AVS Forum banner

NEC MT1045 calibration

965 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kloofy 
#1 ·
Howdy guys,

I bought a NEC MT1045 projector from my school's computer recycling center (25 bucks
), put in a new bulb that I got for around 110. It works fine but the color/greyscale could be much better. I found the NEC service manual for this projector, it says that I need service software to adjust the individual RGB for grey scale and for primary color calibration. I emailed NEC and called a repair place they recommended but the guy said it'd cost several hundred (not worth it for a pj this old).

Just wondering if there are any options for me outside of buying an expensive video processor. If anyone knows of a source for this service software that'd be awesome.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyen78 /forum/post/21269185

Just wondering if there are any options for me outside of buying an expensive video processor. If anyone knows of a source for this service software that'd be awesome.

Thanks

Google LK-219413

and Epvision PHD-205LE for a cable and OTA standalone tuner

No matter what you do the image 0n the 1045 gets a little washed out but the LK should help a lot. The only problem with the LK is that it goes into standby mode if it doesn't see a signal for a while so make sure you mount it so you can hit the reset button or unplug and replug it in

Bohanna

#3 ·
I don't need a tuner since my STB (tivo premiere through rcn) has component output.

Thanks for the advice on the LK-219413. Is that just a converter for component to vga? Currently I just use a cable that is component on one end and vga on the other since the projector accepts a component signal through it's rgb input. Are the display adjustments (color, contrast, brightness etc) better than the projectors user adjustments?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyen78 /forum/post/21270585

I don't need a tuner since my STB (tivo premiere through rcn) has component output.

Thanks for the advice on the LK-219413. Is that just a converter for component to VGA? Currently I just use a cable that is component on one end and VGA on the other since the projector accepts a component signal through it's rgb input. Are the display adjustments (color, contrast, brightness etc) better than the projectors user adjustments?

Its a converter that has various resolution, color, Brightness etc settings.

I may be wrong but I don't think you will be able to go into the projector through the component cable you are describing. The reason I like the LK is that it doesn't produce the edge of image scaling line wobble that a lot of the converters do. Its as good a converter as the Key-digital model and a lot cheaper. The little black box HDTV converter in that sells for around 90.00 or so produces these lines. The LK is cheaper but the standby thing is kind of a pain. You can see the light has gone from green to red when it goes into standby mode.

Hope this helps

Bohanna

#5 ·
check the online reviews They speak for themselves.

Product Description

This is a high performance Ypbpr to VGA adapter. With 3.5mm and L-Audio-R audio in, Ypbpr and VGA video in, 3.5mm audio out, and VGA video out, it let you switch the video source between Ypbpr component and VGA, audio source between audio R/L and 3.5mm, to enable PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, WII, Game Cube, etc to be connected up to computer monitor, projector, or other display. It supports the high definition output of 1080P (50Hz/60Hz). You can see buttons instructions as following: MENU-Click it to enter into OSD menu; Press it and hold on for 3 seconds, Switch between VGA and Component video input; Press it and hold on for 10 seconds, Default setting (Output resolution: 1024 x 768). UP-Under OSD Menu, press it to select different items of function; Under the menu of adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation, hue adjustment, presses it to increase the value; Under the menu of resolution setting, click it to select output resolution; OSD menu is closed; click it to select 4:3, 16:9 or full screen display modes. DOWN-Under OSD menu, click it to select different item of functions; under the menu brightness, contrast, saturation, hue adjustment, clicks it to decrease the value; Under the menu of resolution setting, click it to select output resolution.

#6 ·
It works, I've been using it for months for ps3, STB, WD live box. A lot of projectors will accept the component Ypbpr signal through it's RGB input. I'm just looking for a way to adjust greyscale and get individual controls for each primary color.

I may have found a solution. I'm thinking of upgrading my receiver soon and the onkyo txnr 809 has controls for color calibration, plus dual hdmi outputs and I've seen them on sale for 650. I'm asking a crutchfield person some questions so hopefully I get a reply soon.

thanks

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyen78 /forum/post/21271991

It works, I've been using it for months for ps3, STB, WD live box. A lot of projectors will accept the component Ypbpr signal through it's RGB input. I'm just looking for a way to adjust greyscale and get individual controls for each primary color.

I may have found a solution. I'm thinking of upgrading my receiver soon and the onkyo txnr 809 has controls for color calibration, plus dual hdmi outputs and I've seen them on sale for 650. I'm asking a crutchfield person some questions so hopefully I get a reply soon.

thanks

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Bohanna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.