AVS Forum banner

Elder Scrolls V

158K views 3K replies 191 participants last post by  s1njin 
#1 ·
#2,306 ·
OK, I am starting to really get pissed off with the glitches...spoilered since it involves the main quest.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I had gotten to the step to learn dragon rend, went to the throat, read the scroll, learned the shout, came back to our time and saved the game (before fighting alduin). I shut off the xbox and went to bed. The next day I log on to fight Alduin and he is stuck way up in the air...multiple reloads did not help. I had to go back 1 hour of gameplay and repeat it all to get there again and fight him. Then I go to Dragonreach and trap the dragon. Upon letting him go from the trap, the damn Jarl and Wizard jump him and he goes agressive, and I cannot bring him out of that mode. I saved right before his fight, so we shall see if I can get this part unbugged.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind and loved them, but good god I don't think either of those had half the bugs this game does. I have a love/hate relationship with it right now. I love the game to death, it is a ton of fun, but the bugs/glitches make me want to throw my controller through the wall.

Dustin

#2,307 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/21523156

Place another custom marker. It will ask if you want to remove the old marker, move it to the new location, or cancel and keep the old marker.

Great! Thanks.

#2,308 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner /forum/post/21523187

OK, I am starting to really get pissed off with the glitches...spoilered since it involves the main quest.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I had gotten to the step to learn dragon rend, went to the throat, read the scroll, learned the shout, came back to our time and saved the game (before fighting alduin). I shut off the xbox and went to bed. The next day I log on to fight Alduin and he is stuck way up in the air...multiple reloads did not help. I had to go back 1 hour of gameplay and repeat it all to get there again and fight him. Then I go to Dragonreach and trap the dragon. Upon letting him go from the trap, the damn Jarl and Wizard jump him and he goes agressive, and I cannot bring him out of that mode. I saved right before his fight, so we shall see if I can get this part unbugged.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind and loved them, but good god I don't think either of those had half the bugs this game does. I have a love/hate relationship with it right now. I love the game to death, it is a ton of fun, but the bugs/glitches make me want to throw my controller through the wall.

Dustin

I've had a couple lock-ups, but no other issues. Maybe I'm just not as far down the main quest as you.

Good luck.

#2,310 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n /forum/post/21516418

#1 You need to do the mission for the guy that runs the museum then you get free pass.

#2Why cant you use the house of horror's abandoned house to dump your loot?

I did the mission for Calcemo, on the 1st game save. Still when I got to the second part of the Museum, the guards come after me. I'm getting ready to do it again. Just going to make enough $ to move to Solitude. I've done all I can do in Markarth anyways.

I am testing that abandoned house to see if my gear stays, but that's not really a home, no bed, no cooking, no option to buy furnishings, and it's nasty and smokey. If I'm going to have a home base, it should at least be enjoyable to look at and stay in. Not something that I'd want to avoid!

EDIT: I just dug around. You have to be Level 20 to get the invite for the home, my bad. Also found that the trespassing violation is listed as a bug. Hope it's fixed with that patch.

#2,311 ·
#2,312 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPAYNEoo /forum/post/21526061

I did the mission for Calcemo, on the 1st game save. Still when I got to the second part of the Museum, the guards come after me. I'm getting ready to do it again. Just going to make enough $ to move to Solitude. I've done all I can do in Markarth anyways.

When you say that you are entering the second part of the museum, are you sure you are not actually entering Calcemo's lab (which I think you get to through the museum)? You are not "allowed" in Calcemo's lab and will be attacked by the guards. I went in anyway. Since they are not city guards you don't acquire a bounty for killing them.

#2,314 ·
I never thought my favorite XBOX game would be one in which I pick flowers, chase butterflies, and attend a poetry recital.

...just saying.

#2,315 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke /forum/post/0

I never thought my favorite XBOX game would be one in which I pick flowers, chase butterflies, and attend a poetry recital.

...just saying.

But its still pretty hard to progress in the game without a healthy dose of murder.

...just saying.

#2,316 ·
is so frakkin enormous! I put in 80 some odd hours to Fallout 3 and felt pretty satisfied on my completeness of it. I am scared to look at how much time ive put in so far and I bet there is at least 2x the time I would need to dedicate to feel the completeness I felt after putting down F3. Wow.

BTW one of the most amazing game experiences I've had in gaming. The breadth, scope, depth of the world is mind blowing....

#2,318 ·
I would take a game half the size for a more intertwined story, and more worldly impact from the things the character does. It really is disjointed at times.

Having said that, I could restart a character 4-5 times and never enter the same cave, ruin, dungeon or even townhold if I wanted.

#2,320 ·
Wow, Shadowmere is an awesome horse. Pitch black with red eyes, and the only horse in the game that is indestructable unless it falls off a cliff (if it goes down in battle it is just unconscious and stands up after the battle).

It is also the fastest horse in the game and can actually climb mountains that the player can't. It actually killed an ancient dragon for me. I was waiting for my magic to recharge and Shadowmere kicked the dragon and killed it.

If you put health potions in Shadowmere's inventory it will actually use them in battle. It has a very rapid HP recovery too.

I got the thing awhile back and never really expiremented with it. I tried it the other day when I was just out goofing around. Best horse in the game hands down.

#2,322 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR /forum/post/21541105

Wow, Shadowmere is an awesome horse. Pitch black with red eyes, and the only horse in the game that is indestructable unless it falls off a cliff (if it goes down in battle it is just unconscious and stands up after the battle).

It is also the fastest horse in the game and can actually climb mountains that the player can't. It actually killed an ancient dragon for me. I was waiting for my magic to recharge and Shadowmere kicked the dragon and killed it.

If you put health potions in Shadowmere's inventory it will actually use them in battle. It has a very rapid HP recovery too.

I got the thing awhile back and never really expiremented with it. I tried it the other day when I was just out goofing around. Best horse in the game hands down.

Where can you get this horse? Cost?

Over 50 hours in and still loving this game! Was going through some temple last night and wound up in this HUGE open area with GIGANTIC mushrooms growing in spots........what a trip!

#2,323 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/0

Over 50 hours in and still loving this game! Was going through some temple last night and wound up in this HUGE open area with GIGANTIC mushrooms growing in spots........what a trip!

I know exactly what place you're talking about. Blew my mind when I first got there.

#2,325 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mappleby285 /forum/post/21541355

Where should Lydia's corpse be? I'm pretty sure she got killed in a dragon fight. Couldn't find her corpse anywhere but she hasn't followed me around for a while and she isn't in my house in Whiterun. She is carrying a bunch of valuable stuff I would like to get back.

I think you're SOL. This is one of the quibbles I have with the game. It needs a much better way via the map or graphics to show where dead companions and NPCs are. I've also had companions die in strange situations and had trouble finding their bodies. And few things work me up as much as having my Dremora Lord go off and kill some NPCs with possible decent loot in the woods and the bodies are hidden somewhere in the foilage and impossible to find.

Got my first horse at 100 hours in. I refused to pay for one but 'earned' Frost at the end of a mission. Now he magically appears all over the place.

Went to Maraketh (sp) for the first time. I'm 100 hours in, just got to Maraketh, and have never been to Pale, Solitude, etc. This game is going to never end....which is good and bad. Thankfully more good.

I have my first broken quest also, thankfully a Misc one but really annoying. Vilkas gave me the worst quest, find an escaped prisoner outside Whiterun. Of course he is nowhere to be found. I gave up and then 20 or so hours later realized that the quest went to my closed section of the menu with the diamond still unchecked. And of course the Companions say they can't give me new missions because the old one is still open. So they're borked.

Any idea how we handle the stray dogs? One appeared to be following me and then he disappeared. Now he randomly pops up outside Whiterun barking like mad but I can't click him to follow me or the like.

I really hope in any sequel they fix Dragon AI/difficulty. At level 47 they are extremely easy to kill. Oftentimes when they land my companion and Dremora Lord conjuration have already gotten it down to 50% health by the time I roll into the fight. And few things piss me off more than a dragon roaring and flying around us but refusing to land, which happens more often than not. Wimps.

#2,328 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mappleby285 /forum/post/21541355

Where should Lydia's corpse be? I'm pretty sure she got killed in a dragon fight. Couldn't find her corpse anywhere but she hasn't followed me around for a while and she isn't in my house in Whiterun. She is carrying a bunch of valuable stuff I would like to get back.

You need to look around the area where she died.

Whenever I finish a dragon fight in town I always look around to see who got killed.

Svens dead body is still sitting at the end of the Blacksmiths shop. Evertime I go to town they wonder what happened and gather around his dead body. One of the gaurds asked me "you, do you know what happned here" but I didnt have the option to say "sure, he was killed by a dragon like a month ago".

#2,329 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/21541263

Will put it in spoilers just in case, but just so everyone knows, it is just how to get ShadowMere the all black horse with red eyes that is nearly indestructable.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) You have to almost complete the dark brotherhood quests. Near the end your reward will be the horse. You step out of the cave and something really cool happens, won't ruin it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.