AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 392
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Bookworm
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 486
Posted By Bookworm
You're right, I've gone over this in my head a...

You're right, I've gone over this in my head a million times, moving into a new house with ethernet all over the house. I was thinking of going with the TRENDnet with the internal power supply...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   11-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 486
Posted By Bookworm
Any opinions on the Netgear GS108E-300NAS or the...

Any opinions on the Netgear GS108E-300NAS or the TRENDnet TEG-S80DG?
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   10-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
Is this the one you're referring to:...

Is this the one you're referring to: http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unmanaged-GREENnet-Internal-TEG-S80DG/dp/B0033GFH2E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Here's a photo of the box in my house now that the...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   10-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
Anyone have a recommendation for an 8 port...

Anyone have a recommendation for an 8 port gigabit switch? I've looked at a number of different models at Amazon and Newegg and had no problem finding switches with 4 - 4 1/2 star ratings but then...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   10-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Replies: 1,409
Views: 85,146
Posted By Bookworm
Well, it turns out that my assumption that the...

Well, it turns out that my assumption that the problem is the amplifier is incorrect. After trying everything I could think of to get this working I stumbled on to a tip on the TiVo MoCA setup page...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Replies: 1,409
Views: 85,146
Posted By Bookworm
I bought four Minis from TiVo and on my account...

I bought four Minis from TiVo and on my account page it says: "TiVo Mini Bundle, Product Lifetime" beside all four of them. I bought my Roamio Plus from Amazon and used the PLSR code and beside it...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   10-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Replies: 1,409
Views: 85,146
Posted By Bookworm
I just checked the diag screen on the TWC DVR and...

I just checked the diag screen on the TWC DVR and guess which MoCA frequency it's using? That's right, 1150 MHz! So the 1002 MHz rating on the amplifier isn't affecting operation of the TWC MoCA...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   10-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Replies: 1,409
Views: 85,146
Posted By Bookworm
Yes. It turns out that the problem is the...

Yes. It turns out that the problem is the distribution amp TWC provides. TiVo tech support says the FWD frequency of any splitter or amp needs to be greater than 1200 MHz and all TWC equipment tops...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   10-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Replies: 1,409
Views: 85,146
Posted By Bookworm
Just got my TiVo Roamio Plus and I have a...

Just got my TiVo Roamio Plus and I have a question about MoCA as well. To use the MoCA adapter in the Roamio requires an ethernet connection to the router. I don't have an ethernet network in my...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
Time Warner will let use your own modem but you...

Time Warner will let use your own modem but you still have to use their's for the eMTA so you wind up with two modems. The only bright side is they don't charge you the $5.99 for the modem if it's...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
More than likely I'll continue using Time...

More than likely I'll continue using Time Warner's digital phone. They provide a modem that takes care of internet, phone and wireless in one box. Having that in the enclosure would allow me to...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-28-2014, 08:31 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
I think locating the modem outside the box is a...

I think locating the modem outside the box is a good idea as well. There are two coax cables coming from outside the house to the box, I assume 1 for tv and one for the modem. If I connect the modem...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
The amp is just for the cable, nothing to do with...

The amp is just for the cable, nothing to do with the ethernet. It's necessary where I live now because the drop to my house runs about 200-250' and there wasn't a strong enough signal. I noticed the...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
Thanks! I see your point about the switch....

Thanks! I see your point about the switch. Regarding adding the router after the modem, since this is a metal box wouldn't that limit the signal strength of the wifi? I would assume that TWC would...
Forum: Home A/V Distribution   09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,032
Posted By Bookworm
Equipment Recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for a gigabit switch and a modem to use in my new house. There are eight combo coax and cat5e jacks around the house coming back to a central location in the master...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   09-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 448
Posted By Bookworm
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the warranties as...

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the warranties as well because since the Minis are basically just electronics, no moving parts, if something is going to go wrong it will probably be pretty soon after...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   09-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 448
Posted By Bookworm
Diving Into The World of Tivo

I'm moving to a new home in another state where, unfortunately, I'll be in a TWC area. I don't want to go with the Whole House DVR route again so I'm thinking of taking advantage of the current deals...
Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception   07-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Replies: 8,001
Views: 755,395
Posted By Bookworm
I've had several recordings missed because "the...

I've had several recordings missed because "the channel was not available" in the last couple of weeks, many more than usual. Has anyone else noticed an increase in this problem lately? Happens...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 1,242
Posted By Bookworm
So my idea of using Intel NUCs at each TV with a...

So my idea of using Intel NUCs at each TV with a Ceton ETH shared among them won't work for channels such as HBO, etc. They don't qualify as extenders. That would work with the HD Home Run Plus and...
Forum: HDTV Programming   11-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Replies: 1,981
Views: 80,575
Posted By Bookworm
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by fhall1 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1410472/revolution-on-nbc/1650#post_23983521)

Best line of the show....Monroe after...
Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception   05-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Replies: 8,001
Views: 755,395
Posted By Bookworm
Thanks!...

Thanks! http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception   04-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Replies: 8,001
Views: 755,395
Posted By Bookworm
Will the currently available tuning adapters...

Will the currently available tuning adapters allow recording of three SDV channels at the same time using an HDHomeRun Prime or will I need two tuning adapters?
Forum: Community News & Polls   08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Replies: 2,846
Views: 31,992
Posted By Bookworm
That projector would be nice in my den! I've got...

That projector would be nice in my den! I've got my fingers crossed! http://files.avsforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Forum: HDTV Programming   01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Replies: 481
Views: 35,899
Posted By Bookworm
Quote:Originally Posted by bpeacock22...

Quote:Originally Posted by bpeacock22 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/21514227)


P.S. Did anyone think to try to capture the QR code on Jake's...
Forum: HDTV Programming   11-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Replies: 733
Views: 42,662
Posted By Bookworm
Quote:Originally Posted by dfergie...

Quote:Originally Posted by dfergie http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/21213274)

I thought so also, was wincing when she was stitching her wound......
Showing results 1 to 25 of 392

 
Forum Jump: