AVS Forum banner

Panasonic VT30 Deals Thread - 55VT30 and 65VT30 Only

78K views 525 replies 130 participants last post by  caiazpa 
#1 ·
Its been hard searching for the current deals with all the different threads so I thought we could devote one thread solely to 55VT30 and 65VT30 and keep it updated for the best deals for those of us looking for a VT30.

#509 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani /forum/post/21898951

I live by several Fry's, too, but only one about 40 min away had any in stock. I wanted to try to get a price adjustment, because I paid $1500 for it at Frys just over a month ago, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Still, at $1500, I'm still reasonably happy with the deal I got on my 65ST30, and LOVE the set!

Good to hear, can't wait until it gets here. Upgrading from a sony SXRD set that has been great to me but has fan noise coming from the optical block so i know it's just a matter of time.

#510 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Hi /forum/post/21897088

Hello from Spain!!!

I´m new on the forum, and would like some advice.

I´m interested in buying the 65vt30 which I can get here in spain for about 2700euros (I don´t know why, but they´re always more expensive here in europe
), but I have been reading and there is a lot of talk about the bug with the green blobs.

Has this been solved?

How bad is it?

Nobody???

#513 ·
FWIW, the latest PCRichard ads (that go into effect Sunday) have the 65GT30 on the cover at $1,697. It says right on the screen of the TV "We deliver, we install" but I don't know if that means included or extra. And I haven't checked if it's available on their website at the same price -- or even if not now, perhaps it will be Sunday.

#514 ·
FWIW I thought I'd mention here that I have found several Best Buys in my area that have open box 65vt30s. The one closest to me has 1 marked down to $2399(reg. price $2799) because its missing the stand. A minor inconvenience if you planned to mount it, which i do but I'm still holding out for something closer to $1999. Also another local store has 1 marked down to $2599 because the remote is missing. I don't believe these show up in inventory if you call BB and ask about the item in general. To find out if your local BB or BB in you immediate area has an open box item you might be interested in, simply find the stores home page using the store locator and click on open box items. Then you can call said store an inquire about the item with the sku provided.

#517 ·
I just picked up the floor model 55vt30 from ABC for $1150 out the door. I went over it fairly well and didn't see anything but I'm waiting to check it at home. It is an April build so I'm a little concerned about the fluctuating brightness issue. Anything else I should worry about? Is it really a big deal that it probably wasn't ever "broken in" properly? Should I run the slides now anyway or is it pointless.

Thanks in advanced and forgive my noobish questions. This is my first Plasma TV

#518 ·
Looks I just learned a lesson about buying a "display model". I asked if it had any issues with the screen or if they had kept constant full screen content playing which obviously they said yes. Well there is HUGE Panasonic Logo burnt into the screen. Definitely not worth keeping no matter how good the deal unless someone can convince me that there is a way to remove this sort of burn in.

#520 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd /forum/post/21932399

I just picked up the floor model 55vt30 from ABC for $1150 out the door. I went over it fairly well and didn't see anything but I'm waiting to check it at home. It is an April build so I'm a little concerned about the fluctuating brightness issue. Anything else I should worry about? Is it really a big deal that it probably wasn't ever "broken in" properly? Should I run the slides now anyway or is it pointless.

Thanks in advanced and forgive my noobish questions. This is my first Plasma TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd /forum/post/21932697

Looks I just learned a lesson about buying a "display model". I asked if it had any issues with the screen or if they had kept constant full screen content playing which obviously they said yes. Well there is HUGE Panasonic Logo burnt into the screen. Definitely not worth keeping no matter how good the deal unless someone can convince me that there is a way to remove this sort of burn in.

Not that it'll make an impact in your decision, but is the logo visible during regular viewing, or only when you have nothing on screen or a solid background (such as a slide)?

Regardless, if you're able to see it, then I'd return the unit. It probably means that the unit was not properly taken care of, and you're seeing some either strong image retention or actual burn in.

If you'd really like to keep the unit due to the price, my suggestion would be to run some content/wipes/etc. to see if you can mitigate the variations in pixel ware. If you have 14 days to return, you could try to run slides and wipes for 10 days straight and see what happens. If the logo fades, then good news, you're only seeing image retention. If you see no difference, then I'd go ahead and return it.

Just my 2 cents.

-JR

#523 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybsparks /forum/post/21992230

Please give me your opinions....The display model 65vt30 for $1800 plus tax? It's an April 2011 build and has been running for about 2500 hours in the store...good deal? what should I do?

This is really a personal decision. Many people would not consider a plasma display model for various reasons. But if you are able to see the set running and confirm there is no burn-in or persistent IR, and are happy with the condition of the set, and don't mind getting a used one, go for it. 2,500 hour is trivial compared to the lifespan of the panel. If you're not allowed to study it on with content, run away as fast as possible.

#526 ·
Hey guys -

I am torn and need a nudge in the right direction.

Here are my options:

1) 65VT30 - $2299

2) PN64D8000 - $2499

3) PN64D7000 - $2369

I know this is a Panny thread so I'm guessing most will say 65VT30 but I'm still interested in your thoughts. PQ is most important factor.

I'm curious if you guys think the VT50 is $1300 better than the VT30?

Thanks,

Paul

EDIT: TYPO - the Samsung model is a 2011 model, not this year's model (I had 'E', it is actually a 'D')

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.