AVS Forum banner
5M views 57K replies 3K participants last post by  caper_1 
#1 ·
Unless I missed it I have noticed there is no thread for Energy owners so I thought I'd start one.

Just a place to discuss information about what line of speakers you have, what you use them for (ie music, HT etc) and what system you match them with. Its also great to hear about the different lines that Energy carry and am curious to hear what owners have to say (like the new Reference Connoisseur for instance).

I am currently running the Take 5 system with the e:XL-S10 sub. However I have recently purchased the Connoisseur Line including:

Fronts: C-3 Bookshelf

Center: C-C1 Center

Surround: C-R3's.

I run the Take's with a Onkyo TX-DS656 Receiver (soon to be replaced) and a Toshiba DVD player. New LCD to make the whole package complete soon..:)

So, post your Energy set-ups and opinions.

Thanks

See less See more
#37,981 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k /forum/post/21780121

Wow, awesome deal man! Would you mind sending me a PM of which location you bought from and possibly the managers name you spoke with incase my local FS needs further proof? When I click on your username you don't seem to have a pm option so thats why I'm asking here.

Ha, Ha, Ha.... I just checked your home theatre page. My best friend laughs at me, stating I want all the energies out there... looks like you might have me beat, or at least a tie.

Why do you need more. I think I have enough for an 11.2 system (5 RC70s, 3LCRs, 4 RCRs, 2 inwalls, 2 minis, and a take 5), plus another 5.1. BTW, I have 2 velodynes - also a steal.

What are your goals? Man, too much. We may want to start an energy therapy group.

PF

#37,982 ·
Those pictures where taken the weekend I moved all my speakers around started a rewire of all my equipment so it was chaotic.

However what do you mean by "re-arranging"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 /forum/post/21779376

Dude, I know your room is a mancave.... but damn! You need to do some housekeeping, wire management, re-arranging..... not to mention some DIY acoustic panels/bass traps will do more good for your room than more speakers/channels ever will!

#37,983 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/21768874

Awesome!!
. Please tell us more!

- have you installed the new 6W speakers up front? Or just the 6C's?

- was the install easy?

- how big of an improvement versus the takes?

I got everything installed last night!! The 6C heights included...only had time for a single Audy measure and quick listen. Will get it dialed in this weekend and take pics.

#37,984 ·
Alright gents stupid question but how much of a difference is the rc lcr compared to the v mini center? Id like a center that can dig to 80 at least . The v mini keeps getting 100hz by audyssey.

#37,985 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby06 /forum/post/21779824

Hey guys,I need some suggestions. I am currently using this setup and have been pleased with it.

Denon 1909 AVR

C300 Towers

C50 Surround

CC50 Center

Acoustic Audio Sub

I have just purchased a house and the towers will just take up to much space,so I need to replace them. Should I keep the other speakers and just replace the towers?If so what speakers?or get something like the Classic Take 5 that includes all new speakers? Suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

Here you go.....

Used - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-C-100...item35ba40ebc7

New - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Speak...item27c49f59f5

Just remember that unless you have shelfs or wall mounts for the fronts, you will need speaker stands, which will take up more space than the towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin /forum/post/21780975

Alright gents stupid question but how much of a difference is the rc lcr compared to the v mini center? Id like a center that can dig to 80 at least . The v mini keeps getting 100hz by audyssey.

2 words for you..... DO IT!

What are your other speakers? I forget. If you have all RCs, definitely get the RC-LCR. If you have veritas, get the V5.2C. They are similarly priced now at Vanns.

#37,986 ·

Quote:

I have both speakers. The RC LCR crushes the V Mini C (and the RC Mini CC from which the V Mini C was cloned) in every way--lower extension, higher clarity. It's a superior speaker in every sense. It's confusing and strange that the RC LCR can be had for less than twice the price of the V Mini C; it's easily worth more than twice as much.

#37,987 ·

Quote:

I had the RC mini CC and I could never get it lower than 100hz. My RC10s come in at 60hz.

Recently purchased the RC LCR, and placed in the same place with 25 hours of break in and I got it down to 40hz on the first run of Audyssey. Needless to say I bumped it up to 80hz.

So to answer your question, yes it will go to 80hz and then some.

#37,989 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin /forum/post/21781656

Ordered!

Good decision. Just make sure you give it break in time before you develop your opinions. When I first got mine, I was a little disappointed because it only sounded slightly better than the rc-mini center. But since its broken in, its no comparison.

I recently went back to hearing the mini-cc and its not even in the same league.

#37,991 ·
Oops didn't get waf. Got lectured

#37,993 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu /forum/post/0

But still getting it, right????

Hell yea!

Expected arrival march 20th

Just gotta figure out how to raise the tv 2.5 inches

Probably going to just use a 2x4 and paint it black lol

#37,994 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin /forum/post/21781986

Oops didn't get waf. Got lectured

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it a million more ... Its better to ask for forgiveness later than to ask for permission now!

#37,995 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby06 /forum/post/21779824

Hey guys,I need some suggestions. I am currently using this setup and have been pleased with it.

Denon 1909 AVR

C300 Towers

C50 Surround

CC50 Center

Acoustic Audio Sub

I have just purchased a house and the towers will just take up to much space,so I need to replace them. Should I keep the other speakers and just replace the towers?If so what speakers?or get something like the Classic Take 5 that includes all new speakers? Suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

well, the big questions are (1) are you happy with the sound of your C-series speakers and (2) what is your budget for upgrading?

I would definitely NOT downgrade to tiny sats like Take Classic unless you lower your expectations quite a bit. They cannot perform like full-sized speakers.

So, a few options for you:

1. if you like the C-series and just want to "downgrade" the towers, find a pair of C-100 or C-200 bookshelf speakers on the used market and call it a day.

2. if you want to upgrade, and can afford $550ish, get a pair of RC-10 and an RC-LCR center from Vann's, use the C-50's as surrounds, and sell the front 3 speakers you currently have.

3. if you want to go super low profile to keep the wife happy in the new house, you can get RC in-walls which are at a big discount right now. The RC6W would function great for your front 3 speakers, and only $99 shipped each: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bWB2ggi...rgy-RC-6W.html

#37,996 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfreud55 /forum/post/21780217

Ha, Ha, Ha.... I just checked your home theatre page. My best friend laughs at me, stating I want all the energies out there... looks like you might have me beat, or at least a tie.

Why do you need more. I think I have enough for an 11.2 system (5 RC70s, 3LCRs, 4 RCRs, 2 inwalls, 2 minis, and a take 5), plus another 5.1. BTW, I have 2 velodynes - also a steal.

What are your goals? Man, too much. We may want to start an energy therapy group.

PF

I think we have a tie.

I don't really need more, nor do I have a goal but if I can get them at that price I cannot allow myself to let them slip away. I'm sure I could find a spot for them, maybe a bedroom system, or as batpig has suggested to me in the past, a bathroom system.

#37,997 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/21782230

well, the big questions are (1) are you happy with the sound of your C-series speakers and (2) what is your budget for upgrading?

I would definitely NOT downgrade to tiny sats like Take Classic unless you lower your expectations quite a bit. They cannot perform like full-sized speakers.

So, a few options for you:

1. if you like the C-series and just want to "downgrade" the towers, find a pair of C-100 or C-200 bookshelf speakers on the used market and call it a day.

2. if you want to upgrade, and can afford $550ish, get a pair of RC-10 and an RC-LCR center from Vann's, use the C-50's as surrounds, and sell the front 3 speakers you currently have.

3. if you want to go super low profile to keep the wife happy in the new house, you can get RC in-walls which are at a big discount right now. The RC6W would function great for your front 3 speakers, and only $99 shipped each: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bWB2ggi...rgy-RC-6W.html

I am very happy with them. I'll look into the C100/C200,but I'm leaning towards the RC-10 and RC-LCR. since I'll end up selling the C300 and possibly the others,I'll just use that money then some to get the others.

#37,998 ·
good choice
the RC's are a nice step up from the C-series. If you like the C's you will LOVE the RC's, as they have a similar tonal balance but are much more refined and detailed, and the build quality is higher too. If you watch Vann's clearance center you can get even better deals on open box models from returns, they still will come with full warranty.

Note that the RC-LCR center is quite a bit bigger than your C-C50.

#37,999 ·
Well I went to FS after work today but they would not sell the RC70 for that price. The buy one get one free they said was a special promo and only applied to the current models. I tried to argue but no luck. They do have 4 in stock and will sell them at $399ea, which IMO is still a good deal, but nothing I'm going to jump on. Makes me sad.

#38,000 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/21783459

good choice
the RC's are a nice step up from the C-series. If you like the C's you will LOVE the RC's, as they have a similar tonal balance but are much more refined and detailed, and the build quality is higher too. If you watch Vann's clearance center you can get even better deals on open box models from returns, they still will come with full warranty.

Note that the RC-LCR center is quite a bit bigger than your C-C50.

I'll get the dimensions on the LCR,but the opening on the entertainment center where I have the center has a good height. It should be ok. Should I worry about the C50 doing the surround since I will be upgrading the fronts?