Sony BDP-S6700
PS4
XBOX One S

My Interconnects

Speaker Cables

XPA-5 Power Cord

See less See more
#205 ·
Just saw your updates, wow I can't believe you sold the Klipsches. I hope you enjoy the new speakers, sorry to lose a fellow Klipsch owner.

#206 ·
I'd like to commend you on your image contributions. I've been involved both professionally, and as an enthusiast, in photography for over forty years. This includes both cinema-photography and still pictures. Still photography,... is all about the proper use of light. Rarely, around AVS, does one encounter well illuminated pictures that accompany thread contributions. Your previous image of the new center channel is a solid example of what I'm referring to, nice DOF as well,......sweet.

All too often images are plain and flat, due to the use of direct flash that is so harsh it destroys and washes out any textural component to the subject. I do it occasionally too w/my small point and shoot. But everyone always inquires about tips,.... I always tell my friends and family the same things,...I explain it's counter intuitive, for people pics it's flash outdoor during the day/bright sun, no flash indoors. Certainly there's many exceptions, but anyway, nice job.

Good luck

#211 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/0

Got the room back in order somewhat. Still undecided where I want my surrounds considering they are direct radiAting towers and not surrounds persay.

Look into some Triad inwall or OnWall silver surrounds. I bet they would sound great in that room, then you wouldn't have to worry about floor space anymore.

#215 ·
Well, I did some tests yesterday with placement of the subs. I did the sub crawl and found some pretty weird results in my room. I found that between my seating and the front of the room the bass was more pronounced. I also found that behind my seating about 5-6 feet and on the right and left walls the bass was the best. This is a very odd spot for my subs considering they have always been up front. Aesthetically they look best up front but I have a null or void about 8-12 feet in front of them. The bass is just not the best it can be where they were at. Obviously my room is doing some crazy things with the lower frequencies.

My main concern is that even though they sound the best in the back, they are so large, that they might not "look" the best there. Again I'm open to the best sound of course but still want the best look. I plan on taking some pics of the room to see what you guys think.

#216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/21994354

Well, I did some tests yesterday with placement of the subs. I did the sub crawl and found some pretty weird results in my room. I found that between my seating and the front of the room the bass was more pronounced. I also found that behind my seating about 5-6 feet and on the right and left walls the bass was the best. This is a very odd spot for my subs considering they have always been up front. Aesthetically they look best up front but I have a null or void about 8-12 feet in front of them. The bass is just not the best it can be where they were at. Obviously my room is doing some crazy things with the lower frequencies.

My main concern is that even though they sound the best in the back, they are so large, that they might not "look" the best there. Again I'm open to the best sound of course but still want the best look. I plan on taking some pics of the room to see what you guys think.

How did you move the subs to your listening position? Those things are HEAVY! Did you do the crawl test with music or test tones? Did you measure with a SPL meter or microphone, or just listen? I'm thinking of embarking on a similar journey with my smaller SVS PB12-NSD and was wondering how you did the crawl. That said, I would face the same dilemna in terms of placement -- aesthetics vs. sound -- but I still want to know whether I'm sitting in null or a void!

#218 ·
Nice updates man

#219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff /forum/post/21994415

I took the feet off of them so they slide on the carpet fairly well.

I looped a 40hz test tone and crawled around the room. I played a son also and cut the speakers off and listened to just the subs.

Make sure the feet aren't covering holes. With Submersives the feet screw in pretty far, and Mark said they need to be in or there will be leaks. I don't know if eD has a similar design with their feet.

BTW, you have PM. You may already know everything I said but I just wanted to make sure.

#223 ·
Awesome thread man. Where in cajun country are you from if you dont mind me asking? I am about to buy a house in Mandeville that has a bonus room almost exactly like yours, but of course the wife wants to make it a bedroom/playroom, but I like your idea much, much better!

#225 ·
How you liking the center?

#227 ·
Forget all the gadgets, I just want the room!
They just built two new homes down the street and they appear to have media rooms over the garage. Seems to be the new trend in homes, well around here. I think it is time to move. Nice set up, happy tinkering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.