AVS Forum banner

Drive

26K views 309 replies 65 participants last post by  Alkaline 
#1 ·

No extras details yet, this knocked North by Northwest off the top of my fave films list!

Saw it twice, not sure if that will endure tho!

See less See more
#2 ·
Double dip already planned

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ition-of-drive

Quote:
“The version that is released now, like soon, is fairly standard,” Refn revealed. “It does not include any audio commentaries with either Ryan [Gosling] or myself, and it does not include any secret, revealing elements, or mysteries solved, or a huge amount of spinoffs. [But] because I’m a Blu-ray fanatic – no, fanatic, like religiously – I hope that in the near future, I will be able to release a movie that’s not just a movie, but also one that describes the process of the filmmaking, and answers some of the more mysterious elements of the success of that it has achieved.”

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/21203886

It was shot digitally so there is no excuse.

Digitally shot movies "usually" have decent transfers. Though I've known of digitally shot movies that have had bad transfers. And when that happens, it's usually written about it here.

Can't wait to see the screen shots!

#21 ·
I have not seen the film yet, but I did read the script, and it was incredible. One of the best scripts I have ever read. Hopefully not much was lost in transition to film.

Can't wait to see it on blu-ray.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Woody /forum/post/21428972

I have not seen the film yet, but I did read the script, and it was incredible. One of the best scripts I have ever read. Hopefully not much was lost in transition to film.

Can't wait to see it on blu-ray.

How exciting could the script for this movie be?

"DRIVER stands there staring blankly forward. Pause 5 minutes."

#26 ·
Movies are made from scripts, not the other way around.

Therefore, all the stylistic decisions were added by the director and were not a part of the screenplay, which was dedicated to telling the story. And what an awesome story it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.