AVS Forum banner

"Ringer" on the CW

19K views 272 replies 44 participants last post by  Fastslappy 
#1 ·
I didn't see a thread about this new series that started tonight. I apologize if one exists already.

I thought the pilot was quite interesting. Looks like the plot could get intricate, but I am a sucker for serialized shows, so that's just how I like it. Buffy still looks good it seems too
. I will be watching for sure. Anyone else?

See less See more
#127 ·
Exactly... I know this type of show isn't everyone's cup of tea... but I think they are pulling all the rights strings so far.

Dropping in a bombshell or two, resolving one, then dropping in one more before the closing credits... and next week more of the same.

If they dragged stuff out, it would be stale. I do wonder how many more twists they have coming, because at the pace they are whipping through them, most shows would have spread out over several seasons some of the plots..

This show also probably lends itself well to IF it gets cancelled, they could probably wrap it up in a hurry to please the loyal fans.

#129 ·
wow...was thinking this ep. wasn't up to the brilliance of the last two when it threw me for a loop. Didn't see the "Wild Things" twist coming, I'm embarrased to admit. although in hindsight it seems obvious. Ringer has turned into the most enjoyable show on tv, who'd a thunk it?

#131 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21648687

wow...was thinking this ep. wasn't up to the brilliance of the last two when it threw me for a loop. Didn't see the "Wild Things" twist coming, I'm embarrased to admit. although in hindsight it seems obvious. Ringer has turned into the most enjoyable show on tv, who'd a thunk it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 /forum/post/21649349

LOL 0.3 rating.

I haven't seen the latest one yet, but when I saw last week's episode, especially the end, I was amazed that they went there. Yes, this is, in my opinion, really well-done television.

The ratings, on the other hand, are, as has been noted, pathetic. For the Feb sweeps: Last week, 0.5/1, this week, 0.3/1. Last week, 1.15 (2.9%) of 39.13 million viewers, this week, 1.07 (3.1%) of 34.62 Million.

I can hardly believe that this show is still on the air with such poor ratings. Of course, most of the CW shows are in the same general spot, ratings-wise. I wonder how long the CW will last. The last two weks, even Supernatural had 0.7/2 ratings. Ouch! Only Vampire Diaries is doing slightly better.

#132 ·
I finally got to watch my capture and noticed a big continuity error. She gets into the front seat of the limo, but at the next stop, she gets out of the rear seat. Oops.

The way it looks, at the moment, the daughter will end up having more money than her father

Other than little boo-boo, I too am loving this series.

#133 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/21650417

I finally got to watch my capture and noticed a big continuity error. She gets into the front seat of the limo, but at the next stop, she gets out of the rear seat. Oops.

The way this show has gone, how do you know it was a boo-boo? It might have been a plot point
Either way, good catch.

#134 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21651480

The way this show has gone, how do you know it was a boo-boo? It might have been a plot point
Either way, good catch.

I think it was only allowed to happen because of logistics. To shoot her getting out of the car would have required setting up cameras in the street. She needed to exit curbside.

#135 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/21652199

I think it was only allowed to happen because of logistics. To shoot her getting out of the car would have required setting up cameras in the street. She needed to exit curbside.

I get that. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bridget getting in the car and Siobhan getting out
On this show anything can happen.

#137 ·
You know... being the soap opera that this is... I'll throw something out there.

IF this show keeps doing what it has been doing...

Would anyone be surprised to find out that there is a triplet out there? Perhaps separated at birth so Bridgette/Siobhan doesn't know she exists?

Wouldn't that muck up things quite a bit if a third one showed up at some point!

#138 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/21656091

You know... being the soap opera that this is... I'll throw something out there.

IF this show keeps doing what it has been doing...

Would anyone be surprised to find out that there is a triplet out there? Perhaps separated at birth so Bridgette/Siobhan doesn't know she exists?

Wouldn't that muck up things quite a bit if a third one showed up at some point!

and her name is Dawn?

#139 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/21657831

and her name is Dawn?

ROTFL

Even though she is currently mucking up Gossip Girl.

#141 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/21658122

Or Kendall...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Anyone remember All My Children?

I humbly bow to the master-you topped me...hey, maybe Susan Lucci could play their mother?

#142 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/21658122

Or Kendall...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Anyone remember All My Children?

Never watched that "expletive deleted"
So, to me it doesn't count. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer does.

#143 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo /forum/post/21659629

Never watched that "expletive deleted"
So, to me it doesn't count. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer does.

Got to remember which show Sarah got the emmy for though
Thats why the AMC reference is so inspired. This show is so twisted it might have been the soap that got her the job,,,

#144 ·
Because MT worked with SMG on AMC, SMG suggested that the Dawn character go to MT.

So yes, the AMC gig got her the job.

#148 ·
Ok... finally watched this week.

They got me... well, they had me until the bathroom scene... the bathroom scene is where I began to see the twist coming.

Way back... I thought the twist was going to be that Juliet was raped and no one would believe her... but then everyone believed her... so I was rolling with it until the bathroom scene... and then I began to think... hey, I bet this was an elaborate scheme to extort and share money.

I give them credit for a good misdirect, though, that kept me on the hook the last few episodes.

I'm not easily fooled... but the way this show keeps twisting and turning, I can't stay ahead of all the twists and turns. I was on top, however, of it likely biting the ass of Henry for recommending his father-in-law invest in the company. That was telegraphed... so I knew that was going to be a problem.

#150 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid /forum/post/21666609

i saw that juliet-teacher subplot already... it was called "wild things"

Yeah, I referenced that 3 days ago. Which, to be fair Hd, I did kinda let the cat out of the bag, didn't I? Sorry-I'll use spoilers in the future...The twisted thing about the twist is it was so cliched, so obvious, so DUMB...and yet, so very, very sly...

#151 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi /forum/post/21661261

Ha.

Did anyone catch the line from Buffy/Angel in the last episode?

drawing a blank, which is extremely frustrating.I have a nagging suspicion I noticed something but it could be my imagination. Enlighten, please?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.