AVS Forum - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 299
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: datgai
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   07-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 344
Posted By datgai
The keypads were one reason I'm leaning against a...

The keypads were one reason I'm leaning against a Nuvo system. What is the refreshed functionality of the MPS? My google-fu failed me.
Forum: Dedicated Theater Design & Construction   07-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 650
Posted By datgai
Looks interesting... How much were they at lowes?

Looks interesting... How much were they at lowes?
Forum: Home Automation   07-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 313
Posted By datgai
From your post, it sounds like you followed the...

From your post, it sounds like you followed the instructions in terms of setup but not the requirement for cabling. Did you use a cat5, cat5e, or cat6? You might try a Cat 5e or Cat6 to see if it...
Forum: Speakers   06-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 4,028
Posted By datgai
I have JBL LSR4328s and the LSR4312 in my...

I have JBL LSR4328s and the LSR4312 in my bedroom and I love it. I use it almost exclusively for music but sometimes netflix via my laptop. I'm running them off of an EMU0404 USB sound card though....
Forum: Speakers   06-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Replies: 235
Views: 21,626
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by josh6113...

Quote:Originally Posted by josh6113 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/20539288)

I went out and bought tron legacy today on BR and I agree it has...
Forum: Speakers   05-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 944
Posted By datgai
What are you planning on using them for? I...

What are you planning on using them for?

I have a pair of LSi15s and they really do need a good amp.
Forum: Audio theory, Setup and Chat   03-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Replies: 83
Views: 10,391
Posted By datgai
This is good news! I've been waiting for this...

This is good news! I've been waiting for this software to come out and I'm excited to download it and try it!

Thanks for the updates
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 4,027
Posted By datgai
Amps: JBL Synthesis 7160 JBL Synthesis S800 ...

Amps:
JBL Synthesis 7160
JBL Synthesis S800
2x EP2500s

EQ:
Rane RPM88 probably to be replaced soon by a jbl bassq
Forum: Audio theory, Setup and Chat   01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 892
Posted By datgai
I quit reading the description after I read that...

I quit reading the description after I read that it can fix one note bass...http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,182
Posted By datgai
8! Good number! From the Harman white papers,...

8! Good number! From the Harman white papers, I'd suggest coupling two subs in each corner. The other optimal configuration is the center of each midwall but I'd assume you'd like to hide them. I'd...
Forum: Speakers   12-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,213
Posted By datgai
Thanks for sharing! The timing isn't perfect but...

Thanks for sharing! The timing isn't perfect but I'm going to attend if I can swing it!
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 2,064
Posted By datgai
Have you bought anything yet? Quote: ...

Have you bought anything yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockton86 http://images.avsforum.com/avs-/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Speakers   12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Replies: 160
Views: 29,936
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by sendtobrit...

Quote:Originally Posted by sendtobrit http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19622228)

Can anyone compare the Catalyst with the Cinepro speakers? I...
Forum: 2 Channel Audio   12-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Replies: 144
Views: 8,452
Posted By datgai
If a properly executed power cord influences my...

If a properly executed power cord influences my equipment, I wouldn't trust my equipment or it's power design.

Quote:Originally Posted by johnzm http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Audio theory, Setup and Chat   12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 1,448
Posted By datgai
Need more details including goals and budget of...

Need more details including goals and budget of the project?

PS. Sharing the fees?
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   12-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Replies: 2,111
Views: 182,256
Posted By datgai
I'm also extremely interested in this product. I...

I'm also extremely interested in this product. I currently use REW, radio shack SPL meter, and built-in sound for measuring. However, I was never satisfied with REW because I never was able to get...
Forum: 2 Channel Audio   12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Replies: 176
Views: 8,961
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by johnzm...

Quote:Originally Posted by johnzm http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19576649)

the interesting thing is that ALL gear is susceptible to changes in...
Forum: Speakers   11-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Replies: 15,535
Views: 1,341,293
Posted By datgai
I have a set of excellent condition S38s....

I have a set of excellent condition S38s. However, they are beech - not black- like your current speakers. They're currently living in their boxes and haven't been used for some time. If you're...
Forum: Speakers   09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 902
Posted By datgai
Depending on what your requirements are that's a...

Depending on what your requirements are that's a logical idea. To get extension, sensitivity is sacrificed. If you re searching for a high dynamic & capable ht, you re on the right path! All...
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   08-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Replies: 228
Views: 15,199
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by Looneybomber...

Quote:Originally Posted by Looneybomber http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19054939)

Wrong.
What you're saying is if we have the MV at -30db,...
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   08-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Replies: 228
Views: 15,199
Posted By datgai
The ep2500/4000 is a fine amp, the measurements...

The ep2500/4000 is a fine amp, the measurements prove that. My opinion is that the input on the amp is not getting enough input voltage. An amp can clip on low input voltage because it's a...
Forum: Speakers   08-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 11,357
Posted By datgai
The op just proves to me how a high performance...

The op just proves to me how a high performance center and proper placement are key to develop a proper soundstage. Maybe I'm spoiled with my setup but if anything the center is paramount and...
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   08-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Replies: 506
Views: 65,132
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by LTD02...

Quote:Originally Posted by LTD02 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/18990420)

personally, i'd like to see some power compression tests as 5kw into...
Forum: Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers   07-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,274
Posted By datgai
Quote:Originally Posted by spincut...

Quote:Originally Posted by spincut http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/18978134)


I guess I am just curuious datgai, when you say "the same...
Forum: Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers   07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,274
Posted By datgai
If it's a PB12, it's a widely reported problem...

If it's a PB12, it's a widely reported problem with the amp. How do I know? I still have the blasted thing sitting in the garage (4yrs...??) for this same reason...

edit: Speakers from pre-1969??...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 299

 
Forum Jump: