AVS Forum banner

The Color of Money & Cocktail

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  oink 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
That is an old, old transfer being used for this blu-ray. Image is barely any better than 480p, but it comes in a blu case so it must be HD right? This is why I lawl at 4k.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss HD /forum/post/22099474

OH......MY....GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blu Ray looks horrible!! H O R R I B L E!

One of the worst looking catalog BDs i have ever seen.

Shame on you Disney/Touchstone!!! Shame on you!

Have you see MGM's Blu-Ray of Scorsese's New York, New York ? If only it looked half as good as Color of Money.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/22101734

It's a new transfer, evidenced by the pool felt color change.

Then the new transfer is worse than the DVD.

I normally don't comment on transfers but this one really is crappy. On the caps-a-holic link take a look at pic 2 and make sure to choose png and 1920x1080. There's actually MORE detail (look at Tom Cruise's shirt) on the DVD pic vs. the Blu-ray pic. Now I understand that the color timing seems to be different BUT when the DVD looks better than the supposed "Full HD" 1920x1080p image, there's something seriously wrong here.

#15 ·
Watched "The Color of Money" last night - it looks pretty horrid. No detail, murky blacks - it's one of the worst looking Blu-rays I've seen.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss HD  /t/1397493/the-color-of-money-cocktail#post_22104991

@dvdmike007

You really like this Disc?

Can't be....i know you are very critical.

I have not seen it, I have only glanced at the caps looking for the pool table changes only as I knew about the "restoration" I may still buy it as I adore the movie but only when on super sale.

#20 ·
#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007  /t/1397493/the-color-of-money-cocktail#post_22097222

I am not sure where you are getting that from!

Both look like DVD's, not Blu-rays. Two films that I have seen in HD and they looked HD, unlike the Blu-ray discs. Family Man on DTheater and Color of Money on HDTV.

Two of my favorite films, VERY poorly represented on Blu-ray. Maybe I am influence by these two being favorites, but Family Man and Color of Money have to be two of the worst "HD" transfers I've seen.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra166  /t/1397493/the-color-of-money-cocktail#post_22110668

Both look like DVD's, not Blu-rays. Two films that I have seen in HD and they looked HD, unlike the Blu-ray discs. Family Man on DTheater and Color of Money on HDTV.

Two of my favorite films, VERY poorly represented on Blu-ray. Maybe I am influence by these two being favorites, but Family Man and Color of Money have to be two of the worst "HD" transfers I've seen.

You said just upscaled and brightened, and that is clearly not the case as the tables have been corrected.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041  /t/1397493/the-color-of-money-cocktail#post_22110860

Oh boy... that is one rancid piece of incompetent home video dogs**t
That's a Disney/BV release? If anyone over there has an ounce of professional pride, it should be recalled.
Something went wrong in the process.

Disney usually does their BDs very well.

This is the 2nd M.S. film Disney has screwed up (GoNY).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.