AVS Forum - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 1000
Search took 1.82 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: EVT
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   07-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Replies: 545
Views: 31,439
Posted By EVT
As far as I know, what UV offers is the upgrade...

As far as I know, what UV offers is the upgrade of a DVD to an HD copy, not necessarily one that is equivalent to blu-ray. I've tried it on a couple of titles that weren't available on blu-ray at...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Replies: 545
Views: 31,439
Posted By EVT
Look, I don't subscribe to the ideas the studios...

Look, I don't subscribe to the ideas the studios float that each instance of piracy is a lost sale - that's just plain ridiculous. However, I can't believe that they aren't losing at least some...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   07-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Replies: 545
Views: 31,439
Posted By EVT
I follow your points in the second paragraph and...

I follow your points in the second paragraph and there are some pretty extreme examples of pricing things based on what each different market will bear, but, the move from VHS to DVD and then to...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Replies: 545
Views: 31,439
Posted By EVT
I see your point with regards to quality and I...

I see your point with regards to quality and I agree it isn't at a point where it's ready to compete with a native blu-ray. However, I have to ask, as someone who has been doing this a while I can't...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   06-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Replies: 545
Views: 31,439
Posted By EVT
Their position isn't that difficult to understand...

Their position isn't that difficult to understand - why shouldn't they try stop as many people who haven't bought a movie from watching it as they can? However, the legitimate buyers of blu-ray...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   06-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
The forced subs are usually not the issue as...

The forced subs are usually not the issue as you've pointed out. The issue is when the english subtitles for non-english speaking parts are in a separate track. However, this too is easy to find...
Forum: Xbox Area   06-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Replies: 102
Views: 13,059
Posted By EVT
That's why in my opinion the only game system...

That's why in my opinion the only game system suitable for blu-ray and media streaming is the PS3. To be fair, the PS4 has the option to bitstream blu-ray but for me, unless they add support for...
Forum: Xbox Area   06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Replies: 53
Views: 14,203
Posted By EVT
For this reason, nobody with a surround sound...

For this reason, nobody with a surround sound setup should be using an XBOX One as a blu-ray player or streamer.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix on this, it's been this way for 7 months...
Forum: Xbox Area   06-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Replies: 102
Views: 13,059
Posted By EVT
The Xbox One is still not a reliable blu-ray...

The Xbox One is still not a reliable blu-ray player or streamer.

Until it sends the correct number of channels of audio to an AVR and stops sending blank channels (e.g. a 2.0 source is sent as...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   06-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Replies: 705
Views: 26,690
Posted By EVT
imagic, I've considered doing something...

imagic,

I've considered doing something similar but I can't get past the idea of watching an inferior quality product to blu-ray - even if the difference is getting smaller and smaller.

Also,...
Forum: PlayStation Area   05-30-2014, 07:17 AM
Replies: 436
Views: 11,146
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Conspiracy* http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   05-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
That's too bad. I was hoping that this was...

That's too bad. I was hoping that this was something along the lines of the Dune Flash Interface which came out a few years ago.

It looks like this interface will be just what I'm looking for but...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Binnerup http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1270503/new-dune-hd-max-and-hd-smart-anticipation-thread-q3-2010/10830#post_24724536)
...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   04-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
I started with full disc rips but the loading...

I started with full disc rips but the loading time was not tolerable. Once you try movie-only rips and they are running in just a few seconds, waiting an eternity for java heavy discs no longer...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   01-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Off hand, I can't recall how to edit TV shows....

Off hand, I can't recall how to edit TV shows. However, Zappiti does indeed index movies alphabetically. Perhaps the only criticism is it doesn't omit thing suchs as: the, a, an, etc. So your index...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   01-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by GusGus748s http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1270503/new-dune-hd-max-and-hd-smart-anticipation-thread-q3-2010/10650#post_24184007)...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   01-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by mickey79 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1270503/new-dune-hd-max-and-hd-smart-anticipation-thread-q3-2010/10650#post_24184242)
...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   01-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by RaggedEdge http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1270503/new-dune-hd-max-and-hd-smart-anticipation-thread-q3-2010/10620#post_24183919)...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   01-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Replies: 10,915
Views: 951,672
Posted By EVT
Hi guys, I've noticed over the last little...

Hi guys,

I've noticed over the last little while that more and more of my rips have drop outs when I bitstream audio to my AVRs with both my Dune players. As a workaround I've switched to PCM...
Forum: Remote Control Area   01-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Replies: 2,052
Views: 155,105
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by CaptMike http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1468520/harmony-ultimate-smart-control-and-hub/1320#post_24161913)

All of your...
Forum: Remote Control Area   01-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Replies: 2,052
Views: 155,105
Posted By EVT
Hi guys, I just picked up a Harmony...

Hi guys,

I just picked up a Harmony Ultimate. Moving from a Harmony One I'm happy with the fact I only have to press a button once (thanks to RF line of sight is an issue of the past). While I...
Forum: Xbox Area   12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 606
Posted By EVT
Wait a second, there's no way to delete a demo? ...

Wait a second, there's no way to delete a demo?

I knew you couldn't see how much space you've used but I thought the uninstall feature deleted the demo - is that not the case?
Forum: Xbox Area   11-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Replies: 102
Views: 13,059
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by aaronwt http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1501865/xbox-one-blu-ray-hd-audio#post_23999380)

But the problem still with the XBOne...
Forum: Xbox Area   11-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Replies: 102
Views: 13,059
Posted By EVT
Hi everyone, Is there any documentation as...

Hi everyone,

Is there any documentation as to what the XBOX One does with HD audio including DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD and Even Dolby+ ?

The only options appear to be selecting uncompressed 7.1...
Forum: Xbox Area   11-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 5,043
Posted By EVT
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by sirjonsnow http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1501318/xbox-one-and-harmony-universal-remote#post_23988945)

My Kinect isn't even...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 1000

 
Forum Jump: