AVS Forum banner

"Scandal" on ABC HD

4K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  videobruce 
#1 ·
Just finished the first episode. Fast, paced barnburner. Lot of potential IMHO.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark /forum/post/21877907

Interesting, I thought it moved quickly.

Slow as in not much action or scandal going on. When she kicked it into high gear and started using her power, it was GREAT. I guess you and I are the only ones that watched it.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark /forum/post/21878251

Guess this will be the shortest thread in AVS history.

No way, I am not giving up. You and I can bring this thread into greatness, once people realize we found a good show, (knock on wood) they will join us.

#7 ·
Because of the very lukewarm review USA TODAY gave this show, I was not going to bother with it. However, you two guys have talked me into giving it a try.

#10 ·
I really wanted to catch this but already had 2 things programmed to record and for whatever reason ABC decided to not repeat the pilot after the initial broadcast
Sure they can repeat the Pilots of other shows on Saturday night but not this one
If I can't catch the pilot I don't bother with the program and no, I won't watch it on my computer.

Really stupid IMO to invest money and advertising on a pilot and not re-air it on a dead night, especially when the initial airing is on Thursday night against other proven programs....oh well, lots of other programs to watch.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/21879647

I really wanted to catch this but already had 2 things programmed to record and for whatever reason ABC decided to not repeat the pilot after the initial broadcast
Sure they can repeat the Pilots of other shows on Saturday night but not this one
If I can't catch the pilot I don't bother with the program and no, I won't watch it on my computer.

Really stupid IMO to invest money and advertising on a pilot and not re-air it on a dead night, especially when the initial airing is on Thursday night against other proven programs....oh well, lots of other programs to watch.

To each his own, I guess.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired flyer /forum/post/21880479

The more successful Shonda Rhimes is, the more she incorporates her political views into her shows. I'll pass on this.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head. As promised earlier, I watched this piece of garbage hoping to be entertained. I wasn't entertained; I was offended. If I want political commentary, I will watched the news programs of which there are many.

Please excuse the rant.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/21879647

premiere was repeated last Monday at 10, in Castle's slot.

#18 ·
Well after missing the pilot I was able to record and watch the second episode(missed the last minute repeat of the pilot
). While I didn't really dislike the 2nd episode it just wasn't my cup of tea, I'll skip the season pass but hope it sticks for those of you like it. Lots worse on TV thats for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.