AVS Forum banner
192K views 2K replies 293 participants last post by  colonel7 
#1 ·
It's been around $4200-4300 on Amazon and the like for some weeks now. Apparently BB sold it to $3999 to a few lucky folks some time ago.

With CES here I wanted to start this thread to monitor price changes to this bad boy.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody /forum/post/21467347

Guessing that the new 80" will street for $5200 on day 1. $4999 after the first batch of pre orders ships. We'll see...

If you can wait for the 90 inch Sharp tv's to be introduced in June or July of this year (per Chad B) then the prices should be even lower. It seems to me that there has been and usually is a premium price to pay when the set you want is the largest available. However if Chad's info is correct then the 80 will not be the biggest. good luck...

#7 ·

so the current one should start to see some reductions.

Yes, especially the 80 inch Sharp's. Note that the new lc-80le844u has 3d and a new 249hz panel. Yet it has about the same msrp as the current 80 inch sharp models. It seems to me that they have to drop the prices of the current set without these features. Note however, that this will probably occur after the new ones come out. (scheduled for April) However, since they will still be the largest sized sets (reasonably priced ones) there will still be a premium price charged. However, once the 90 inch ones are released (scheduled for July) they will then have the premium attached to them for being the largest sets available again allowing a reduction for the 80 inch Sharp's.

#10 ·
Bummed that there hasn't been more/faster price compression on these since the announcement of the 3D model. I still don't know what my buyitnow price is but I'd still be happy if the price fell further

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody /forum/post/21539274

Yup I'm talking sub 4k. Figured we'd hit 3500 not long after CES. I think cost is 3k so there's room here.

after the super bowl it should drop & later this spring even more

Paul's charges CA state taxes . so I'm waiting on Amazon to sell this Direct ,no reseller

#15 ·
I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 632 this weekend. Costco has it for 1848.... I will have it calibrated by Chad.

Thing is I cant see spending OVer 1000 more for 3d and Quatron and 240hz that isnt even used after all the calibrating. You can basically almost own another panel for the cost difference.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 /forum/post/21543082

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 632 this weekend. Costco has it for 1848.... I will have it calibrated by Chad.

Thing is I cant see spending OVer 1000 more for 3d and Quatron and 240hz that isnt even used after all the calibrating. You can basically almost own another panel for the cost difference.

I like the fact that this display is only 2D,Not a 240 & Not a quatron...

Just waiting on the prices to drop

I have a 60" 88UN now The Last CFFL that Sharp made & its a Non-Quatron & I love it.

BUT 80" I Need That !!

Wifey says she don't want the 60" in the bedroom to replace the 46"

Soo might just add the 60" to my computer room & use as a monitor there

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody /forum/post/21548169

Damn. Was amazon itself the seller or someone else? May be able to go to them directly.

That was a reseller , they had one in the early afternoon when I checked .

that all good news .. after the Super bowl & the sellers restock ,I'm sure we see price drops come late spring ..

#26 ·
That really was a great deal. Re stock though, I wonder if they really are at the store, or if they are held (but allocated) at some kind of distribution center? If the latter, then location of store may not be the origin of shipment.

#27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody /forum/post/21551805

That really was a great deal. Re stock though, I wonder if they really are at the store, or if they are held (but allocated) at some kind of distribution center? If the latter, then location of store may not be the origin of shipment.

High Definition Store e-mailed me a quote of $4,379.99

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.