AVS Forum banner
87K views 366 replies 88 participants last post by  xhonzi 
#1 ·
Glasses that work:

Blick (verify that 3D3 is the Panny model #- NOT the ones with '2') NOTE: Blick glasses are one size and do not come in S/M/L

Panasonic TY-EW3D3SU/TY-EW3D3MU/TY-EW3D3LU IE All 3rd gen Active Panasonic Glasses

Mixed results:

*** These glasses have been reported as working and NOT working ***

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2

Panasonic 3D2 series w/ Avatar movie bundle

Glasses that don't work:

JVC 3D

Mitsubishi

Nvidia 3D Vision

Panasonic TY-EW3D2S/TY-EW3D2M/TY-EW3D2L

Samsung 1st gen IR

Samsung 2100

Samsung SSG-3100GB

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs - contains SSG-3100GB glasses)

Sony TDG-BR50/B 3D Active Glasses

Sony Active 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B

Xpand 103

See less See more
#52 ·
The "3rd Gen Panasonic compatible" glasses sold at 3D Glasses Unlimited are supposed to work but are ONE SIZE.

"Actually the glasses are one size, Panasonic markets their glasses as different sizes, but we measured their different size glasses and they are only 1/8 inch difference. 1/8 inch difference is not really a difference at all. My boss has tested the Blick glasses on his 8-year-old son and they fit him just fine."
Received that from my email correspondence with them. Shame cuz the Panasonic M glasses area bit better but still to big for my kids, trying to find the S glasses in STOCK is proving to be impossible. Epson glasses are DEFINITELY too big for them.

#53 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/21303366

The "3rd Gen Panasonic compatible" glasses sold at 3D Glasses Unlimited are supposed to work but are ONE SIZE.

"Actually the glasses are one size, Panasonic markets their glasses as different sizes, but we measured their different size glasses and they are only 1/8 inch difference. 1/8 inch difference is not really a difference at all. My boss has tested the Blick glasses on his 8-year-old son and they fit him just fine."
Received that from my email correspondence with them. Shame cuz the Panasonic M glasses area bit better but still to big for my kids, trying to find the S glasses in STOCK is proving to be impossible. Epson glasses are DEFINITELY too big for them.

Well, if the Panny's are smaller and the small Blick's are an 1/8" smaller than them that MIGHT be a big difference.
I should be able to get an idea from the mediums. I mostly hope that they work!

Ed

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21303850

Well, if the Panny's are smaller and the small Blick's are an 1/8" smaller than them that MIGHT be a big difference.
I should be able to get an idea from the mediums. I mostly hope that they work!

Ed

Blicks are one size. She's saying that the Panny L size are only 1/8" larger than the M and the Panny S are only 1/8" smaller than the M.

#55 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21303170

I should get them soon as they said they were shipping today & I'm in Michigan and so is the vendor.

Yes, the Epson glasses are fine but DEFINITELY will not work for kids. If they work in the medium size I ordered I'll order a pair of small ones for my grandkids. I'll keep ya posted.

Ed

BTW, I'm LOVING the 3D from the 3010! I've got a 3D 73" Mits but the 3D from the Epson @ 120" is awesome!

Yeah, looking forward toward using the 3D with the kids. I am going to try and use the 3010 as my everyday TV before I move the 50" plasma into the bedroom. I already have an existing projector (Infocus 4805) so my family room is already light controlled and etc. Looking forward toward the big upgrade.

I am also trying to decide which 3D blu ray player to get and I will probably upgrade my reciever at the same time.

Keep us posted on the 3D glasses.

#57 ·
I ordered a pair of the Mononoprice for Samsung glasses. I'll report back when I get them. I really hope they work, because at that price we'll be able to get 3 for the price of the Epsons.

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelens /forum/post/21304527

Blicks are one size. She's saying that the Panny L size are only 1/8" larger than the M and the Panny S are only 1/8" smaller than the M.

Strange.

Wonder WTH they separately show SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE????

Ahhhhhhhh, I think it's called marketing!

Well, I'll see IF they work and how the ones sold as MEDIUM fit anyway. Then I can immediately tell ya how the SMALLS and LARGE fit as well......

Ed

BTW, WHY do we have 2 Epson glasses threads???

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21306115

Strange.

Wonder WTH they separately show SMALL, MEDIUM and LARGE????

Ahhhhhhhh, I think it's called marketing!

Yeah, I'm sure it's so they catch anyone Googling for Panny small/med/large... was a tad disappointed myself when I found out they were only one size. A tad misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21306115

BTW, WHY do we have 2 Epson glasses threads???

My bad, I started the other thread after doing a quick search and didn't see this one first. I'm trying to keep an updated list in the op post though on that one .

#64 ·

VERY happy to report that the Blick glasses perform great!
They synch right up and stay synched. They even look virtually the same as the Epsons. The lenses are a tiny bit lighter in shade and are also a tiny bit larger. For ME, I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort. I like them well enough to order another pair. The ONLY downside is that assuming that all of them listed on ebay are actually the same size they won't work well for young/small kids--too large, like the Epsons.
Very nice clam-shell hard case, microfiber cleaning cloth, USB cable and wall charger all included.

If you order make sure you get the ones with 3D3 in the Panny model #. NOT the ones with "2".

Ed

#66 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlap123 /forum/post/21311828

Because the other guy didn't search.

I did do a quick one and obviously failed (as mentioned in the first post on the other thread and above) - no one on the other thread mentioned this one upon my initial post. If you want to update your first post with the working/non-working list and keep track I'm fine with letting the other post die.

#67 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21313361

They synch right up and stay synched. They even look virtually the same as the Epsons. The lenses are a tiny bit lighter in shade and are also a tiny bit larger. For ME, I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort. I like them well enough to order another pair. The ONLY downside is that assuming that all of them listed on ebay are actually the same size they won't work well for young/small kids--too large, like the Epsons.
Very nice clam-shell hard case, microfiber cleaning cloth, USB cable and wall charger all included.

If you order make sure you get the ones with 3D3 in the Panny model #. NOT the ones with "2".

Ed

Awesome. Bummer they're not kid-sized.

#72 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21313373

They work GREAT!

See my post in other Epson 3010 glasses thread.

Ed

Do you have a pair of Epson 3D glasses for comparison?

Just curious if the tint & brightness on the glasses are different between the 2.

EDIT:

Found your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21313361

Ed

#73 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala /forum/post/21313529

OldCorps where do you get Blick universal glasses ?

how much for ? (would you PM me please ?)

Is the ghosting and brightness on par with Epson ?

Same/same. I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort and actually VERY little difference in appearance. The Blick's frame is a shiny black plastic, the Epson's are a matte black. I got confused trying them out side by side with the Epsons. Couldn't tell which ones I had on without taking 'em off and looking.

Ed

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps /forum/post/21313607

Same/same. I can't tell ANY difference in performance or comfort and actually VERY little difference in appearance. The Blick's frame is a shiny black plastic, the Epson's are a matte black. I got confused trying them out side by side with the Epsons. Couldn't tell which ones I had on without taking 'em off and looking.

Ed

This is good and bad

good because you can order more epson-like glasses

bad because they are too big for my kids

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.