AVS Forum banner
88K views 2K replies 196 participants last post by  Keenan 
#1 ·
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

A group of people struggle to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where the all forms of energy have mysteriously disappeared.

#3 ·
I'm all for starting a thread early but if you are going to start one four months early at least include some basic info like the fact it's from Eric Kripke too (Favreau won't be there directing after episode one) and that it will air on Mondays at 10pm after The Voice.

Based on that pairing and that time slot I'm expecting it to be dead in ten episodes.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/22019919

I'll catch the pilot at least, but not hopeful at all this will be a wild success. We are talking about NBC, here..

LOL...that was my first thought too...Still, despite the debacle that was Alcatraz, Abrams gives me hope. At the very least, the pilot should be interesting.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn /forum/post/22019775

I'm all for starting a thread early but if you are going to start one four months early at least include some basic info like the fact it's from Eric Kripke too (Favreau won't be there directing after episode one) and that it will air on Mondays at 10pm after The Voice.

That's what I rely on you for.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn /forum/post/22019775

Based on that pairing and that time slot I'm expecting it to be dead in ten episodes.

It's Kripke's involvement that caught my eye, I'll certainly be watching simply on that fact alone.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/22021158

It's Kripke's involvement that caught my eye, I'll certainly be watching simply on that fact alone.

I agree. JJ Abrams and Jon Favreau get all the attention, but the fact is this is Eric Kripke's show. As VisionOn mentioned, Favreau simply directed the pilot, but will probably not be involved in the day-to-day operations of the show (although he will probably have an executive-producer credit, like Bryan Singer on House, and so many other feature directors who do pilots) and JJ won't really be any more involved than most other Bad Robot productions.

#11 ·
NBC and alternate reality/future shows? Can you say The Event? Or Journeyman?

Good ideas, wrong channel. Maybe if they throw enough darts and have a clue on how to create a plot that's not full of holes and makes you want to watch, it could stick.

Oh wait, this is NBC. (I thought Journeyman was pretty darn good, btw).

#12 ·
OK, so an old 50's or early 60's car should run as it doesn't have anything electronic except a Battery, see Jericho after an EMP Lots of old VW Beetles running around??? A little Falling Skies, a little Jericho, and Giancarlo Esposito fresh off his splendid turn on Breaking Bad..Why not, gonna ck. it out. At least the Pilot should be good with Jon Favreau as Director....

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/22021158

If it flops at least there's a chance Kripke will have more time to stop Supernatural from slowly crawling to a tired and forgettable end.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca /forum/post/22021498

OK, so an old 50's or early 60's car should run as it doesn't have anything electronic except a Battery, see Jericho after an EMP Lots of old VW Beetles running around??? A little Falling Skies, a little Jericho, and Giancarlo Esposito fresh off his splendid turn on Breaking Bad..Why not, gonna ck. it out. At least the Pilot should be good with Jon Favreau as Director....

You still need the spark to ignite the gasoline. Thats electric.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 /forum/post/22023583

You still need the spark to ignite the gasoline. Thats electric.

So, no more lightning during storms?

If fire still works then so do batteries. Both are chemical reactions.

Electric is not the same as electronic.

Electrons don't flow - then your brain stops too.

Inhibit semiconductor operation ? OK, but the old VW will still run.

I find the premise rather preposterous.

Sorry, I'll pass on this one.

I dislike low budget post-apocalyptic shows in general anyway.

#20 ·
I'm so out there is no looking back. I don't care who is involved creatively I'm totally sick and tired of post apocalyptic shows and movies. They have been done to death and all have pretty much failed. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome? This certainty qualifies.

It's time for some optimism toward the future, not doom and gloom.

#21 ·
it looks like some sort of anti-technology technology (maybe from orbit) is being used and only those with those portable devices can counter the effect--I feel like I saw the whole series from just that one trailer lol

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr /forum/post/22023935

it looks like some sort of anti-technology technology (maybe from orbit) is being used and only those with those portable devices can counter the effect--I feel like I saw the whole series from just that one trailer lol

And in four episodes they find out that it was all the fault of Snake Plissken.

#23 ·
It looks like the same ole negative posters are here again dising a show based on a two minute trailer. Same old names, same old song.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee /forum/post/22024024

It looks like the same ole negative posters are here again dising a show based on a two minute trailer. Same old names, same old song.

No, we're dissing the idea that a show like this could make it on a mainstream channel (especially NBC!), given the massive history of failures for this genre. Lost was the exception, not the rule.

They're always watered down and unrealistic in an attempt to appeal to the broadest audience, which is understandable but sad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.