AVS Forum banner

Pioneer DV-400V Owners Thread

409K views 1K replies 347 participants last post by  John McMartin 
#1 ·
I purchased a DV-400V from Best Buy yesterday. I was shopping for a DVD player that featured USB flash drive support and was capable of playing AVI files encoded with the Xvid codec. Based upon that criteria, the DV-400V was an excellent fit.

I tested AVI playback using DVD+R DL media and a 16GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 drive. So far it has played every AVI file that I have thrown at it, including those using external subtitle files.

Interestingly enough, although Pioneer makes no mention of this in their specifications, I was able to successfully play a multi-region PAL DVD. The DV-400V itself is region locked.

One quirk that I discovered is that my unit appears to suffer from video clock jitter. When connected to my Samsung SPN4235X/XAA EDTV plasma and set to 1080i output, the horizontal and vertical sync signals fluctuate sufficiently to cause a band of distortion along the right side of the display. The Samsung reported frequencies alternating between 33.76 kHz H / 60.08 Hz V and 33.84 kHz H / 60.22 Hz V.

My Westinghouse LVM-42W2 HDTV LCD did not appear to be affected by the clock jitter and was able to display all signals, including 1080p, without distortion.

See less See more
#1,132 ·
I just bought this DVD player and im very interested in playing DivX or avi via USB. I have a lacie 100 gb HD laptop i tried a few files at first and I answer using the format of the fat 32 himself, still nothing. i then powered externally through the USB power connection and other pioneer then showed me the root menu i tried a few divx and played, but the problem is to show a little choppy, and missing frames. I tried to file a long time at about 400 mb and another at 700 mb.

#1,136 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeedles /forum/post/21036356

I am just wondering if it is possible for my DV-400v that already plays PAL will be able to play NTSC?

Yes your player will be able to play a NTSC disc, how ever you also need a TV that is caple to recive a NTSC signal or the picture will be in black&white.

If you by "able to play NTSC" mean that you want to look at a region 1 disc. Then it depends on if your player is mukltiregional or not.

If your in Australia you player should be multiregional when you buy it, this is due to import/export laws of Australia.

If you player is not multiregional you need to install the modified firmware that you find over at www.pioneerfaq.info

#1,137 ·
Hello,

my tv is a loewe lcd tv (no hd)

i connected my toshiba external hard drive (has usb 3.0 port) to the dvd player, nothing happened, just the pink pioneer-logo kept moving the same way as before i connected it. It has mostly mkv files on it, but also divx-files, who (as i searched) should be able to be played by the dv 400v.

Also, i burned an mkv file to a dvd via aimersoft dvd creator, when i put it in the dvd player, the menu showed good, the song was good quality, but when i played the actual movie, the sound was really, really (really) bad, like talking robots...

when i

Can anyone provide a cause for these problems and a solution if possible?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.