AVS Forum banner
87K views 366 replies 88 participants last post by  xhonzi 
#1 ·
Glasses that work:

Blick (verify that 3D3 is the Panny model #- NOT the ones with '2') NOTE: Blick glasses are one size and do not come in S/M/L

Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU/TY-EW3D3MU/TY-EW3D3LU IE All 3rd gen Active Panasonic Glasses

Mixed results:

*** These glasses have been reported as working and NOT working ***

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2

Panasonic 3D2 series w/ Avatar movie bundle

Glasses that don't work:

JVC 3D

Mitsubishi

Nvidia 3D Vision

Panasonic TY-EW3D2S/TY-EW3D2M/TY-EW3D2L

Samsung 1st gen IR

Samsung 2100

Samsung SSG-3100GB

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs - contains SSG-3100GB glasses)

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses

Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B

Xpand 103

See less See more
#28 ·
#30 ·
Amazon listed the Panasonic TY-EW3D3MU glasses for only $55 each over the weekend even though they were out of stock (expected in-stock date of Dec. 3rd).

I ordered a couple a pair at that price and now see they are back to $99. My order still says $55, so I hope they get some in the next couple weeks.

#32 ·
smaller, lighter, but more succeptible to crosstalk if you move your head at a bad angle. I feel like it's pretty much a wash. Between the epsons and these, I use whichever I pick up out of the stack, they are all OK to me. Model panasonic ew3d3lu. Got them from provantage for a very low price. They listed them as not in stock, but shipped about a week after I ordered (and they still showed out of stock), so I think they may drop ship or something.

#33 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp /forum/post/21270664

smaller, lighter, but more succeptible to crosstalk if you move your head at a bad angle. I feel like it's pretty much a wash. Between the epsons and these, I use whichever I pick up out of the stack, they are all OK to me. Model panasonic ew3d3lu. Got them from provantage for a very low price. They listed them as not in stock, but shipped about a week after I ordered (and they still showed out of stock), so I think they may drop ship or something.

So they do have the U designation at the end. I'm having a hard time because a website will list it as EW3D3LU and then when you order it drops the U.

As for crosstalk (I haven't noticed any yet), it's dependent on what angle you're looking at the screen?

#35 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzul /forum/post/21259350

So tell me this, why don't any if the glasses from these companies advertise that they are M-3DI compatible? Or is it just so new that only Panasonic have glasses out on the open market?

And yes by open market I do mean EBay because that seems to be the only place you can get them right now...

There's a logo that should be used by compatible glasses - it's the Full HD 3D logo on the upper left corner of http://www.fullhd3dglasses.com/

#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/0

If you have tried glasses that work or don't work, can you add the model number and I'll update the main post?

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - Black (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs) - Does not work.

#37 ·

Quote:
I watched the Epson Home Cinema 5010 and the Panasonic PT-AE7000 side by side, in 3D (works with either the Panasonic or Epson glasses). I favor the Epson glasses for comfort, but that's me. Note, we currently have brought in about a dozen pair of 3D glasses to see which work on the Epson/Panasonic/others glasses consortium. We'll let you know which are cross compatible.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...erformance.php

#44 ·
I'm glad to say Amazon gave me a refund for my Samsung Megamind 3D starter kit. I wasn't sure I'd get one since I opened one of the movies without thinking of testing the glasses first.

So - I noticed Monoprice has a house brand pair of "IR Active Shutter Glasses for Samsung 3D Displays" for around 1/3rd of the Epson price. I might be willing to give a pair a try at that price and hope Monoprice is as forgiving as Amazon if they do not work out.

Anyone have any experience with these glasses? Have there been any Samsung 2010 IR compatibility reports yet besides Epson's vague support page?

#48 ·
Ok guys, I decided to be test the glasses I found on ebay that are listed as compatible with the Panny 3rd generation ones (EW3D3SU/Mu/LU). I called the company 1st (3D Glasses Unlimited) and they said that they DO work with the 3010. She said that a customer confirmed that last week. I ordered a pair in the medium (MU) size. We'll see.

I'll report back after I get them and test 'em out.

Ed

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21302695

Ok guys, I decided to be test the glasses I found on ebay that are listed as compatible with the Panny 3rd generation ones (EW3D3SU/Mu/LU). I called the company 1st (3D Glasses Unlimited) and they said that they DO work with the 3010. She said that a customer confirmed that last week. I ordered a pair in the medium (MU) size. We'll see.

I'll report back after I get them and test 'em out.

Ed

Can't wait to hear your review. I want to purchase the 3010 but I am waiting to see more reviews on what 3d glasses are compatible with this projector. I have 2 kids (ages 9 & 11) and been hearing that the Epson 3d glasses are too big for kids.

Of course the Panny 3rd generation ones (EW3D3SU/Mu/LU) by 3d Glasses Unlimited offer a 90-Day, 100% Satisfaction, Money Back Guarantee and 1 year replacement warranty which is great. look forward to hearing your review.

#50 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wku12399 /forum/post/21302982

Can't wait to hear your review. I want to purchase the 3010 but I am waiting to see more reviews on what 3d glasses are compatible with this projector. I have 2 kids (ages 9 & 11) and been hearing that the Epson 3d glasses are too big for kids.

Of course the Panny 3rd generation ones (EW3D3SU/Mu/LU) by 3d Glasses Unlimited offer a 90-Day, 100% Satisfaction, Money Back Guarantee and 1 year replacement warranty which is great. look forward to hearing your review.

I should get them soon as they said they were shipping today & I'm in Michigan and so is the vendor.

Yes, the Epson glasses are fine but DEFINITELY will not work for kids. If they work in the medium size I ordered I'll order a pair of small ones for my grandkids. I'll keep ya posted.

Ed

BTW, I'm LOVING the 3D from the 3010! I've got a 3D 73" Mits but the 3D from the Epson @ 120" is awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.