AVS Forum banner

Micca EP600

70K views 573 replies 118 participants last post by  djc11369 
#1 ·
New thread for EP600. Can anyone comment on navigation speeds, skip forward-back intervals, go to etc?

#202 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21926188

Hi,

The EP600 does not play ripped SACDs and DVD-A. Is it possible to convert those to FLAC files?

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sure it is possible, I just haven't learned how to do it yet. I'm not at all an expert on FLAC, but the FLAC FAQ says it has "multi-channel" support. I'm hoping to preserve the high resolution and multi-channel of SACD and DVD-A.

#203 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke /forum/post/21834112

Jack, does this apply to all 23.976Hz content? For example:

H.264 1080p@23.976Hz output in 2D through HDMI, pixel clock 74.176MHz

VC-1 1080p@23.976Hz output in 2D through HDMI, pixel clock 74.176MHz

3D H.264 1080p@23.976Hz output in 3D frame packing through HDMI, pixel clock 148.352MHz

Note that "24p" mode is not needed to be set to "on" for the last one. The player switches to 24p mode automatically when 3D 1080p content is being shown.

I'm going to answer my own question since I did not receive a reply.

I just received a EP600 G2 and the answer is no. Even after flashing with 1.0.3.9, 1080p 3D still plays back at 24.000Hz, no matter what the original frame rate is. 2D 59.940Hz and 23.976Hz play back correctly.

So, despite the wishes, 3D 24Hz s still broken and the EP600 G2 operates exactly like the HD900 does with its 1.0.1.13 version released back in December. This is despite confirmations from Micca that it's working correctly now.

As far as I know, there is still no one that has a player that correctly plays back 1080p 3D content.

#204 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke /forum/post/21958233

I'm going to answer my own question since I did not receive a reply.

I just received a EP600 G2 and the answer is no. Even after flashing with 1.0.3.9, 1080p 3D still plays back at 24.000Hz, no matter what the original frame rate is. 2D 59.940Hz and 23.976Hz play back correctly.

So, despite the wishes, 3D 24Hz s still broken and the EP600 G2 operates exactly like the HD900 does with its 1.0.1.13 version released back in December. This is despite confirmations from Micca that it's working correctly now.

As far as I know, there is still no one that has a player that correctly plays back 1080p 3D content.

Sorry if I missed your question previously.

Is the 3D file you are playing a BD ISO file? It's my understanding that this was fixed along with the 2D playback.

#205 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkbusch /forum/post/21928481

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sure it is possible, I just haven't learned how to do it yet. I'm not at all an expert on FLAC, but the FLAC FAQ says it has "multi-channel" support. I'm hoping to preserve the high resolution and multi-channel of SACD and DVD-A.

I don't think you can find any player on the market can play ripped SACD. I read some where you may be able to use some s/w to play ripped SACD on PC but never tried it. I still play SACD disc on Sony and Oppo players.

#208 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke /forum/post/21959075

I tried 3D side-by-side .M2TS files and 3D BD .ISO files. Both behave the same.

Thanks for this info, I will forward this to be tested.

#210 ·
Hi,

We tested by converting an ISO to folders and the EP600 G2 was able to play it as soon as the folder was selected.

#211 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca /forum/post/21844219

Hi,

We'll have to re-test this. To my knowledge, it was not supported. But we'll test again with USB 3.0 drives that are > 2TB.

There are a few USB 2.0 drives that are > 2TB as well, but different drives accomplish this in a different manner.

Again we'll test with the latest firmware and update our knowledge base regarding this.

So, what have you found out?

And when is the "scan and fix" problem going to be addressed?

#212 ·
Is this the right place to make suggestions? I just got an EP600 G2 and have a few suggestions for improvement...
  • Don't show hidden and system folders

There's no need to see system folders like RECYCLER on the list, and if folders are hidden then you probably really don't want those displayed either. I say hide 'em so there's less to scroll through.
  • Loop the lists on Page Up and Page Down

If your cursor is on the last page at the bottom of a list, it'd be nice if pressing page down would bring your cursor to the last row of the list, and if the cursor is already on the last row then jump it to the top of the list.
  • Thicker text-based subtitles

Most streaming media players I've used have had thin subtitles with outlines that weren't thick enough for external subtitles, and this one seems to do it too. So far the Nixeus Fusion HD is the only one I've used that had thicker subtitles, and it really does make them easier to read, especially on CRT televisions.

#214 ·
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried putting the Trebuchet Bold trebucbd_0.ttf file in the root of each of the networked hard drives, and then also in the folder with one of the video files, but neither approach worked.

I only have networked hard drives, I have no hard drive connected directly to the device. I tried accessing the device's IP through my browser to see if it would give me some kind of user interface to maybe upload the font file, but it just redirects to a subdirectory called "unicgi" which then displays a 404 Not Found error.

Could you be more specific about what exactly needs to be done to get the device to recognize this font file?

#216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by primehalo /forum/post/21991458

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried putting the Trebuchet Bold trebucbd_0.ttf file in the root of each of the networked hard drives, and then also in the folder with one of the video files, but neither approach worked.

I only have networked hard drives, I have no hard drive connected directly to the device. I tried accessing the device's IP through my browser to see if it would give me some kind of user interface to maybe upload the font file, but it just redirects to a subdirectory called "unicgi" which then displays a 404 Not Found error.

Could you be more specific about what exactly needs to be done to get the device to recognize this font file?

If you have a usb flash drive, put the TTF files in the root directory and connect it to one of the USB ports. Try that. Tahoma Bold is another good font for subtitle.

While the movie is playing, turn on sub, then press Menu to access the subtitle option where you can change font type.

If it does not work, go into Setup>Intelligent Setup>Subtitle Font Directory and press Auto Detection.

#217 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1shtaco /forum/post/21993099

If you have a usb flash drive, put the TTF files in the root directory and connect it to one of the USB ports. Try that. Tahoma Bold is another good font for subtitle.

While the movie is playing, turn on sub, then press Menu to access the subtitle option where you can change font type.

If it does not work, go into Setup>Intelligent Setup>Subtitle Font Directory and press Auto Detection.

Putting the TTF file on a thumb drive and then changing the subtitle font from the menu during playback worked nicely. Thank you! It does not seem to remember this setting, however. Every time the video is stopped and restarted it goes back to the embedded subtitle font. Is there any way to make it just keep using that external subtitle font?

#218 ·
unfortunately, no, there is no way to keep your setting

it is one of the feature I requested along with the feature to hide/show any folder of your choice (similar to your request) and some other problems to be fixed

it's been almost a year and nothing has changed which is really disappointing

so don't hold out any hope

#220 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adly_wagih /forum/post/21993272

guys can you please help me in the bellow as I really want to make the order:

"does this device support arabic subtitles ? I am planning to buy this device but this feature is essential to me."

If you can attach a subtitle file you want tested, I'll try it out and let you know if it works.

#221 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by primehalo
If you can attach a subtitle file you want tested, I'll try it out and let you know if it works.
thank you very much for your support, attached the srt file along with screen shot of how it would look like if it works, thanks a gain for your support

arabic.zip 118.59375k . file

Attachments

#222 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by adly_wagih /forum/post/21997062

thank you very much for your support, attached the srt file along with screen shot of how it would look like if it works, thanks a gain for your support

It does not work as-is. It initially thinks it is Chinese, but I tried all the different encodings and none of them showed proper Arabic. However, it may work if you can encode it as UTF-8,

#223 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by primehalo
It does not work as-is. It initially thinks it is Chinese, but I tried all the different encodings and none of them showed proper Arabic. However, it may work if you can encode it as UTF-8,
attached the utf8 encoded file , does it work ?

subtitles.zip 140.958984375k . file

Attachments

#225 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by primehalo /forum/post/21997118

Quote:
Originally Posted by primehalo /forum/post/21999264

The Arabic characters show up, but they are in reverse order from the screenshot.

Thank you very much for your efforts, it seems it doesn't support arabic after all, do you recommend another media player that supports 3d movies and external hard disks >2tb, this is my original requirements besides the arabic subtitles.

really thank you again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.