AVS Forum banner

Indiana Jones Trilogy

114K views 1K replies 197 participants last post by  JKR1963 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Good news. We get

One of the best movies ever made, Raiders.

A decent movie, Last Crusade.

And one of the worst movies made, Doom.

I swore I'd never pay money for Temple of Doom, and that I would shoot Kate Capshaw on sight. I pray for single movies so that I might honor that pledge. Unless someone can take out Capshaw for me, then I could let a 3-pack release purchase slide...

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 /forum/post/21550106

Good news. We get

One of the best movies ever made, Raiders.

A decent movie, Last Crusade.

And one of the worst movies made, Doom.

I swore I'd never pay money for Temple of Doom, and that I would shoot Kate Capshaw on sight. I pray for single movies so that I might honor that pledge. Unless someone can take out Capshaw for me, then I could let a 3-pack release purchase slide...

Wow. I absolutely LOVE TOD. In fact, in a lot of ways, I like it more than LC. At least it was original.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank /forum/post/21550255

You guys are looking at this all wrong. At least this set doesn't include the horrendous Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

It's not as bad as Temple of Doom. Yeah, I said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/21550170

Not a chance I'll buy the trilogy.

Only the first 2 are worth buying...

The third is a pretty good movie. How anyone could truly enjoy the second movie as anything other than an incredibly guilty pleasure left over from their childhood is a true mystery.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank /forum/post/21550255

You guys are looking at this all wrong. At least this set doesn't include the horrendous Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

One man's movie junk is another man's movie treasure so I will not even comment on Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I will say that, IMHO , it has a very good sound track (good use of surrounds, LFE, etc.) It also has that great Amazing Life THX® trailer before the movie.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/21550562

Wow. I absolutely LOVE TOD. In fact, in a lot of ways, I like it more than LC. At least it was original.

Same here. TOD is a great ride. Love the cinematography and art direction. And Williams score is one of his best.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/21552394

The focus of the 3rd movie was, at the very least, grating:
"Dad....Dad....DAD!"

"Junior....Junior...JUNIOR?"

Ad nauseum...

but the german chick is still hot

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/21554229

Why is that the only link with this news, why are no other sites reporting this?

That site used to be zonadvd. They are the premiere Blu site for spain. They're extremely reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.