital Starter + HD Receiver. Even though it's only a receiver, I requested a DCH3200 because of the problems I had with my DCX DVR. Well the Comcast guy just arrived with a DCX3200-M (receiver only, not DVR). It is still downloading guide data at the moment, but I will definitely be testing out the firewire recording on this later today and posting it here.

Edit: It works!

I initially tried recording from ESPN but found it's 5C encrypted. Tried the unencrypted FSN Detroit channel and it worked beautifully.

Yeah, the DCX boxes can all capture via FireWire as long as it's from the live tuner. Any DVR playback (or even a couple of 15-sec skip backs) will cause the fast-forward stuttering.

I'm surprised that Comcast is setting the 5c protection on ESPN...the only channels in my area that are protected are premium movie channels and On-Demand (though, to be fair, I've never tried to record from ESPN...maybe I will later today).

#5,741 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20979875

Device manager shows it as the cisco 435, CapDVHS shows it as Scientific Atlanta tuner device. I tried running a new instance of CapDVHS in case it was using some old settings, but nothing changed there.

The error I get is a Microsoft 80070570 "can't start capture". Was definitely trying an OTA channel, live not recorded. I did try a hard restart of the DVR, no change.

I think I need to try and get that diagnostic screen so I can see if the DVR even thinks the port is enabled.

Yeah, do make sure that the port is enabled (it would be illegal for it to be disabled unless your cable company is really small and got an FCC waiver). But if that cable box is anything like the Motorola's, the diagnostic screen will show both "Enabled" and "Active"...Enabled should be true, but Active will not be (because the cable box is not, at that very moment in time, actively outputting anything via FireWire). It's a bit silly because, as far as I know, the only way to get to the Motorola diagnostic screen is to put the cable box into Standby Mode and then hit Enter...so it would be impossible for "Active" to ever be true. But maybe there's some other way to access it.

As for the FireWire error message reported by CapDVHS...you should try hooking the computer's FireWire to another device. Maybe you have a camera or something that you could test it with. You just want to see if *any* FireWire stuff is working with your computer. Ideally you should try reinstalling Windows. Vista is known to work without having to mess with anything...just make sure it's 32-bit and not 64-bit. If you try Windows 7, you must go into Device Manager and switch the FireWire driver to the "Legacy FireWire" driver first. If you reinstall Windows XP, it would be a good idea to install XP with SP1 or the gold release...SP2 and SP3 have some issues with FireWire that can sometimes cause capture problems.

Also, you should try capturing from an SD OTA channel just to see if *anything* can be captured.

#5,742 ·
Something else I should mention. When you perform a hard reset to fix goofed-up FireWire, you must do it for both the cable box AND the computer. They both need to be brought out of their stupor.

That said, it's sounding like the FireWire on your computer (the software and drivers) is goofing things up, or the FireWire on the Cisco 435 is goofed up...the goal is to try and narrow in on it.

I don't suppose you have a D-VHS VCR that you can try hooking to the Cisco 435?

#5,743 ·
I had been successfully using this HTPC with my Comcast DVR for over 5 years, maybe you didn't recognize me from my previous posts in this thread.
So I know it works OK with firewire. My other suspicion is this is both new hardware and a new version of the FiOS guide software, so it's also possible it's just broken and they need to fix it. Comcast/Motorola used to regularly break their firewire functionality as we all know.

I might try installing Windows 7, but right now I don't think that's the issue.

#5,744 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO821 /forum/post/20985591

Yeah, do make sure that the port is enabled (it would be illegal for it to be disabled unless your cable company is really small and got an FCC waiver). But if that cable box is anything like the Motorola's, the diagnostic screen will show both "Enabled" and "Active"...Enabled should be true, but Active will not be (because the cable box is not, at that very moment in time, actively outputting anything via FireWire). It's a bit silly because, as far as I know, the only way to get to the Motorola diagnostic screen is to put the cable box into Standby Mode and then hit Enter...so it would be impossible for "Active" to ever be true. But maybe there's some other way to access it.

Well, my Sharp outputs thru fw while powered off.

#5,746 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20987042

I had been successfully using this HTPC with my Comcast DVR for over 5 years, maybe you didn't recognize me from my previous posts in this thread.
So I know it works OK with firewire.

Oh, I certainly recognize you. I've just been quickly skimming posts this past week and half or so, thus I didn't get all the backstory etc. Looking again at some of your recent posts, I agree that all indications are that the Cisco DVR's FireWire is to blame. Is Cisco/SA the only game in town?

#5,747 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO821 /forum/post/20988166

How the crap does that work? That's some newfangled definition of "off" or "standby" if you ask me

Well, the setup OSD has an area devoted to IEEE1394 and it allows you to enable/disable firewire transport stream functionality while the main display is powered down. Basically is supports independent power states for the Monitor and Tuner/Conditional Access subunits.

This is to allow the TV to function as a firwire repeater node and not disrupt the firewire network while in standby.

This obviously draws more power while off, but allows me to set the channel the night before and my mac can still record something unattended during the day using an app simlar to CapDVHS.

#5,748 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO821 /forum/post/20988175

Oh, I certainly recognize you. I've just been quickly skimming posts this past week and half or so, thus I didn't get all the backstory etc. Looking again at some of your recent posts, I agree that all indications are that the Cisco DVR's FireWire is to blame. Is Cisco/SA the only game in town?

I'm new to FiOS but it seems they're in process of switching from Motorola to cisco. I suppose I could try and get them to swap out for an older Moto box, not sure if it's possible or worth the effort. Or I could go to a Tivo, they aren't too expensive these days. Or get one of the Hauppauge devices, all be it with the associated quality degradation.

I knew this was a risk when I changed providers, oh well.

#5,749 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE /forum/post/20989458

I'm new to FiOS but it seems they're in process of switching from Motorola to cisco. I suppose I could try and get them to swap out for an older Moto box, not sure if it's possible or worth the effort. Or I could go to a Tivo, they aren't too expensive these days. Or get one of the Hauppauge devices, all be it with the associated quality degradation.

I knew this was a risk when I changed providers, oh well.

I'd certainly try to get a Moto (non DCX) box, if possible. Tivo would also be good, as you can transfer recordings to a computer, as long as they aren't 5c Copy-Never or Copy-Once.

I do like the Hauppauge devices but, never minding the slight quality loss, they are imperfect...sometimes the framerate appears to cut down to 5-10 fps (maybe the hard drive is being overwhelmed somehow)...when it happens it usually only lasts maybe 15-20 seconds at a time. And it doesn't happen too often, but it does occur and is really annoying.

#5,750 ·
I've got a Motorola DCH3416 HD DVR from Comcast that I'm trying to get video off of. I grabbed the latest package of STB Firewire drivers and installed them on a machine running Windows XP SP3. The installation went fine: the computer recognized my DVR, CapDVHS was able to record from it, and I'm even able to watch the stream without much trouble in Media Player Classic. The problem is when I want to edit the video.

First I tried loading the .ts file into Mpg2Cut2 to remove the commercials. (Disclaimer: This is the first time I've used this program.) Right away it informed me that the file format was "not fully supported," and that there wasn't a keyframe header at the beginning of the file. I wasn't surprised that the footage started in the middle of a GOP—since the odds are good I didn't hit the Record button at precisely the right time—but I was a bit concerned at the first message because I'd heard this was one of the best programs for this sort of task. At any rate, the video loaded, I made my cuts, and saved a new .ts file with no commercials.

The next thing I wanted to do was demultiplex the stream so I could deinterlace and process the video before reinserting the audio program. So I fired up ProjectX, pointed it at my edited file, and hit the QuickStart button so it would demux. Then everything started going wrong. ProjectX happily chugged its way through the file, informing me that it was dropping every single GOP it encountered and giving an error code of 24. Needless to say, I couldn't go any further, so I decided to take a step back.

I took the original .ts file I'd recorded and fed that to ProjectX, removing the variable of editing in Mpg2Cut2. Unfortunately I ran into the exact same issue; ProjectX couldn't find a single GOP it liked. At this point I'm assuming that I've got a setting wrong in either ProjectX or CapDVHS, but I don't know enough of the technical details to know what to change. Any ideas?

#5,751 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Morford /forum/post/21014697

First I tried loading the .ts file into Mpg2Cut2 to remove the commercials. (Disclaimer: This is the first time I've used this program.) Right away it informed me that the file format was "not fully supported," and that there wasn't a keyframe header at the beginning of the file. I wasn't surprised that the footage started in the middle of a GOP—since the odds are good I didn't hit the Record button at precisely the right time—but I was a bit concerned at the first message because I'd heard this was one of the best programs for this sort of task.

That message always appears. Mpg2Cut2 is okay, but I wouldn't come anywhere near calling it the best; it's nothing compared to VideoReDo (of course VideoReDo isn't free).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Morford /forum/post/21014697

The next thing I wanted to do was demultiplex the stream so I could deinterlace and process the video before reinserting the audio program. So I fired up ProjectX, pointed it at my edited file, and hit the QuickStart button so it would demux. Then everything started going wrong.

I took the original .ts file I'd recorded and fed that to ProjectX, removing the variable of editing in Mpg2Cut2. Unfortunately I ran into the exact same issue; ProjectX couldn't find a single GOP it liked. At this point I'm assuming that I've got a setting wrong in either ProjectX or CapDVHS, but I don't know enough of the technical details to know what to change. Any ideas?

I'm going to point the finger at ProjectX. CapDVHS is super solid, so I see no way in which it could be at fault.

You should download the trial version of VideoReDo and see if it likes the file. That'll let you know if the capture was good and would point a finger at ProjectX if everything works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.