AVS Forum banner

"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD

89K views 1K replies 148 participants last post by  WilliamR 
#1 ·
Starting tonite .... can't wait, something somewhat original! The cast is great and the story line looks pretty good. Between this and GRIMM starting on Friday the week is looking up!

See less See more
#177 ·
The writers. producers, whoever, has screwed up with regards to Henry's ability to leave Storybrooke.

While talking to Emma, Henry implied that he can leave Storybrooke, because he will come back because he has no where else to go.

That is incorrect. Like his mother Emma, he can leave whenever he wants and never return. He is an outsider. Even more so than his mother, since he was born in the real world and taken to Storybrooke as a result of adoption.

#178 ·
There was no way that the elevator was going to go up into an air shaft.

They could try and go up the rest of their lives, as it wasn't going to happen.

#180 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV /forum/post/21266922

I just have to say that I can't stand the kid. He is so annoying. I wish he didn't have to be a part of each episode.

I do not have a problem with Henry at all. He certainly is no Wesley Crusher.

BTW, that was no sinkhole.

#181 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV /forum/post/21266922

A so-so episode. The story line wasn't very interesting.

I just have to say that I can't stand the kid. He is so annoying. I wish he didn't have to be a part of each episode.

In this episode, the Henry character didn't work well for me from an acting standpoint. Lines were stiffly delivered and he lacked the emotional punch necessary in several scenes. It looked more like a rehearsal. I know they can only work children on a limited basis and maybe there wasn't a lot of time between filmings, but it was not polished.

It's one thing to do well in an audition, but to be able to perform week in and out with a grueling schedule and also fit in the required 6 hours a day of schooling might just overwhelm a kid actor. Yet, he is the main character in the whole series, so its success is predicated on how well he can perform.

The episode seemed disjointed to me in many respects. It just didn't have flow and the connections between fairy tale and Storybooke didn't have much punch. I would grade previous episodes B+ to A. This one was a C+ or so. The Jiminy Cricket back story just isn't as intriguing as the other characters thus far.

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe /forum/post/21267421

I agree, but those little dolls that the couple turned into were fairly horrifying. Sad.

I found them more creepy looking then horrifying just looking at those things sent a shiver down my spine.

#184 ·
Terrible episode this time out. Why have Firefighters in the scene and not have them setting up for a rescue? Who in the hell wrote that episode? There was one Firefighter just standing there listening to the Mayor say backup while the other was by the entrance to the tunnel. The Mayor directing everyone at the scene. Amazing the gypsy parents knew their son had poison.I hope this is just a one time thing.

#189 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV /forum/post/21267952

What was the thing they showed at the end of the episode when the Mayor drop a piece of it down the elevator shaft?

I was wondering that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson /forum/post/21267976

It looked like the glass coffin maybe?

Ok. So that piece of glass the mayor dropped down the shaft was part of the coffin? Makes sense why she was so eager to seal it off.

I can only hope my fairy Godmother is as stacked.

#190 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/21268418

Ok. So that piece of glass the mayor dropped down the shaft was part of the coffin? Makes sense why she was so eager to seal it off.

I thought that it might be part of the Queen's Magic Mirror but it was hard to tell once all of the pieces were shown at the bottom of the mine shaft. It also looked like to original Fairy Tale land was sitting under the current town. If so, nice cover that. My feeling is that the Mayor/Queen has complete awareness of her curse and who many of her current "constiuents" really are.

#191 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson /forum/post/21267976

It looked like the glass coffin maybe?

You are correct. That is what Henry found as well, but a larger piece.

#193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeklim /forum/post/21269094

i agree, and would add rumpelstilskin. I think both of them are aware.

+1

#194 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 /forum/post/21268646

I thought that it might be part of the Queen's Magic Mirror but it was hard to tell once all of the pieces were shown at the bottom of the mine shaft. It also looked like to original Fairy Tale land was sitting under the current town. If so, nice cover that. My feeling is that the Mayor/Queen has complete awareness of her curse and who many of her current "constiuents" really are.

I agree, and she's doing everything she can to stop anyone from remembering.

Not the best episode IMO, but still better than most of what is out there to watch. Jimmy's story was a little weak. Still, it was darker than I expected.

When do we get Red's story?

#196 ·
Mac, I didn't have a problem with this based on the apparent timeline of Jiminy's "conversion" and subsequent events. Geppetto looked to be 10 or so when Jiminy killed his parents and then became a cricket, and looked 50-ish when the curse hit. And based on Emma's age, everyone has been in the real world for 28 years, which means Jiminy's "conversion" occurred about 70 years before present.

I guess what I mean is that since Jiminy has been "good" for at least 70 years, I think his change was genuine, since at least for now, we have no evidence that he slipped off the wagon at any point after he became a cricket!

#197 ·
Really didn't care for this episode. The whole rescue scene was stupid with all the firemen standing around, mayor running the scene, Emma going down to save them, etc.

I also didn't like the "he's my son too" line from Emma. Something about that bothered me.

That said, I actually like the little kid.

#198 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/21266513

There was no way that the elevator was going to go up into an air shaft.

They could try and go up the rest of their lives, as it wasn't going to happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

It's actually common for evacuation elevators in mines to be built in air shafts. Unlike the normal entrance, those are vertical.

Granted, they usually aren't that big, but that's how they work. You enter and leave via a sloped tunnel and mine car system (modern mines use a tram, while the old method was an ore car hooked to a rope) and escape through the air shaft if there's an emergency.

In most mines, though, the elevator is much smaller and is more like a bucket that holds one person at a time. Often, you have to be pretty thin to use it, which is why the South American miners in the last accident we heard about had to stay down there so long: they had to lose weight to fit in the shaft.

#199 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain /forum/post/21270009

Mac, I didn't have a problem with this based on the apparent timeline of Jiminy's "conversion" and subsequent events. Geppetto looked to be 10 or so when Jiminy killed his parents and then became a cricket, and looked 50-ish when the curse hit. And based on Emma's age, everyone has been in the real world for 28 years, which means Jiminy's "conversion" occurred about 70 years before present.

I guess what I mean is that since Jiminy has been "good" for at least 70 years, I think his change was genuine, since at least for now, we have no evidence that he slipped off the wagon at any point after he became a cricket!

Well everyone assumes when cursed they came just after emma did. That would be 28 years. Nothing has been said yet when the curse hit eveyone there was some sort of delay. That could explain a lot of why Cinderella was preggers for 28 years, Charming in a coma for 28 years.

That or they just dont age.

Also Jimmy was promised all the years he needs to take care of Geppetto.

#200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife /forum/post/21269910

Am I the only person that had a problem with the guy that is supposed to act as Henry's conscience agreeing to sell off his parents and poison them so that they could be captured?

I didn't like that either, but wrote it off as the darker side of the story we never heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.