AVS Forum banner

Fort Wayne, IN - HDTV

522K views 4K replies 219 participants last post by  KyL416 
#1 ·
As of today June, 11 Ft,Wayne has Digital 36 Fox . The omni directional antenna is mounted 200 feet off the ground with 100 watts running to the antenna. I am located 8 miles from the tower and only once did the signal lock on for 3 minutes. NBC digital 19 is on and the panel antenna is side mounted to the tower at 400 feet above ground level with 500 watts running to the antenna. I can lock on to this signal and do see some break ups every few minutes. Pbs digital 40-1 40-2 is on and thier new antenna is mounted at the top of 700 ft tower. HDTV is only on 40-1 PBS. TBN digital 12 is located 26 miles North East of here and is viewable. Of course a Highband VHF antenna is aimed only at this station. I was told by the Chief Engr. at WISE TV digital 19 that a new rulling is coming down that to have a total digital tv market and analog shut off forever, Eighty percent of the market must have digital receivers. hOW IN THE hell ARE THESE idiots GOING TO KEEP A COUNT? Analog tv is here for quite sometime and this area for Digital conversion is making me sick.

#4,056 ·
Part of me wants to vomit: other part of me says this brings back memories from years ago.

As you can tell, since it happened again during the Colts game, it wasn't political when it happened during Face the Nation.

We had not 1 but 2 devices partially fail during Face the Nation. Sadly by the time it took me to drive in during Face the Nation it cleared itself up and I couldn't find it. As luck would have it, I stayed at the station until the Colts kicked off and headed for home and made it 10 minutes from the station and it popped off again.

We found the intial problem quickly and bypassed it but didin't find problem number 2 until we replaced problem 1.

We think we have it whipped right now. Sorry the game looked awful in spots (and that isn't referencing the Colts in any way!)

#4,058 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevsprunger /forum/post/21008408

Shouldn't 15.2 have had a new programming planned before they pulled the plug on cool-tv for advertising sake? is anything even lined up and set in stone?

The contract might have not allowed it. If the contract with CoolTV expired, then they would be required to yank it, even if the replacement service isn't ready to go yet.

#4,061 ·
3 changes seen 10/13/11 at 4:21pm ET (v12)

Channels Now Available

5276 WEVVD (45 HD Local) EVANSVILLE, IN (FOX) 77° TP 30 HD Evansville, IN market Hidden – AVAILABLE

7370 WEVVD (45 Local) EVANSVILLE, IN (FOX) 110° 25s14 (NW Tennessee) SD Evansville, IN market Hidden – AVAILABLE

7439 WISED (56 Local) FORT WAYNE, IN (FOX) 110° 20s13 (South Michigan) SD Fort Wayne, IN market Hidden – AVAILABLE

#4,065 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mbenner /forum/post/21082057

I know I'll be the only one on the board saying it, but man do I miss The Cool TV. They had a random mix of music that you can't find on the radio, and I don't have a computer out near the kitchen to listen to online streams.

Do we have any idea yet when something might be on 15-2?

Maybe they're trying to sell it to Granite?

#4,068 ·
anyone else have problems with MyFox last night during the World Series Saturday night? My signal had intermittent dropouts all throughout the game. The only lasted a split-second, but it was annoying to say the least. I switched between antenna and satellite, but the problem was there on both sides.

#4,069 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleyhank /forum/post/21115243

anyone else have problems with MyFox last night during the World Series Saturday night? My signal had intermittent dropouts all throughout the game. The only lasted a split-second, but it was annoying to say the least. I switched between antenna and satellite, but the problem was there on both sides.

Seeing it right now during FOX NFL Sunday. Can't believe its gone on that long without someone noticing it and fixing it. I'll send a message here to the engineer and see if we hear from him.

#4,072 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleyhank /forum/post/21122015

trying to watch the World Series on My Fox is just painful. The signal is not as good as it used to be when it was on channel 55. It kind of passes for HD, but not very good HD. If I look close enough, it looks just a little fuzzy. Certainly not clear HD!!!

Dual HD does not look good at all. Is it both channels (NBC & Fox),or just one of them (NBC or Fox)? in Chicago WLS-TV 7.2 is the one that looks horrible while 7.1 looks ok (both are 720p HD). WYIN in Gary overall looks horrible because they have older CODEC's, & they're running dual 720p HD on 56.1 & 56.2, plus run 2 widescreen SD channels.

#4,074 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHDTV /forum/post/21127958

Any update on what you found?

Problem appears to be fixed.

Thanks for your hard work at WPTA/WISE, and especially thanks for taking your personal time to post in this forum.

Good Luck!!

We changed out an encoder. We have been having trouble with the encoders that we use on the FOX feeds. Hopefully this will permantly correct the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.