AVS Forum banner

Micca EP600

70K views 573 replies 118 participants last post by  djc11369 
#1 ·
New thread for EP600. Can anyone comment on navigation speeds, skip forward-back intervals, go to etc?

#177 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbico /forum/post/21861593

Jack, yes I was already testing against a different HDMI cable on a different TV set.

- audio cutout over HDMI - video continues to play just fine but audio seems to mute out for about 2 seconds. This would reoccur every 15 minutes or so thereafter. I disconnected the unit from my Onkyo receiver and connected it directly to the Mitsubishi TV but the problem persists.Moved the unit upstairs and connected it my Sony TV with a different HDMI cable but the problem still showed up. So I'm pretty sure it's the 600G2 that's the culprit.

Send an email to support@miccastore.com and they will get it exchanged. Otherwise you can also return it to Amazon and repurchase a new one. Which ever method is more convenient for you.

#179 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/0

Thumbnail only works for local drives when viewed through the media library feature.

The color space is RGB. You can turn on Deep Color if your display supports it.

Just got the EP600 G2 and it's good- does what boxee couldn't by playing hd audio without drop outs. Some questions:

1) Is the only method for accessing your files from a NAS by going through all the folders until you get to the file you want or is there a way to have "Movies" go directly to a specific folder? Right now I have to select network - workgroup - NAS - movies. Is there a way to have the Micca just jump directly to the movie folder when you select movies or files from the main menu?

2) When I get to my movie folder I can change the view to thumbnails, but it seems to only take whatever image is listed first in my folder, not the folder.jpg. is this normal or is there a way to change this?

3) In the manual it says a wizard will come up to help set up my media library, but it doesn't. I am thinking this might only happen on the 950 with a hard drive?

4) Is lpcm possible when it's in a mkv container? My mkv's of video that have lossless lpcm hd audio that were ripped using makemkv don't produce any sound. Anyone else able to have this work? I read on the makemkv forums that lpcm should be converted to flac? It worked on the boxee.

Other than what I mentioned I am impressed and this should take the place of my boxee.

#182 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttplug /forum/post/21874422

Am I right if I say that every 600 G2 at amazon now plays 23.976 in all modes without dup frames?

As long as you update to the 1.0.3.9 firmware or higher. That is correct.

#183 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21860739

Hi,

Did you do the firmware update using the recovery mode? If not try doing this.

Based on your description, it seems to be slightly different from gumbico's issue. If gumbico continues to have the same issue with a different HDMI cable, his player may have a bad HDMI connector.

Did no good.

Was watching a movie tonight and didn't even make it 1 hour before the device hard locked. Have to pull the power to get it back up.

Not impressed.

#184 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanndogg /forum/post/21872924

Just got the EP600 G2 and it's good- does what boxee couldn't by playing hd audio without drop outs. Some questions:

1) Is the only method for accessing your files from a NAS by going through all the folders until you get to the file you want or is there a way to have "Movies" go directly to a specific folder? Right now I have to select network - workgroup - NAS - movies. Is there a way to have the Micca just jump directly to the movie folder when you select movies or files from the main menu?

Network media content can only be reached through the "File" icon. The "Movies" icon will only work for physically connected drives.

Quote:
2) When I get to my movie folder I can change the view to thumbnails, but it seems to only take whatever image is listed first in my folder, not the folder.jpg. is this normal or is there a way to change this?

When browsing under the "File" mode, the folder image will behave as you described. We'll submit this as a feature request to see if the "folder.jpg" can be used instead.

Quote:
3) In the manual it says a wizard will come up to help set up my media library, but it doesn't. I am thinking this might only happen on the 950 with a hard drive?

The wizard will come up if you have a physical drive attached to the player.

Quote:
4) Is lpcm possible when it's in a mkv container? My mkv's of video that have lossless lpcm hd audio that were ripped using makemkv don't produce any sound. Anyone else able to have this work? I read on the makemkv forums that lpcm should be converted to flac? It worked on the boxee.

Are these multi-channel LPCM? What's the resolution and bit-rate of the sound track?

#187 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21887812

Are these multi-channel LPCM? What's the resolution and bit-rate of the sound track?

Yes, 5.1 channel LPCM, the one in particular is 48kHz, 16-bit with a bitrate around 5,000 kbps.

As a general update not related to the LPCM issue: the first movie I watched was perfect, but the next two had constant stuttering issues and it was repeatable at the same spots in the file (mkv). I double checked on both my computer and with the Boxee Box that they played fine, and they did. Updated the firmware on the 600 G2 and still the same problem. I don't know what else to do to test or have them play smoothly.

#190 ·
Hi!

I try to find somewhere to buy a Micca EP600G2 from Greece but...

How can I find and order one???

Main thing is does it support greek subs and also does it decode/downmix DTS sound from 3d mkv or iso files to stereo so as to to pass the sound directly to my TV via HDMI??

Last does it have wi-fi or not?

Thanks!

#191 ·
I'm looking for a way to use Imediashare with Micca G2 EP600 as mentioned in the instruction manual.

I have all my media stored on my desktop running windows home 7 and have the Micca connected by ethernet.

I'm using an hp touchpad with android and imediashare.

I'd like to be able to avoid the micca interface altogether and just use android to choose what i want to watch on my desktop pc and push the media to the micca. Is this possible? Why doesn't my desktop recognize the micca on the network? Imediashare doesn't recognize it either even though it recognizes my desktop.

I have enabled DLNA on the micca btw.

#192 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7332 /forum/post/21918209

I'm looking for a way to use Imediashare with Micca G2 EP600 as mentioned in the instruction manual.

I have all my media stored on my desktop running windows home 7 and have the Micca connected by ethernet.

I'm using an hp touchpad with android and imediashare.

I'd like to be able to avoid the micca interface altogether and just use android to choose what i want to watch on my desktop pc and push the media to the micca. Is this possible? Why doesn't my desktop recognize the micca on the network? Imediashare doesn't recognize it either even though it recognizes my desktop.

I have enabled DLNA on the micca btw.

Try flashing to the latest firmware and change the DLNA device name from EP950 to EP600 (the firmware is shared between these two units). Turn the DLNA DMR feature on and it should show up on your Windows 7 computer in the Network section as a connectable device. iMediaShare should also list it as an available media destination once you click on a media file to play.

Can you check the network connectivity of the EP600 first?

#193 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21918457

Try flashing to the latest firmware and change the DLNA device name from EP950 to EP600 (the firmware is shared between these two units). Turn the DLNA DMR feature on and it should show up on your Windows 7 computer in the Network section as a connectable device. iMediaShare should also list it as an available media destination once you click on a media file to play.

Can you check the network connectivity of the EP600 first?

I actually flashed to the HiMedia HD900 firmware the 1.0.3.8 in an attempt to fix this problem. I didn't know that it mattered what the device name is. I had it set to "Micca" and now it is set to "EP600".

There's no change though. I don't see the device on my network.

DLNA DMR is set to on. network connectivity is fine, all tests passed, i can use the browser and play media on my pc by manually finding it.

i just need to control it with dlna and nothing is recognizing it even though it is connected by lan cable and can communicate with my pc.

I have a Micca G2 Ep600 with 1.0.3.8 firmware from himedia for the 900 series, D-Link DIR-655 wireless router connected to it, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit pc with gigabit ethernet, and an hp touchpad with android on it that I want to use as a DLNA remote to push content from my desktop pc to my Micca. My Micca is then hooked up by hdmi to an onkyo tx-sr606 7.1 surround system. and an hdmi out goes to the hdtv.

#194 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7332 /forum/post/21918589

I actually flashed to the HiMedia HD900 firmware the 1.0.3.8 in an attempt to fix this problem. I didn't know that it mattered what the device name is. I had it set to "Micca" and now it is set to "EP600".

There's no change though. I don't see the device on my network.

DLNA DMR is set to on. network connectivity is fine, all tests passed, i can use the browser and play media on my pc by manually finding it.

i just need to control it with dlna and nothing is recognizing it even though it is connected by lan cable and can communicate with my pc.

I have a Micca G2 Ep600 with 1.0.3.8 firmware from himedia for the 900 series, D-Link DIR-655 wireless router connected to it, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit pc with gigabit ethernet, and an hp touchpad with android on it that I want to use as a DLNA remote to push content from my desktop pc to my Micca. My Micca is then hooked up by hdmi to an onkyo tx-sr606 7.1 surround system. and an hdmi out goes to the hdtv.

You had to manually find the computer? The player doesn't automatically list the computer under "WORKGROUP" when you select "Network" from the device list?

Turn on SAMBA and see if your computer can see the shared drive on the EP600.

Edit: when flashing firmware, remember to use the recovery mode.

#195 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21918789

You had to manually find the computer? The player doesn't automatically list the computer under "WORKGROUP" when you select "Network" from the device list?

Turn on SAMBA and see if your computer can see the shared drive on the EP600.

Edit: when flashing firmware, remember to use the recovery mode.

Yes the player automatically sees the computer under "WORKGROUP". That's where I've been going to play media with it. by browsing using file manager.

Its my windows 7 computer and android tablet that don't see the Micca even though they're all on the same network. My goal is to not use the file manager and use my android tablet as a remote control for the micca.

Just as an update my computer somewhat "found" the micca finally:

It just doesn't show up in windows media player to push any content through using DLNA or on my network map the way my xbox used to.

I also can't see the Micca when using the android tablet so i have no way to push the content either. Even though my android tablet sees my computer just fine.

#197 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7332 /forum/post/21919072

Where can I download version 1.0.3.9? I only see 1.0.3.7 on your site.

Hi,

The EP600 G2 and EP950 shares the same firmware. The 1.0.3.9 firmware is already on the EP950 page, which you can download and install. I've sent a note that this newer firmware isn't on the EP600 G2's page, so it should get added there as well soon.

#198 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7332 /forum/post/21919003

Yes the player automatically sees the computer under "WORKGROUP". That's where I've been going to play media with it. by browsing using file manager.

Its my windows 7 computer and android tablet that don't see the Micca even though they're all on the same network. My goal is to not use the file manager and use my android tablet as a remote control for the micca.

Just as an update my computer somewhat "found" the micca finally:

It just doesn't show up in windows media player to push any content through using DLNA or on my network map the way my xbox used to.

I also can't see the Micca when using the android tablet so i have no way to push the content either. Even though my android tablet sees my computer just fine.

That is actually the DLNA device you see, so Windows does see the DLNA service on the EP600 G2. On the iMediaShare, you will not see the EP600 G2 when browsing your network - you will only see it once you've selected a media source to play, and then iMediaShare will show a list of available render devices it has found.

#199 ·
Does the EP600 play ripped SACDs and DVD Audio discs? If so, any particular guidance on how to rip for compatibility. I have a dozen or so discs I'd like to archive and ditch my SACD/DVD-A optical player.

I tried a DVD Audio rip, but it did not recognize the .AOB files (iso or folder). VLC played them fine.

#200 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkbusch /forum/post/21922138

Does the EP600 play ripped SACDs and DVD Audio discs? If so, any particular guidance on how to rip for compatibility. I have a dozen or so discs I'd like to archive and ditch my SACD/DVD-A optical player.

I tried a DVD Audio rip, but it did not recognize the .AOB files (iso or folder). VLC played them fine.

Hi,

The EP600 does not play ripped SACDs and DVD-A. Is it possible to convert those to FLAC files?

#201 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoss /forum/post/21912043

the himedia 900B or Micca ep950 and 600 do not support slow motion or a-b function.

Xtreamer prodigy supports a-b and the Iconbit supports both slow motion and a-b repeat.

I don't know why these are not included.

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the trigger on Xtreamer sidewinder 3 today. The new firmware 3.5 looks awesome and stable.

Hopefully it works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.