AVS Forum banner

Official LG XXLD450 Thread

454K views 2K replies 277 participants last post by  norfreka 
#1 ·
Starting an official thread, am I allowed to do that!

Just ordered an LG 42LD450 yesterday, and should arrive next week. This is a 2010 model LCD from LG so I am hoping it is good. Could not find a whole lot of info on it, so we will see.

Please post user reviews, expert reviews, your own reviews, pictures, thoughts, experiences, opinions, pros, cons, etc!

UPDATE: For information about LG XXLD450 displays, please see thepoohcontinuum's FAQ here .

See less See more
#1,477 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/21092860

Are you using the same input that you calibrated on? You can have two different Expert cals for each input and switch back an forth. But the Expert settings aren't applied to all of the inputs automatically. So, if you calibrate HDMI input 1 on the Expert 1 setting, that doesn't get translated to HDMI input 1, 2, etc. Those will still be set at Default unless you calibrate them specifically. The same holds true if you tweak the Presets.

Thanks, l know that but l would like to squeeze some more colour by changing the settings in 10 steps calibration, l do rased all the settings to maximum there but the picture is no good.

Would you post your settings please? My brother has bought a 2003 Plasma and being proud he has better colours and that's true, but only for green-yellow, l would like to prove to him that at least for 2010 his Plasma is to old, so please don't let us down, me, LG and LCDs.

#1,478 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveBoy /forum/post/21045283

I'm sure there's some Dungey Forsaken Cryptic Wall-mart out there with an LD450 drenched in spider webs sitting in some back room shack just waiting to get purchased.

Indeed, it was an LG 47 LD450 about two weeks ago but it was sold in Germany, Essen at Conrad, l've found it and bought it, it does gaming quite well!

I'm sure there are some more of them somewhere.

#1,479 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by marodu
Thanks, l know that but l would like to squeeze some more colour by changing the settings in 10 steps calibration, l do rased all the settings to maximum there but the picture is no good.

Would you post your settings please? My brother has bought a 2003 Plasma and beenig proud he has better colours and that's true, but only for green-yellow, l would like to prove to him that at least for 2010 his Plasma is to old, so please don't let us down, me, LG and LCD's.
If by 10 step calibration you're talking about the IRE steps under the Expert settings those can't be adjusted without the use of a colorimeter and computer software. The best you can do without color meters etc is to set your basics (contrast, brightness, etc) and the CMS. That can be achieved with the free AVS HD709 disk or the commercial WoW or DVE Essentials disk. I'll dig around and see if I can find my various settings list but keep in mind that calibration settings are not always transferable to other sets, even within the same model line because not all of the components are exactly the same so your results may vary.

I found some settings. These can be applied to any input and were created by Phase700B, one of our more illustrious members

LG 42LD550 HDMI 3 INPUT ISF EXPERT1 LG BD550 WARM 4-5-11 Usable Range.txt 1.5302734375k . file

LG 42LD550 OTA_Cable ISF Expert 1 Warm 4-5-11 Posted Range.txt 1.4658203125k . file

LG 42LD550 HDMI 3 Input ISF EXPERT2 LG BD550 COOL 4-5-11 Usable Range.txt 1.6123046875k . file

#1,480 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/21095373

If by 10 step calibration you're talking about the IRE steps under the Expert settings those can't be adjusted without the use of a colorimeter and computer software. The best you can do without color meters etc is to set your basics (contrast, brightness, etc) and the CMS. That can be achieved with the free AVS HD709 disk or the commercial WoW or DVE Essentials disk. I'll dig around and see if I can find my various settings list but keep in mind that calibration settings are not always transferable to other sets, even within the same model line because not all of the components are exactly the same so your results may vary.

I found some settings. These can be applied to any input and were created by Phase700B, one of our more illustrious members

It won't open on PS3, none of them, l ain't got no luck that's all but thanks anyway, l apreciate so much taking your time for giving me something, God bless you!

For those who are worried about sports on LD450, l've watched tennis, soccer and golf on that tv, the ball is pefectly clear to watch and follow, even the golf ball, also the players in fast moving, no double ball, no gosting, nothing weird on this panel, l have the LG 47 LD 450.

#1,482 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/21103878

Those are plain text files so maybe you can put them on a flash drive and take them to a friend who can open and then print them out for you.

It won't open at all, none of them, some other files would open a message to download on something, unfotunately it's not the case there but thanks anyway.

#1,484 ·
After one month of testing this TV (mine is 32LD465, but it's the same LD450 with unlocked usb video) , i think this is best settings for gaming with xbox 360 connected with HDMI cable :

The TV is a S-IPS model.

Firstly change input label to "PC". (in "GAME" actually you may see a little color washing)
Choose Standard mode,not game. (with label "PC" and game mode you actually may see not so smoother motion, and your eyes may hurt a bit)

Then:

backlight - 43 (may differ from 35 to 60, depend on how dark is in your room )

contrast - 81

brightness -55

color temp -0

In advanced settings :

black level - high

gama - low

Also change your sound to Standard (and not infinite sound,the other modes brings a little input lag, which is hardly detected,but i feel it)

You may change the bass and treble.

In your xbox 360 settings change the colors to RGB ( or SOURCE ).

Picture ofcourse is 1080p.
In reference levels it has to be on Expanded.

Believe me i tested every mode combination and this brings the most low to none lag,low to none motion blur,and nice,smooth and crisp picture ! Also renaming label to "PC" , benefit you with 4:4:4 chroma.

#1,485 ·
Hey Guys :)

I recently picked the LD460 LCD (which based on Googling is the same screen as the LD450 just with stronger speakers).

I'm very happy with it. My main use for is Video Games, and everything looks cool without any input lag.

I have few questions though I couldn't find answer for:

1) I know this screen support 4:4:4, as far as I know 4:4:4 is a nice feature to have on Consoles and when using the TV as PC Monitor. I'm not sure how to 'active' this mode?

2) When selecting Input, you can level you Inputs with PC, Console, VCR etc etc. Does those have any real effect on the display? And if so - can I somewhere find a list of what each does so I can tweak it for my Consoles/PC/SD Cables?

3) I noticed you can stream movies using the USB key. What would be the best option to watch 1080p Movies - connect my Laptop using HDMI to the TV scree, or use the USB solution?

4) I tried to use rawashdeh's video settings, but the pictures felt a bit too dim and non sharp for my Wii/PS3. It seems like games benefit nicely from good amount of colors and sharpening. Any good and proven setup for Consoles? as I'm pretty overwhelmed by the sum of all the calibration options...

Thanks!

#1,486 ·
Just read what i wrote one post before your.
About the laptop, or USB, i will tell you that trough USB you havn't got 4:4:4 chorma, but watching movies this is hard to be a problem, because most of them are not 4:4:4, so...quality would be the same. Also i see that the 4:4:4 with xbox 360 is not so clear like with computer,may be because of the upscalling, but it's better than no 4:4:4 ; )

For the PS 3 i don't know how will be the pictures with my settings, but actually you may want to change only backlight,brightness and contrast a bit to fit your needs. Remember that putting them very high will not produce a natural picture, and colors and detail would be washed out. Also like in xbox (expanded mode), your ps 3 has to be on FULL RGB color mode. Be sure to use "PC" label, Standard mode picture, Standard mode sound. I was testing all combinations so many hours and this works as i said before.

About your SD settings i can tell you some, but there are so much difference between SD equipment that may differ to picture very much, so i think you may test on your own with this.

#1,488 ·
Sorry for the late reply stoyaninho, but Thanks!

I was giving up on anyone answering and stopped check this thread :)

I have another question. The Annoying 3.5 Jack crackling drives me crazy (and I use headphones a lot). Im planing on getting a DAC, but I was wonder - does the TV Volume also controls the Optical Output Volume? or I need an external amp for that?

#1,490 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wywern209 /forum/post/21231498

Did anyone else suddenly lose the ability to get OTA hd channels? i checked the listings and they haven't changed but one day, my 32ld450 just stopped picking up hd channels.

What kind of antenna are you using? It's odd that you all of a sudden lose your OTA stations. The LGs have one of the best ATSC tuners around.

#1,491 ·
I did some research. It seems like TVs can not control DTS or Dolby volume. Some TVs however, are able to control PCM Volume. Since the LG450 has an option to set sound to PCM or Auto, it might work.

Can anyone with this TV (and an optical cable) can change the Audio Settings to PCM and try to change volume with the Remote?

Thanks!

#1,492 ·
I know this has been discussed, but it seems like many are still suffering this issue with Nvidia cards

Here's how I got got 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling with Nvidia 4200M on my 32LD450.

I used this as a guide: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=22

1) Open a text editor and paste the following, but don't save it yet

REGEDIT4

[~paste key name from step 4~]

"OverrideEdidFlags0"=hex:1E,6D,01,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

2) Open regedit

3) Navigate to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control\\Video\\{GU ID}\\0000\\

NOTE: {GUID} is your video card's unique id. To tell which one is the correct one, look for a \\{GUID}\\0000\\ that contains one or more keys that begin with "NV"

4) Once you found the correct {GUID}\\0000, right click on 0000, and select Copy Key Name

5) Go back to your text editor and paste the key name you just copied in between the square brackets

6) If you did it correctly, you should have a file that looks similar to this, but with your own unique GUID

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control\\Video\\{ AAAAAAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEEEEEEEEEE}\\0000]

"OverrideEdidFlags0"=hex:1E,6D,01,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

7) Now save the file as "override.reg". NOTE: If you're using notepad, make sure you select "All Files" as your file type.

8) Double click on override.reg, and you'll be prompted with a warning. Click "yes".

9) Now, reboot your system, and you'll have RGB444 over HDMI cable to your 32LD450.

#1,495 ·
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a new firmware version for the 32LD450. Mine came with 03.05.00. The latest one on LG's U.S. site is 03.05.20

To find what firmware version you have: Click "menu", then hit the red button on your remote, then scroll down to "product/service info" and select it. Your fw version will be in there.

Link: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...roduct-profile I did a factory reset before updating. Not sure if that matters, but it doesn't hurt. Just remember to write down your picture settings.....which I didn't do.

#1,498 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohcontinuum /forum/post/21407670

Anyone know what changes occurred with the new firmware?

Here's what it says on the support page:
Quote:
[What's new?]

To enhance image quality

[Application Model list]

32LD450-UA

32LD520-UA

37LD450-UA

42LD450-UA

42LD520-UA

42LE7300-UA

47LD450-UA

47LD520-UA

47LE7300-UA

55LD520-UA

55LE7300-UA

#1,499 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohcontinuum /forum/post/21407670

Anyone know what changes occurred with the new firmware?

I contacted Support and pestered them for about a month. They eventually contacted Korea for a response. The "enhancing image quality" is a bit misleading. What I was told was that the "update" allows the tv to maintain it's color settings during the startup process and in no way affects calibration settings. If you've noticed at times that when the tv starts up, the color image takes a couple of seconds to "settle in" to whatever your settings are. This "update" apparently tweaks the algorithm so that the color startup process is consistent. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me or any improvement to overall pq or functionality so I'm not sure why the update in the first place. I have the update for my 47LD520 but haven't bothered to apply it. I was hoping that it would give me the option of changing the startup time from military to standard but I guess not. No need to apply an update that doesn't offer anything that I can see is important. "If it ain't broke......"

#1,500 ·
Ok well I think I may have found out why some people still cant get 4:4:4 chroma. I had the same problem and started messing around with cables and found out that if you use a DVI-D single link cable then all the problems are solved. However for some reason when I tried to use a DVI-D dual link cable then it fails the chroma test and the Nvidia panel also says I am using a HDMI cable which is weird. I tested this using one cable with DVI-D single male and HDMI on the other end, another full DVI-D single cable using a HDMI adapter, another DVI-D dual cable with the same HDMI adapter, and yet another DVI-D cable with single link on one end and dual link on the other end. And so it seems if you connect a Dual DVI-D cable to your video card then it recognizes it as HDMI however just connecting a single DVI-D cable then the video card recognizes it as a DVI connection. I tried all combinations of cables with dual and single on both ends and even if the HDMI adapter is single DVI-D it does not matter unless the graphic card side is plugged in to a single and NOT a dual (you can just punch out the middle 6 pins and convert a dual link into a single link). I also had to do the EDID override since it would not work with any type of cable otherwise.

I have tested this on 2 different LG's (42LK450 and a 47LD450 both IPS) and 2 different computers running Win7 X64 and 2 different graphics cards (GTX 275 and GTX 460) running the same up to date Nvidia drivers.

Sorry for the long rant but I think this should solve any problems failing the chroma test.

So in short be sure to use a DVI-D single link cable to connect to the graphics card and the TV side does not matter as long as it is HDMI and use the EDID override.

Thanks for everyone's help here and yes I did read every post from this insanely long 51 page thread o_0

Oh yea and just in case you don't have a clue what the difference is between DVI cables then check out this page for pictures and good info: Here

#1,501 ·
Forgive my noobishness but how would I go about updating my firmware for my LG LD450? When I go to LG's site, it tells me to download the PDF that has absolutely no information at all.

I'm experiencing some ridiculous screen tearing and am trying to figure out a way to fix it and I might as well start fresh with the latest firmware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.