AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rboster 
#1 ·
All -

My needs are not too complicated (I think)... Before I order, I'd love some input.

My setup is fairly simple:

Denon 4311

Panasonic AR100U

120" screen

Will mostly watch BR disks but will also watch standard def. If I could find a player that will connect to my NAS for ripped disks that would be a plus. Finally, looking for one that will work well and potentially bi-directionally communicate with one of the android based remote apps (irule, roomie, etc.).

Not looking to spend a fortune if avoidable.

Thanks to all for any suggestions!

Jeff

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffelliott /forum/post/22086056

connect to my NAS for ripped disks that would be a plus.

This may be an issue for you if you purchase a blu-ray player licensed for production after Feb 2012 as these players must include cinavia processing which will foil your ability to play ripped discs which are infected with cinavia drm from anywhere other than the original disc itself.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 /forum/post/22086170

This may be an issue for you if you purchase a blu-ray player licensed for production after Feb 2012 as these players must include cinavia processing which will foil your ability to play ripped discs which are infected with cinavia drm from anywhere other than the original disc itself.

Thanks for the suggestions! I take it that I'll need to find a player on the used market to avoid the cinavia issue?

Any other player suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.