AVS Forum banner
975K views 8K replies 994 participants last post by  Brian2109 
#1 ·
I've been hanging out here for couple of months and I did not see an official thread for Aperion. I have heard so much about them, and they are all positive. I currently own Athena Point5 and Mirage S12, but thinking to upgrade to Aperions.

I find very few Aperion threads scattered here and thought will start an official one.

I am planning to get 633T/634VAC and 534 SS next year and working on my budget. Any info's on Aperions would be great

#5,853 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG /forum/post/21660613

Yes, of course I use the full screen. I was also told by the manufacturer (DaLite) that the tensioning system works best when the screen is fully unrolled...and they strongly suggest not re-configuring it by too much.

As far as the side speakers go...certainly no where for the left speaker to go...there's a wall, and the screen. Done. They are more than 16" or so off the back wall (notice the subwoofer is behind the screen, and the front of the VGTs are actually slightly ahead of the screen)

You may consider building a small riser for your VGC and then carpeting it with the same carpet. That, plus the feet things that come with the speaker should allow you to angle it nicely towards the listener. Then, you can make it the exact size you need vs trying to find a stand. Many center stands come in different sizes, though, so that may still be an option.

EDIT...here's an example of what I mean from another forum member:

#5,854 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger That /forum/post/21661586

You may consider building a small riser for your VGC...

Yep, did that this morning. Re-purposed a pair of bookshelf stands...Cut them way down to the precise size that I needed, and reassembled. I'll post a pic ASAP...but the center sounds quite a bit better...time to run YPAO again. :)

-Kevin

#5,855 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger That /forum/post/21661586

You may consider building a small riser for your VGC and then carpeting it with the same carpet. That, plus the feet things that come with the speaker should allow you to angle it nicely towards the listener. Then, you can make it the exact size you need vs trying to find a stand. Many center stands come in different sizes, though, so that may still be an option.

EDIT...here's an example of what I mean from another forum member:

Nice set-up. What speakers are these? And the sub? Wow, that's huge!

#5,859 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG /forum/post/21663812

Yep, did that this morning. Re-purposed a pair of bookshelf stands...Cut them way down to the precise size that I needed, and reassembled. I'll post a pic ASAP...but the center sounds quite a bit better...time to run YPAO again. :)

-Kevin

Okay, here are the pics of the new center speaker stand:

The nice part about making my own stand is that I was able to make it *exactly* the right height. Works well.

-Kevin

#5,862 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXRacer /forum/post/21658797

I have the VGT, VGC, VS, and HSU VTF-15H...

The setup is AWESOME for home theater!!!!! Can't get any better!!! My issue I have is hunting down all the rattles and squeaks coming from the house... But the sound quality is amazing!! You can't get a better sub unless you want to spend twice the money with an entry level JL Fathom or 12 times as much with a JL Gotham.

I highly recommend the Verus Grands and the HSU VTF!!!

Excellent, glad to hear you are enjoying the set up!

Those like Dali Helicons to me and of course the SVS PB13-Ultra. I had the pleasure of hearing two Ultras in a system before, it was indeed insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG /forum/post/21672537

Okay, here are the pics of the new center speaker stand:

The nice part about making my own stand is that I was able to make it *exactly* the right height. Works well.

-Kevin

Awesome, good team work everyone on helping Kevin out!

#5,864 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks /forum/post/0

I wish I could help but we haven't had any even in open box for quite some time.

Hicks let me know if you see any. I was thinking maybe someone would trade them in for verus ones or something?

I would then use my 4bp's for rears in a 7.1. What do you think about that? Or would i be better off keeping the bp's as sides and get some 4b's for rears?

#5,865 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 /forum/post/21679746

Hicks let me know if you see any. I was thinking maybe someone would trade them in for verus ones or something?

I would then use my 4bp's for rears in a 7.1. What do you think about that? Or would i be better off keeping the bp's as sides and get some 4b's for rears?

I will but there is very little chance I will ever see them again, the last pair sold just happened to be one year ago yesterday so the one year trade up window on these is officially closed.

Also the Verus Surrounds are actually $90 less than the 5DBs were (Aperion looking out for the little guy again!
) so techincally they wouldn't even qualify for a trade up to the VSS.

#5,867 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 /forum/post/21683961

Hicks, any chance of having a sub promo on the 10 or 12d similar to the 8d? Or is there a discount on the 10 or 12 inch subs for buying 2?

Thanks

Gene

Probably not on the 12s since we are so far out of stock, but if you give me a call we could probably work out something for a 10D package.

Thanks!

#5,870 ·
Hi, I am new to this Forum and decided to join to see if any Aperion speaker owner's can help.

I purchased a 7.1 speaker package from Aperion Audio during 07/09, which includes a Bravus 12D - Dual Driver Powered Subwoofer.

Until recently the speakers have performed admirably.

However, now the 12D subwoofer exhibits a background low noise rumble even when all of my HT gear (receiver, etc.) is powered off.

From what I have read at the Aperion forum's this is a known problem w/the 12D, which may be related to the sub's amp.

What I'd like to know is if anyone else has experienced a similar problem with their Aperion sub, what the resolution was, can this speaker be repaired and is it still covered under warranty?

Unfortunately, I ordered my speakers w/the cherry finish and Aperion does not seem to offer this option anymore.

Any help/feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

#5,871 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb /forum/post/21728862

However, now the 12D subwoofer exhibits a background low noise rumble even when all of my HT gear (receiver, etc.) is powered off.

Have you contacted Aperion?

#5,873 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9179mhb /forum/post/21728862

Any help/feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Definitely contact Aperion, but it also sounds like it could possibly be ground loops too. Not sure if anything changed about the time the hum/rumble started, but the normal suspects would be junk coming in your cable TV line, dimmer controls, or a bad ground connection outside. To troubleshoot, you can try to disconnect cable TV at wall, check; disconnect all inputs to sub, check; then try a ground buster adapter at plug (removes ground from sub's power cord line). Note: The cheater plug should really not be the long term fix, it would only be masking a bigger problem. Good luck.

#5,874 ·
Since my HT setup has not changed during the past two years, I doubt the noise is related to a ground loop issue.

If I power off/on the sub or change its settings to mute/auto the noise stops, but as soon as the sub receives a signal the background noise/rumble starts up again.

If I change the subs setting to on the rumble noise also starts.

From what I have read at the Aperion Audio Forum's it appears there may be an issue with the 12D's amp. This problem has been reported by other individuals who own a 12D sub.

#5,875 ·
Guys I currently have a onkyo 805 Ultra 2 reciever and the JBL venue series speakers......I'm In the process of planning a custom theater room, and I'm thinking of upgrading to the marantz 7005 and the aperion grand tower package and maybe the pb ultra 13...........my question is........is it worth the 5K+ for all of the that and will I hear a huge upgrade in sound?

#5,876 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone /forum/post/21744736

Guys I currently have a onkyo 805 Ultra 2 reciever and the JBL venue series speakers......I'm In the process of planning a custom theater room, and I'm thinking of upgrading to the marantz 7005 and the aperion grand tower package and maybe the pb ultra 13...........my question is........is it worth the 5K+ for all of the that and will I hear a huge upgrade in sound?

Hard to say, but at least in the case of the Aperion's, it's free to find out.

I have the grand towers paired with the svs pc ultra 13. I can recommend the pairing. ;-)

#5,877 ·
I would try the speaker upgrade first, without doing the AVR upgrade. As a fellow owner of an Onkyo 805, you should have plenty of power to sufficiently evaluate the speaker upgrade.

If you want to then audition the AVR upgrade, then so be it. When you make a bunch of upgrades at the same time, it is impossible to determine what particular piece of the upgrade is "what did it".