AVS Forum banner

LG 47LH30 Factory Reset/Firmware update

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  snorton007 
#1 ·
I really need to get to the bottom of this issue once and for all. My tv recently stopped being able to communicate with my Onkyo Receiver this weekend after connecting a pc through the receiver to my tv via HDMI. There is a major handshake HDCP issue between the LG and ONKYO. I was running live tv via a CableCard tuner and there was lots of hickups going on then the screen would go fuzzy and stuff and audio would sputter. Now nothing sinks with AVR. The TV works great with components hooked directly to it but no longer will it sink with my AVR. I want to re-load the Firmware or do a Factory Reset but I can not find any information on this model. It has not given me any trouble whatsoever for over 2 years until now. PLEASE HELP! I have done everthing I can think of to troubleshoot it. The AVR will still sink up with another model tv so I have eliminated it from my list of problems.

#2 ·
**Solved** (Just writing this for people who may ever run in to this same issue)

I spoke with both Onkyo Support as well as LG TV support. Both were very helpful in trying to get my issue resolved, and they listened intently to my situation. The final solution after all troubleshooting steps had been exhausted was that my HDMI cables had become incompatable between my Components to AVR and to TV. They worked just fine when hooked up directly from component to tv but were unable to pass video through my Onkyo somehow. When I hooked everything up to a different tv everything worked seemlessly which is why i never suspected the cables. As a final attempt to fix my setup, All I did was switch out the cables and Bam! It was back to normal. I had already completetly reset my tv and avr back to factory settings before this, and that never seemed to fix anything. It was the HDMI cables themselves that were the problem! I have never heard of anything like this ever! Maybe this will solve a future issue. It is all somehow related to the HDCP handshake issue. I now have perfectly fine HDMI cables that are most likely compatable for any other setup out there but just not my AVR to TV. Strange as all this sounds, it is the truth I promise.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorton007 /forum/post/21885148

**Solved** (Just writing this for people who may ever run in to this same issue)

I spoke with both Onkyo Support as well as LG TV support. Both were very helpful in trying to get my issue resolved, and they listened intently to my situation. The final solution after all troubleshooting steps had been exhausted was that my HDMI cables had become incompatable between my Components to AVR and to TV. They worked just fine when hooked up directly from component to tv but were unable to pass video through my Onkyo somehow. When I hooked everything up to a different tv everything worked seemlessly which is why i never suspected the cables. As a final attempt to fix my setup, All I did was switch out the cables and Bam! It was back to normal. I had already completetly reset my tv and avr back to factory settings before this, and that never seemed to fix anything. It was the HDMI cables themselves that were the problem! I have never heard of anything like this ever! Maybe this will solve a future issue. It is all somehow related to the HDCP handshake issue. I now have perfectly fine HDMI cables that are most likely compatable for any other setup out there but just not my AVR to TV. Strange as all this sounds, it is the truth I promise.

were the bad cables too thin? or not high speed?

#4 ·
I don't think anything was wrong with them. They were the Mediabridge brand from Amazon. I am actually using the same brand cable still but it is not causing any issues. As soon as I hook up the other "bad" cable anywhere in my chain of components then the issue is revived. Something happend when I was trying to run the live tv through my Hauppauge that caused screen flickering and popping sounds, and I believe that was the moment when the cables went bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.