AVS Forum banner

release date for Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector

37K views 317 replies 51 participants last post by  GoCaboNow 
#1 ·
hi i read somewhere that the Epson Home Cinema 61000 Projector will be released this year for around $5000 but i see that it has been released in 2010..is this true

#178 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubert /forum/post/21474879

No new info from CES. On the other hand I found this on a news post from a German retailer:

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Sounds like it has been cancelled? Bummer. If Epson wouldn't sell it it means that none of us would have wanted it anyway. Scratch it off the list. One less option.

#180 ·
What does a failure to timely deliver a new technolgy product have to do with deciding whether to chose a new year's existing technology based machine from them? Suppose it is a quality control issue having something to do with producing a new type chip. I'd rather they didn't bring it out knowing there would be problems or pruct performance variability to end users rather than launching delivery prematurely.

#181 ·
At this rate I'm probably going to go with the Sony VPL-VW95ES.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...0&d=1322592300

Even though it's $2,000 more and has about half the native contrast, it seems to be the most well-rounded as far as motion handling, brightness, shadow details, sharpness, uniformity, color, and it still has twice the native contrast of Epson's 6010 projector anyway. It's probably sharper, so for someone like me who uses a projector for computer gaming, it should be a worthwhile tradeoff. If only I could sell off the 3D part of it! Maybe I can get a good deal through AVS, who knows.

Brand loyalty only hurts ya- like when I stuck with Sega Consoles in the 90s, investing in a Saturn while my friends were enjoying all their wonderful N64 games

#182 ·
Maybe this is true but why is it you can still pre order this projector on epson japan's website? Does anyone know the credibility of this site and don't you think that at the least there would be a formal statement and apology on epson Japan's website first instead of some German website. Seems a little questionable but nonetheless I don't think I'll be waiting any longer for this projector to be released and will be purchasing the Sony vplvw95es in the near future.

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameed /forum/post/21479247

Maybe this is true but why is it you can still pre order this projector on epson japan's website? Does anyone know the credibility of this site and don't you think that at the least there would be a formal statement and apology on epson Japan's website first instead of some German website. Seems a little questionable but nonetheless I don't think I'll be waiting any longer for this projector to be released and will be purchasing the Sony vplvw95es in the near future.

It IS possible that the the quote about the EH-R4000 model (61000) on the German site was an OLD post from last year when the projector never showed up because of QC issues. I'm not convinced yet that the quote is for THIS YEAR'S model that is supposedly being released soon.

But as I said before, even IF the 61000 is released, I believe it will be VERY limited and you would be very lucky to get a model. I doubt there will be any mass distribution at all this year.

#184 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 /forum/post/21478969

What does a failure to timely deliver a new technolgy product have to do with deciding whether to chose a new year's existing technology based machine from them? Suppose it is a quality control issue having something to do with producing a new type chip. I'd rather they didn't bring it out knowing there would be problems or pruct performance variability to end users rather than launching delivery prematurely.

From reading his posts, I thought Ric had a sour taste in his mouth with Epson.

#187 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21479579

It IS possible that the the quote about the EH-R4000 model (61000) on the German site was an OLD post from last year when the projector never showed up because of QC issues. I'm not convinced yet that the quote is for THIS YEAR'S model that is supposedly being released soon.

No. The post is dated December 17, 2011. Also it discusses this year's new models including the Epson TW6000 and TW9000, so it's pretty clear it's from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 /forum/post/21479998

I just listened to a podcast recorded today from CES from Art of ProjectorReviews.com

Thanks. I looked on the site and you can also listen to the soundbites directly here .

Quote:
and he states Epson told him the 61000 will be released sometime during first half of 2012.

What a frakking joke. I'm so glad I bought a discounted Sony HW20 months ago.

#188 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo /forum/post/21479982

From reading his posts, I thought Ric had a sour taste in his mouth with Epson.

I am extremely disappointed in how Epson Japan has handled their 3LCD Reflective projectors. Specifically, they should NOT have promoted a projector that was NOT YET VIABLE.

That said, I have been very pleased with the Epson projector that I currently have. They have the best warranty and customer service of any of their competitors. Their "viable" projectors have consistently gotten outstanding reviews for PQ and features.

So, although I'm sour about the 61000, I am still positive about their other projectors and will look at replacing my Epson with another Epson.

#189 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite /forum/post/21481243

I am extremely disappointed in how Epson Japan has handled their 3LCD Reflective projectors. Specifically, they should NOT have promoted a projector that was NOT YET VIABLE.

That said, I have been very pleased with the Epson projector that I currently have. They have the best warranty and customer service of any of their competitors. Their "viable" projectors have consistently gotten outstanding reviews for PQ and features.

So, although I'm sour about the 61000, I am still positive about their other projectors and will look at replacing my Epson with another Epson.

I prefer to look on the bright side. Based on the delay I assume the pricing will only continue to drop. Thus making this PJ, when and if it appears, probably a great bang for the buck.

In the meantime, I'm still looking for a PJ in the 61000 estimated price range that has motorized lens shift and zoom, and memory capability for zooming for a 2:35 screen. Thus far, the 61000 is it. So until something similar appears, I'm waiting patiently.

#190 ·
I definitely got a good deal on the Sony VW95 from AVS. Good service afterward as well. I moved from an Epson 8500ub to the 95, and am very happy. The Sony has plenty of contrast, and even better for me, zero iris noise and low fan noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx /forum/post/21479180

At this rate I'm probably going to go with the Sony VPL-VW95ES.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...0&d=1322592300

Even though it's $2,000 more and has about half the native contrast, it seems to be the most well-rounded as far as motion handling, brightness, shadow details, sharpness, uniformity, color, and it still has twice the native contrast of Epson's 6010 projector anyway. It's probably sharper, so for someone like me who uses a projector for computer gaming, it should be a worthwhile tradeoff. If only I could sell off the 3D part of it! Maybe I can get a good deal through AVS, who knows.

Brand loyalty only hurts ya- like when I stuck with Sega Consoles in the 90s, investing in a Saturn while my friends were enjoying all their wonderful N64 games

#191 ·
The gentleman in the clip linked below spoke to an Epson rep at CES who said that the 61000 is still coming and should be released in the first half of the year. So, what do you think they'll say in June when it's not out yet? I don't think this information is official at all. It's just an Epson rep speculating.

(Click on the Epson at CES link at the following site)

http://www.spreaker.com/page#!/show/..._news_from_ces

#192 ·
I'm sure no one outside of Japan has any idea on what's happening with this projector. Also, they went and said the first HALF of the year, rather than quarter, which is a wider berth than has been given for this projector's release projections up til now, meaning they probably have very little encouraging info on its progress.

At the very least, people holding out for the 61000 should consider getting a used projector for the interim.

#196 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyriderr /forum/post/0

Another one bites the dust, I'm going to go for a JVCx30 only thing is I have to wait for this projector too as it's not released in Australia yet also.

Look into the sony line-up, they're pretty good and the warranty is better, 3years in north America and Europe and maybe the same in Australia. I'm very happy with picture quality and blacks are pretty black.

Read some of the forums, that's what led me to my purchase.

#198 ·
Just purchased the Epson Pro Cinema 6010 from Theater Design Center near Salt Lake City, Utah. Great service and price there. I was surprised just how many of these projectors they move - over 80 in the last month. They're one of the top Epson dealers in the United States.

Also picked up an Oppo bdp-93 BD player and will be getting the Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver. Bought a few pair of the Monster Vison Max 3D glasses to go along with the two Epson glasses with the projector.

I would have probably preferred the 61000, but I reached my limit on waiting this round. We'll see what's available in 3-4 years when my next upgrade is due. I would expect 4K and glasses free 3D and at least a 1 million to 1 contrast ratio in projectors at the 5K price point.

It's too bad Epson couldn't get the 61000 viable within the last 16 months. They had a lot of followers patiently waiting for it. Maybe it's for the best because it sounds buggy. Maybe they need another couple years to perfect the technology. Then they can also add 4k and 3D. Until then, I'll make due and be happy with what I have.

#200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameed /forum/post/21491475

Look into the sony line-up, they're pretty good and the warranty is better, 3years in north America and Europe and maybe the same in Australia. I'm very happy with picture quality and blacks are pretty black.

Read some of the forums, that's what led me to my purchase.

Yeah I looked at the Sony but they are about $2000 over my budget at least here in Australia.

"ricwhite" is quite right about the 6010 (Aust tw9000) being a very popular model, I know of a group buy I was going to participate in generated over $100,000 and counting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.