AVS Forum banner

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Tinker 
#1 ·
I just read on the PC Gamer site that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be available for the PC on June 12th.

Ubisoft is actually forgoing always-online DRM, and there will be a suite of DirectX 11 features and high-resolution textures specific to the PC version.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/03/gh...ate-announced/

#2 ·
yea! Can't wait to play it at Pax East this weekend!

#3 ·
Looks great but just not sure about that cloaking stuff tho. Prob not pre this one. I am going to wait for the reviews. Prob will get it since I like the prev ghost games.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/21865354

Looks great but just not sure about that cloaking stuff tho. Prob not pre this one. I am going to wait for the reviews. Prob will get it since I like the prev ghost games.

Same here.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/21865354

*Future* besides cloaking is actually something the U.S. Military is working about on to Cloak various things. Besides Ghost Recon series is always been on bleeding edge of tech, now is pushing it to the future. Even the stuff in advanced warfighter is actually real.

#6 ·
Now if they can muffle the rotors...always some gun fun with FPSRussia

#7 ·
Nice live action trailer, little under 24 mins long.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie /forum/post/21866060

Besides Ghost Recon series is always been on bleeding edge of tech, now is pushing it to the future.

Eh, not really. The first two games in the series (and their expansion packs) didn't have any of this futuristic weapon stuff.

I don't mind the futuristic weapons, but I still can't get over how dumbed down the series got starting with Advanced Warfighter.

#11 ·
This is a bit of a let down to say to say the least. Considering they took 4yrs for a new version(which is an eternity in that market), you'd think the multiplayer would've been a little more, well, fun. The old version at least gave you the ability to search servers for co-op/multiplayer. This one takes all your options away COMPLETELY. You can host a co-op mission, but you can't search for one and join(or at least wait in the lobby). You can join a multiplayer match on the fly, however, they don't even have a straight-up team deathmatch. Am I missing something? The stuff they're missing is like military shooter 101. The campaign on the other hand is the most realistic thing I've eve played, a real blast(if you like the stealthy variety rather than the guns-a-blazin'type). Graphics are phenomenal. The multiplayer is what seals the deal though, and that's where they should've focused their efforts. It's still a pretty good game, it's just that the expectations were SO high...

#12 ·
anybody playing this on the PC. I am having some issues with lagging type graphics. The mouse seems to just be very sluggish. I am wondering if it's a ATi driver issue or is it just how the game works. I get good frame rates but just what seems to be a very sluggish mouse movement, SP only, no intentions of doing MP with this game

#13 ·
This game is an outright JOKE! this has to be the worst port of any game I've ever played. Heck, it still has some Xbox button commands in the freaking game!!

Tinker, the mouse is just like that and it's extremely annoying!!!!!

I just can't get into this game at all, this will be a $4.99 bargin bin game in 2 months.

#15 ·
Most of the graphics looks real good except your AI team mates. Their faces looks like cr@p when compared to other games. The weapons look spot on and looks great. The BDU/CBU looks ok but a little stiff. Just does not seem to form to the players bodies. The mouse seems to be better tonight then it was yesterday. So far I am only about 2-3 missions in and even on elite setting the game play has been pretty easy so far.

#16 ·
I dunno, I've see it on xbox and it's looks very similar. I have everything maxed out and I'm not liking it to much. You feel like your the hand of god though, you're so over powerful. I'll keep plugging away until i think I got my $50 worth out of it lol

#17 ·
you guys playing on PC with an xbox controller perchance?? Sounds like it was made for a twin-stick pad......

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch  /t/1403614/ghost-recon-future-soldier/0_60#post_22203399

you guys playing on PC with an xbox controller perchance?? Sounds like it was made for a twin-stick pad......

Nope, KB/mouse.

I finished the warhound mission, it's just shooting fish in the barrel. Way too easy. Only thing diff about some missions is the timer. The stealth missions are a little harder since if the AI detects you, mission over. Man the character faces are all butt ugly in this game. Other then the higher rez for PC, this def is a console port. (duh!!!!
). Still going to get my $$$ worth out of this if it kills me, I would rec anybody wanting to try it, wait till it's a bargain basement price title. Like the prev Ghost (Mexico) a lot more then this one.

#19 ·
The game gets harder in the later missions. The timed missions are a real PITA. I am enjoying it more then when I 1st started since some of the later missions get harder and some what interesting. Too bad is the campaign you can not customize your guns, you only get to choose what but not how they are configured (no gunsmith). I am just not 100% interested in playing this game, that's why It's taking me this long in playing thru it. With other FPS I would norm finish the SP game in a week or less depending on the hours spent . I am still not finish yet. I am in the Moscow mission(s) and I have know idea how many are left. The cover system is a PITA since many times I wanted to jump over an object and ended up taking cover or vise versa...that gets you dead fast. The game is not a total waste of $$ as 1st thght but it's no BF3 IMO, not even close. Now bring on MoH:Warfighter and BF4....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.