AVS Forum banner

More problems with Elemental Designs

3K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  MarvelousMarvin 
#1 ·
I'm very conflicted writing this, as when I do manage to make contact with Elemental Designs they are apologetic and friendly on the phone, but enough is enough.

About two weeks before thanksgiving, we talked to Elemental Designs. My father and I asked Alex specifically if he was able to commit to a seven channel order of the edc6 speakers with the upgraded compression driver and if we could get them by thanksgiving. He reassured us that it was absolutely possible - we were very specific; if he could not deliver by Thanksgiving, than we would not place the order. He assured us it wasn't a problem and we placed the couple thousand dollar order.

Up until a couple of days before thanksgiving, he kept telling us we were right on track. We spent big money getting everything else ready for our Thanksgiving party theater opening. Then we get an email from him saying that he cannot deliver them by Thanksgiving.

After telling him that was unacceptable, we worked out a compromise where they would overnight us the center and 2 fronts and we would split the overnight shipping. We paid a couple of hundred dollars more out of our own pocket for this.

When the speakers arrived, they were packaged terribly and the center channel was DOA. I'm not exaggerating when I say that inside the box was literally random peices of broken styrofoam haphazardly thrown in the box with the center channel in it. The center channel was so damaged that two screws had popped out of the horn.

We talked with Alex and he agreed to ship is a new center channel. This took longer than he said it would, but eventually it came in.

So thanksgiving goes by, and the new deadline is Christmas. Alex offers to build us a subwoofer isolation platform to make up for it. Of course, once Christmas approaches Alex informs us that the speakers will not be ready once again. He offers to send two more speakers in an upgraded finish. We declined the upgraded finish because it would not match our front speakers.

Sure enough, when the two more speakers come in they are the upgraded finish. Great, now we have mismatching speakers.

Now, Alex is not returning multiple emails, we STILL do not have our final two speakers, we have mismatched speakers, and a dead center channel that we have to ship back. And we also do not have the isolation platform OR the promised shipping refund that he gave.

This is completely unacceptable. If anyone from Elemental Designs sees this, how are you going to fix it? At this point, we need the remaining two speakers in the upgraded finish (we are not unmounting and sending back the upgraded ones, so the new ones have to match too), the isolation platform, and the promised shipping refund.

I have been hesitating to take this public, but I've had enough "promises" go by where I feel I have no choice. We are still out a significant amount of money at present.

I understand that ED is a small company, but you know what? So is Seaton Sound. We ordered a Submersive HP at the same time we ordered the ED speakers and got it less than a week later and received excellent service the whole time. There is a proper way to run a business, and ED is not doing it.

See less See more
#29 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 /forum/post/21512899

I suspect he is busy running Dwolla!

Alex has absolutely nothing to do with Dwolla.

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak /forum/post/21540521

Follow up. I received an email from ED's rma group apologizing for the delay and have sent out my amp along with a tracking number. They also repaired it for free as it was out of warranty. Nice gesture and i hope the can get things back on track for everyone else.

Wow, you sent it back November and its almost February... nice gesture? That's more of like an insult to you than a nice gesture.

I had a problem with an Emotiva product, called them, they gave me an RMA number, sent it to them (no paperwork to fill out, by the way) and four days later I got the unit back like it was brand new. They did apologize for the problem and promised me it will be repaired and shipped back to me as soon as possible... four days from the time I shipped it to them for repairs... now that's what I call a nice gesture.

#31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp /forum/post/21522507

I ordered a center channel stand 3 or so weeks ago to kind of test the waters since I'm considering an eD 5.0 set of speakers.

I'm going to go ahead and cancel my order and look elsewhere for my speakers, probably JTR although that will mean saving up a bit more.

I called a few days ago and Alex said that the stand will be sent out Thursday (tomorrow), it that happens I won't cancel.

He called me yesterday to say they were still on schedule.

I know a stand is no big deal, but I wanted to see how this went before I though about buying eD speakers since I have read so many negative posts when it comes to shipping delays etc.

#32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 /forum/post/21508166

We've called ED numerous times. Someone always answers, sometimes Alex, sometimes other people. The last time I called, I was told Alex was in a meeting and would call me back. He never did.

The thing is, talking on the phone does no good. It always goes the same way. Alex is courteous and respectful, makes a new shipping deadline and some other appeasement promise, but we still don't have the entire product we ordered.

So, any updates on your issues?

#33 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3  /t/1387850/more-problems-with-elemental-designs#post_21506449

I'm very conflicted writing this, as when I do manage to make contact with Elemental Designs they are apologetic and friendly on the phone, but enough is enough.

About two weeks before thanksgiving, we talked to Elemental Designs. My father and I asked Alex specifically if he was able to commit to a seven channel order of the edc6 speakers with the upgraded compression driver and if we could get them by thanksgiving. He reassured us that it was absolutely possible - we were very specific; if he could not deliver by Thanksgiving, than we would not place the order. He assured us it wasn't a problem and we placed the couple thousand dollar order.

Up until a couple of days before thanksgiving, he kept telling us we were right on track. We spent big money getting everything else ready for our Thanksgiving party theater opening. Then we get an email from him saying that he cannot deliver them by Thanksgiving.

After telling him that was unacceptable, we worked out a compromise where they would overnight us the center and 2 fronts and we would split the overnight shipping. We paid a couple of hundred dollars more out of our own pocket for this.

When the speakers arrived, they were packaged terribly and the center channel was DOA. I'm not exaggerating when I say that inside the box was literally random peices of broken styrofoam haphazardly thrown in the box with the center channel in it. The center channel was so damaged that two screws had popped out of the horn.

We talked with Alex and he agreed to ship is a new center channel. This took longer than he said it would, but eventually it came in.

So thanksgiving goes by, and the new deadline is Christmas. Alex offers to build us a subwoofer isolation platform to make up for it. Of course, once Christmas approaches Alex informs us that the speakers will not be ready once again. He offers to send two more speakers in an upgraded finish. We declined the upgraded finish because it would not match our front speakers.

Sure enough, when the two more speakers come in they are the upgraded finish. Great, now we have mismatching speakers.

Now, Alex is not returning multiple emails, we STILL do not have our final two speakers, we have mismatched speakers, and a dead center channel that we have to ship back. And we also do not have the isolation platform OR the promised shipping refund that he gave.

This is completely unacceptable. If anyone from Elemental Designs sees this, how are you going to fix it? At this point, we need the remaining two speakers in the upgraded finish (we are not unmounting and sending back the upgraded ones, so the new ones have to match too), the isolation platform, and the promised shipping refund.

I have been hesitating to take this public, but I've had enough "promises" go by where I feel I have no choice. We are still out a significant amount of money at present.

I understand that ED is a small company, but you know what? So is Seaton Sound. We ordered a Submersive HP at the same time we ordered the ED speakers and got it less than a week later and received excellent service the whole time. There is a proper way to run a business, and ED is not doing it.

Updates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.