408K views 2K replies 269 participants last post by  oscar.jimenez 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_bickle /forum/post/21911635

http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn-uk/n...ctor-stocks-lg

Nice, from your link:

"LG has confirmed it is temporarily suspending its range of projectors, following issues with component supply from the Far East."

I got a feeling this summer when my basement finishing is completed, I will be going with a regular TV, rather than an LED projector. With the pico size obsession and these sorts of issues, waiting for a reasonable LED projector has become a bit of a joke. The funny thing is, I don't need huge light output or great specs - but I do need something that is quiet, can stay in focus and does not have weird issues such as image stretching or problems with heat dissipation.

Some marketing persons must have decided LED projectors won't sell unless coupled with these darn pico sizes. Fine, looks like I won't be getting an LED projector anytime soon, because I could care less if the projector is palm sized.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdi01 /forum/post/21913818

Did you ever think of the LG HX300? It has none of the mentioned problems. It is anything but a joke.

its Resolution:

1024x768 (XGA) after letter boxing how many more pixels do you lose?

the new 1140x912 pico chip used in the new 720p(lol) led pjs should be a cutoff for hd viewing.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdi01 /forum/post/21913818

Did you ever think of the LG HX300? It has none of the mentioned problems. It is anything but a joke.

Isn't HX300 the projector that has the stretching issue many persons around here have been complaining about? (Possibly fixed as of a few days ago.) Hey but at least it is pico size.

"Pico? A name I abhor. When I hear it, my ears start to ache. I feel like vomiting! And suddenly I cannot hold back my sword hand's anger!"

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 /forum/post/21914820

Isn't HX300 the projector that has the stretching issue many persons around here have been complaining about? (Possibly fixed as of a few days ago.) Hey but at least it is pico size.

"Pico? A name I abhor. When I hear it, my ears start to ache. I feel like vomiting! And suddenly I cannot hold back my sword hand's anger!"

pico refers to the size size chip and is a TI tm
Quote:
DLP(R) Pico(TM) Projector Technology Chip

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 /forum/post/21914820

"Pico? A name I abhor. When I hear it, my ears start to ache. I feel like vomiting! And suddenly I cannot hold back my sword hand’s anger!"

No, It is HW300 which has the strectching problems.

HW: 1280x800 HX:1024x720, HX works perfect.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajaroo /forum/post/21925308

Thanks, I will check that one out. With my basement finishing to be completed mid-summer, I can maybe hold out until end of summer, then will want to go with either an LED projector or regular TV.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajaroo /forum/post/21925308

hi , i have lg hw300g and i have no streching problems via hdmi , i bought it last month and it has new firmware which corrects that issue
also you can download it form lg web site if you have the old unit and after upgrade streching problem will be fixed

#12 ·
We should expect 700euro-dollar range.. and I think it will be coming in one or two months.. if this much info revealed.

edit: removed the link for virus risk

HW300:

Dimensions: 119.5 × 160 × 54 mm

Weight: 780 grams

Glow rate: 300 ansi lumens

Price: Rp5.350.000.

HW600:

Dimensions: 230x170x44 mm

Weight: 1.4 pounds

Glow rate: 700 ansi lumens

Additional features: speakers built-in

Price: Rp7.000.000.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysm /forum/post/22072192

Kaspersky internet security is warning me that the link above contains a trojan, be careful!

Yes be careful! Yesterday I was searching for info on the upcoming Qumi Q5 and HW600g. Among other links, I recall accessing the link you mention from further above. Soon after I got a trojan/virus called Fortress, and spent a good hour clearing it from my PC. It prevented running executable pgms to clean the infections, until I first booted into Windows Safe Mode, and then could run Malware Bytes and my anti-virus pgm. Still not sure if it is completely removed because Avira popped up a virus alert later but cleared it. Anyway, can't say for sure if the link was the culprit - but be on guard.

#16 ·
I am interest in this projector, if and when it is actually available, versus "vaporware", which roughly means, "announced, rumored, or speculated about, but not really available to own."

I currently have the very real, Acer K330 LED HD DLP projector, and it is awesome, providing me with a 120 inch widescreen image that is like having a cinema in my own home.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithgeckos  /t/1405666/lg-hw600g-led-1280x800-600-lumens#post_22101459

This is getting confusing.

LG announced the following LED projectors for this summer time frame:

HW600G with 600 ANSI lumens

PB60G with 500 ANSI lumens

PA70G with 700 ANSI lumens

Will all 3 be available in the US, or are the last 2 intended for Euro and Asia regions only?

Yeah between the delays on the proposed release dates and seeming conflicting product info - count me confused as well. I had read that lens sourcing issues were going to push the release dates to Sept 2012, but who knows anymore. End of summer is my target for either an LED projector or new TV. So hopefully these newer LED projectors will get released and have some time to get some reviews and maybe drop from the initial MSRP before I make a purchase.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22  /t/1405666/lg-hw600g-led-1280x800-600-lumens#post_22102526

Yeah between the delays on the proposed release dates and seeming conflicting product info - count me confused as well. I had read that lens sourcing issues were going to push the release dates to Sept 2012, but who knows anymore. End of summer is my target for either an LED projector or new TV. So hopefully these newer LED projectors will get released and have some time to get some reviews and maybe drop from the initial MSRP before I make a purchase.

one of those is available thru B&H photo I think

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004  /t/1405666/lg-hw600g-led-1280x800-600-lumens/0_50#post_22137448

one of those is available thru B&H photo I think
Not yet

#25 ·
Hi I live in USA East Coast, Been watching these LED's for some time now, have never owned a Projector and want a LED. Kinda waiting for them to get the bugs out before I purchase since this will have to last a long time since I am financially embarrassed. AVS has been a huge help... thank you all very much ! Anywayz I’ve been googling the new LG's Vivitek Qumi and I happened to run across this site, does anyone know if this is really available and know the site in general ? If it is a reputable site ? This seems like a really decent price for what your getting

$799.99 Free Shipping

LG Electronics PA70G Portable HD LED Projector with 700 ANSI Lumens, 1280 x 800 WXGA Resolution, HDMI Port
http://www.adorama.com/LOPA70G.html

This one is cheaper then the Optoma LM500 ! $549.99 Free Shipping

LG Electronics PB60G Portable HD LED Projector with 500 ANSI Lumens, 1280 x 800 WXGA Resolution, HDMI Port
http://www.adorama.com/LOPB60G.html

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Audio%20Visual&cat2=Multimedia%20Projectors%20%26%20Display%20Monitors&cat3=Multimedia%20Projectors&feature1=LG%20Electronics

Guys ? Gals am I missing something here ? I am really excited about the prices is this a hoax or what ?

Thanks !

#26 ·
I tried to post here and it said it couldn’t be done, there was some sort of error, I tried 2 or 3 times and got the same error so I started a new thread and that went through just fine. I apologize for having the same post here. Maybe someone could delete this one. Sorry about the double post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.