AVS Forum banner
1M views 16K replies 720 participants last post by  Canuck_TO 
#1 ·

Just bought the ES8000 from best buy. I called my local best buy to see if they had any, she said they have one each at 2 stores locally. I thought, oh ok they are probably show units but ill try anyway. I walked in at the perfect time. They got one in and just opened the box when I asked the guy if I could have it. All he did was cut the tape on the top of the box, the stand wasnt even removed yet (its on the top). He ended up selling it to me. Got some pics if anyone is interested.

Anyway. Im now selling my UN46B8500. Works graet, I have all original packaging and boxes. Im not sure what to sell it for yet. Even though the set is a couple years old, it has maybe a year (or less) worth of use because Ive been out of the country several times since i bought it.

#182 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 /forum/post/21784180

i agree with this too ,but not when someone put's me down.but still i agree in some ways.

There should be balance so potential owners and owners alike can get the full picture. But there are ways of saying things. I am very black and white so i can get a little abrupt at times but i try not to be rude. I also try to treat others as i wish to be treated. We are all in theory here for the same reason so falling out over trivial things (they are tvs at the end of the day) is a waste of energy.

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr /forum/post/21784219

There should be balance so potential owners and owners alike can get the full picture. But there are ways of saying things. I am very black and white so i can get a little abrupt at times but i try not to be rude. I also try to treat others as i wish to be treated. We are all in theory here for the same reason so falling out over trivial things (they are tvs at the end of the day) is a waste of energy.

u are 100 percent right ,its just a tv ,a cool looking on at best but at the end of the day a tv.i wish tho i can see the ES8000 but now were i live stores have not ,got any on stock nor on there store walls to show off yet ,from what i was told around my streets that store will be getting ES8000 in sometime next week they hope.

#184 ·
Well, I see the problem as if you have xyz tv and I consistantly post negative stuff about xyz tv, while ignoring the positive (or maybe in spite of the positive) it would irritate you ? right ? I want to know the good and bad about tv's, so I can make MY OWN informed decision, but I admit I do get angry with all the negative posts that I feel come from people just looking to put down the tv. I usually try to listen (read) posts from those who either work on, have or may/will be getting the particular tv. otherwise , Why would a person want to post on a tv they do not have, do not want, or never worked on ? And , how would they get any informamtion anyway ? I hate the

" I HEARD/READ IT" club people who continuously spew misinformation like vomit from a baby's mouth.

god bless

#185 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjd40 /forum/post/21784266

Well, I see the problem as if you have xyz tv and I consistantly post negative stuff about xyz tv, while ignoring the positive (or maybe in spite of the positive) it would irritate you ? right ? I want to know the good and bad about tv's, so I can make MY OWN informed decision, but I admit I do get angry with all the negative posts that I feel come from people just looking to put down the tv. I usually try to listen (read) posts from those who either work on, have or may/will be getting the particular tv. otherwise , Why would a person want to post on a tv they do not have, do not want, or never worked on ? And , how would they get any informamtion anyway ? I hate the

" I HEARD/READ IT" club people who continuously spew misinformation like vomit from a baby's mouth.

god bless

The plural of baby is babies.

Just kidding, please take no offence from that.

Aaron

#188 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr /forum/post/21784335

The plural of baby is babies.

Just kidding, please take no offence from that.

Aaron

no offense taken.

lol, actually babies is plural , i was saying baby's as in ownership as in tim's/kim's etc... mouth. anyway,lol.

god bless

#191 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic /forum/post/21784580

Does, or will, the fact that Samsung and Sony will be price fixing, starting next month, play into your decision about buying a tv? I was seriously considering Samsung this year until I found out about UPP.

It really depends what the street prices end up being.

The 65" model last year, I could buy for $3500 when it first come out. If this year's model streets over $4000, that's a non-starter for me. If it really retails for $4700, please, who are they kidding?.... Others will make different decisions.

#192 ·
Well I just pulled the trigger on a 55" myself from Amazon, should get it in next week. Now off to research BD players a little more. Was going to go with the new Samsung E6500 to keep it in the family, but I might want to go Panasonic or someone else to get the Amazon VOD, as I'm an Amazon Prime member too.

Wondering what the chance is of that being added to the Sammy apps, and/or what the 'cost' is in mixing brands between BD and TV. I know I'll lose a little bit of direct communication sort of functionality, but since I plan on using a universal remote anyway (Harmony One...although they don't have the commands for the new boxes last I checked) not sure that matters much to me. Plus everything will be on HDMI passthru via an AVR anyway.

(Yes, I know, this isn't the forum for the BD questions. I just posted here because the screenshots convinced me to just go for the ES8000).

#193 ·
I have the d8000 and 3 different bd players a bd-d5500 sammy, bdt-110 panny and lg bd-580 as well as a ps3. I find things alot easier to just have the sammy products together. I personally don't like the panny, but the lg 580 is the best one in my opinion. anyway try to keep them together, unless your going oppo then thats another story. The new samsung tv's do 2d-3d conversion really well so no need to duplicate it on the bd player, and they also have the cloud, disk to digital. At one point I am sure amazon app was on the sammy.

god bless

#194 ·
I know this is the es8000 thread but I also see some inquiring about other panels to consider. I wonder why no one has mentioned the WT from Panasonic? It seems that this panel may be a contender with competing black levels and since it has an IPS panel will have superior viewing angles. The motion interpolation if last years panels were any indicator will be very natural and inoffensive. Its web browsing interface should be very cool as well.

I know this wouldn't apply for those looking for larger but at 55 which seems to be the most popular in this thread thus far should be worth looking at.

#195 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/21784896

I know this is the es8000 thread but I also see some inquiring about other panels to consider. I wonder why no one has mentioned the WT from Panasonic? It seems that this panel may be a contender with competing black levels and since it has an IPS panel will have superior viewing angles. The motion interpolation if last years panels were any indicator will be very natural and inoffensive. Its web browsing interface should be very cool as well.

I know this wouldn't apply for those looking for larger but at 55 which seems to be the most popular in this thread thus far should be worth looking at.

It's new for Panasonic to even be in the mid 50s... So people haven't had a chance to know if the products are interesting (although they look it). Samsung has a proven track record -- as well as more sizes.

#196 ·
hey, anyone who has bought the samsung es8000 , what is the model number of the glasses ? I ask cause samsung is also replacing my glasses (4 pair no reciept) and I like the battery ones but dont really like the ssg-3050 type with no sides. I paid $64.00 per pair, the ssg-3050 are like $20. per pair, but better than nothing.

god bless

#197 ·
i would assume that whats included in the box is what is posted at bestbuy.com.

it says they are 4 pairs of SSG4100, i agree, got to be better than the older ones i have with the straight arms instead of the newer curved arms.

here is a link to the glasses. read in certain places that these are not going to be released until 4/1/2012 hmmmm guess people are getting them in the boxes but cant actually purchase them retail yet.
http://www.schlauershoppen.de/en/hom...100002076.html

#199 ·
Hi. First post, so please be gentle.

Does anyone know if the ES8000 will be coming out with a 40 inch screen? And which other models will/won't be?

I've read on the internet that it will be (sorry I can't post links, but it was within a news article at digital versus dot com).

I've also emailed Samsung Customer Services (UK) and they said they've "been told" the ES8000 will be available as a 40"er.

However, the product list of the new 2012 Samsung TV range on Amazon does NOT include 40 inch screens for most of these models, including the 8000.

Can anyone help?

Sadly I can't get a TV any bigger than 40 inches, due to lack of space, and obviously want to get the best TV I possibly can!

Thanks in advance.

L

#200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceyuk /forum/post/21785667

Hi. First post, so please be gentle.

Does anyone know if the ES8000 will be coming out with a 40 inch screen? And which other models will/won't be?

I've read on the internet that it will be (sorry I can't post links, but it was within a news article at digital versus dot com).

I've also emailed Samsung Customer Services (UK) and they said they've "been told" the ES8000 will be available as a 40"er.

However, the product list of the new 2012 Samsung TV range on Amazon does NOT include 40 inch screens for most of these models, including the 8000.

Can anyone help?

Sadly I can't get a TV any bigger than 40 inches, due to lack of space, and obviously want to get the best TV I possibly can!

Thanks in advance.

L

There wasn't a D8000 40 inch model in the USA last year, and there won't be a 40 inch ES8000 either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.