AVS Forum - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 1592
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: avnstf
Forum: HDTV Recorders   03-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
am I right to assume izzy's process will not...

am I right to assume izzy's process will not lose recordings or channel setup, etc?

thanks - Tony
Forum: HDTV Recorders   03-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Hi, this may be a futile, but here goes: is...

Hi, this may be a futile, but here goes: is there a summary somewhere in this thread of what can be done under different circumstances with respect to recording? A long time ago, I was familiar with...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   03-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Replies: 3,379
Views: 329,690
Posted By avnstf
Hi, I've had a tivo premier since last summer,...

Hi, I've had a tivo premier since last summer, and the last couple of days I've noticed an oddity: although the grid guide display has the times right for programs tomorrow (Sunday) and later, all...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   07-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Replies: 7,205
Views: 769,316
Posted By avnstf
by the way, I discovered a few days go that I...

by the way, I discovered a few days go that I probably stopped getting listings because the timer I'm using to turn the power off and on was suddenly wrong because of daylight savings time taking...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   07-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Replies: 7,205
Views: 769,316
Posted By avnstf
I posted a message about the fact that something...

I posted a message about the fact that something had changed in April that rendered my setup for getting TV Guide listings ineffective (though I still get the clock set), but I didn't get any...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Replies: 7,205
Views: 769,316
Posted By avnstf
Hi....I haven't been around for a while, largely...

Hi....I haven't been around for a while, largely because after I got my LG set up so that, once again, it downloaded listing automatically, I decided to stop worrying about it..

I did this by...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   12-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Replies: 7,205
Views: 769,316
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by chasieb...

Quote:Originally Posted by chasieb http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19594026)

I am the one who posted about the use of the timer. The problem is...
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays   12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Replies: 15,007
Views: 2,118,617
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by gardear1...

Quote:Originally Posted by gardear1 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19606503)

update for anyone that has this problem in the future, techs took...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   12-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Replies: 7,205
Views: 769,316
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by chasieb...

Quote:Originally Posted by chasieb http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/18832006)

My LG 3410 started acting up several months ago and needed to be...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   09-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by Opinionated...

Quote:Originally Posted by Opinionated http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19222188)

Considering that I switched over yesterday and have a grid and...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   09-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by Apesbrain...

Quote:Originally Posted by Apesbrain http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19151182)

It's been several months since I last used my HDD500 and when I...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by sanjoseskater...

Quote:Originally Posted by sanjoseskater http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19128701)

Has anyone else experienced this? For the third day in a row,...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
well, KPIX has gone blooey again as far as...

well, KPIX has gone blooey again as far as listings are concerned...nothing for days 6 to 8...more weekend foolishness....hope it settles down by late September...Tony

(nor has my 3410a gotten...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Pythagoras would have been proud (apropo of his...

Pythagoras would have been proud (apropo of his "theory of numbers")...Tony http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/smile.gif
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by HoustonPerson...

Quote:Originally Posted by HoustonPerson http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/1910163)


Mark did you say that maybe San Francisco got fixed?


I...
Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception   08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Replies: 11,623
Views: 1,012,552
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by Larry Kenney...

Quote:Originally Posted by Larry Kenney http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19032357)

The FCC map system is no longer working, so now it's hard to...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by mabuttra...

Quote:Originally Posted by mabuttra http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19088188)

Tony,

Do you check the 753 menu regularly? Is it possible your...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by mabuttra...

Quote:Originally Posted by mabuttra http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19087346)

You don't see your download history fill in because your host...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by MaxPaws...

Quote:Originally Posted by MaxPaws http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19076952)

Sony doesn't list their DHG-HDD500 for sale on their SonyStyle...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by avnstf...

Quote:Originally Posted by avnstf http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19059827)

Unfortunately, have now NOT gotten listings 4 days in a row for...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
Unfortunately, have now NOT gotten listings 4...

Unfortunately, have now NOT gotten listings 4 days in a row for either my Sony or my 3410a (grids and earlier listings still intact)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/mad.gif Tony
...
Forum: HDTV Recorders   08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Replies: 29,351
Views: 2,889,493
Posted By avnstf
I noted last week that TVGOS data was missing...

I noted last week that TVGOS data was missing for a couple of days, but it came back the next day....now it's gone missing again, for 3 days so far...

I haven't been participating in the current...
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays   08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Replies: 15,007
Views: 2,118,617
Posted By avnstf
so I am still puzzled about the references I've...

so I am still puzzled about the references I've seen elsewhere about the 5020 having TV Guide capability...does it? or did the later production perhaps drop it?

as noted below we are primarily...
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays   08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Replies: 15,007
Views: 2,118,617
Posted By avnstf
Quote:Originally Posted by jmmesch...

Quote:Originally Posted by jmmesch http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/19044132)

TV Guide is antenna-broadcast only.


yes, but I don't see any...
Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays   08-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Replies: 15,007
Views: 2,118,617
Posted By avnstf
I have a 5020 that I bought last year as Best...

I have a 5020 that I bought last year as Best Buy was closing them out and that we enjoy very much.

But I've been a bit puzzled that I've seen references elsewhere to it having a T V Guide...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 1592

 
Forum Jump: