AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews - Search Results
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Showing results 1 to 25 of 1649
Search took 0.64 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: RonF
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
Good catch Augie!

Good catch Augie!
Forum: Latest Industry News   08-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Replies: 2,312
Views: 89,533
Posted By RonF
Fair to assume you would be a Darbee hater? If...

Fair to assume you would be a Darbee hater? If so, IMO, kind of silly when it can be used judiciously to good benefit or not so judiciously depending on viewer taste and what THEY want to see out...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Replies: 334
Views: 15,602
Posted By RonF
Wait .... what? Vizio is proud to tell buyers...

Wait .... what? Vizio is proud to tell buyers about how they're going to be "data mined" up the wazoo ......with s.o.t.a. tech, of course. Really? :eek: :mad:
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-14-2015, 01:34 AM
Replies: 246
Views: 4,804
Posted By RonF
Were the attendees people or hawks? I thought...

Were the attendees people or hawks? I thought with 20/20 that should be impossible from 9 feet especially only on a 55" set. Maybe it's not quite as immutable a fact as is continuously stated? ...
Forum: Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming   08-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Replies: 122
Views: 4,054
Posted By RonF
Flippant comment, but have to ...... did UHD...

Flippant comment, but have to ...... did UHD improve or make more comprehensible the WTF moments behind the bookshelves? :D :D
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Replies: 246
Views: 4,804
Posted By RonF
Yes I have read the 20/20 eyesight facts with...

Yes I have read the 20/20 eyesight facts with resolving detail at certain distances. But honest question. Is it possible something else is going on with perception of a 4K picture from "beyond" the...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Replies: 246
Views: 4,804
Posted By RonF
I agree with this 100%. The old you can't tell...

I agree with this 100%. The old you can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080P on same sized screens 12, 15 feet back is a crock. I too a couple years ago was mid display rack in a Fry's store,...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Replies: 3,569
Views: 189,057
Posted By RonF
Sorry for off topic but am interested in an M or...

Sorry for off topic but am interested in an M or a P series 4K 65" or 70" Vizio when my 6 year old Samsung LED DLP 61" set dies, if it ever does. How do you "upgrade" Netflix to 4K? I have plenty...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
HA!! It did it again last night with the sudden...

HA!! It did it again last night with the sudden drop in brightness. Same place exactly ...... while watching Breaking Bad on Netflix through the Roku. Immediately went to other programs on Netflix...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
No need for rolleyes at "swell". Was meant...

No need for rolleyes at "swell".

Was meant as tongue in cheek with the "ever so swell".

Thanks again for your help and all of those part numbers. What you say does make better sense, to search...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
Once again, wholeheartedly, thank you for jumping...

Once again, wholeheartedly, thank you for jumping in so soon and your help and opinions and follow up to my new questions. For sure I would have also pulled off the top back cover. Which in fact...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
Thanks again cosmicvoid OK glad I asked about...

Thanks again cosmicvoid
OK glad I asked about the covers on the back, will just pull the lower one off and see what I can vacuum out and / or feather dust. Just curious will any of that, like the 3...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
Red face cosmicvoid Thanks for your very perceptive post...

cosmicvoid
Thanks for your very perceptive post and recommended course of actions. It was just so damn odd that it looked like a TV problem as I had never seen it before with the TV or any issues...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Replies: 3,569
Views: 189,057
Posted By RonF
I've usually been of the same mind set when...

I've usually been of the same mind set when trying to compare same brand, same size 1080P vs 4K LCD sets on shelves side by side with same source material. A couple of years ago in Fry's I was doing...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   08-05-2015, 01:05 AM
Replies: 16,061
Views: 1,950,961
Posted By RonF
1st Problem 6 years HL61A750

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Sammy HL61A750 for 6 years and am guessing I have 25-30,000 hours on it. Have never been into the back and until a couple of months ago, I was running it with LOW...
Forum: Video Processors   06-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Replies: 111
Views: 6,835
Posted By RonF
Hi Mark, has been awhile. Hope you have been...

Hi Mark, has been awhile. Hope you have been enjoying life and your great A/V gear. Yeah a Darbee unit won't increase saturation. If fact, with still photos, using their user self demo upload and...
Forum: Latest Industry News   01-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Replies: 2,312
Views: 89,533
Posted By RonF
:D:D

:D:D
Forum: Latest Industry News   01-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Replies: 2,312
Views: 89,533
Posted By RonF
Originally Posted by rlb "Specific detail",...

Originally Posted by rlb
"Specific detail", probably can't tell the difference for 70" display over 9 feet away. But will the picture look different on 70' display when comparing HD and good UHD at...
Forum: HDTV Technical   11-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 779
Posted By RonF
Thanks for both comments above and I would...

Thanks for both comments above and I would certainly welcome more as I have a 3 week window to get back to them within which I lose some other normal fees or costs associated with the start up.
...
Forum: HDTV Technical   11-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 779
Posted By RonF
How does U-verse with fiber optic picture quality compare to DirecTV?

Howdy. I used to have Charter Cable and with a dedicated theater and high end JVC projectors over 6-7 years, and the best channels looked very good with an 8.5' wide 16x9 image. When I bought a new...
Forum: Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP   06-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Replies: 4,283
Views: 479,995
Posted By RonF
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by CCLAY http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/957044/rs2-pro-fpj1-owners-setup-discussion-thread/4200#post_24781492)

How is the 60...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Replies: 6,033
Views: 646,582
Posted By RonF
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by bigntazt http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1510136/2014-vizio-thread-all-models/3300#post_24753199)

Quote:

Ok, I took some...
Forum: Latest Industry News   05-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Replies: 116
Views: 15,401
Posted By RonF
Originally Posted by MarkSerial View Post ...

Originally Posted by MarkSerial View Post

MichLinton is an idiot sockpuppet troll.

He has used the name Jim McMahon
at his post at CNET and at Forbes used a different one (Forbes sucks and...
Forum: Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP   04-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Replies: 11,413
Views: 763,217
Posted By RonF
If you mean the Playboy club up high in one of...

If you mean the Playboy club up high in one of the buildings on Sunset Blvd, Ha! again. I did go there once on a double date with a friend of mine. Only time. All those cute girlie waitresses with...
Forum: Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP   04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Replies: 11,413
Views: 763,217
Posted By RonF
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by trans_lux http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1434826/projector-mini-shootout-thread-2013-2014/7260#post_24558380)
...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 1649

 
Forum Jump: