AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews - Search Results
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Showing results 1 to 25 of 508
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: bo130
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   06-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Replies: 195
Views: 86,180
Posted By bo130
Exactly. That's why I don't buy sacds just...

Exactly. That's why I don't buy sacds just because they have the sacd logo. I think the source and mastering plays into it as well.
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   12-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Replies: 2,023
Views: 123,208
Posted By bo130
Count me as one who has sent a receiver in for...

Count me as one who has sent a receiver in for their repair/replacement of the HDMI board (NR818).

I'm not sure if this is a trend, but this makes me think of the "red ring of death" that the xbox...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   12-17-2015, 04:53 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 178
Posted By bo130
JA I haven't compared it to the old SACD. ...

JA I haven't compared it to the old SACD. However, Beck's 'Sea Change' MOFI is very well regarded, even by the artist. I would not hesitate to pick it up, even though it is not SACD. I also have...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   11-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Replies: 251
Views: 6,129
Posted By bo130
I don't really come into this forum very much...

I don't really come into this forum very much anymore mainly due to what this thread subject is about. I think that there's a lot of things that go on within this hobby of sorts that leaves reality...
Forum: Blu-ray Software   09-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Replies: 68
Views: 6,438
Posted By bo130
Gotcha. I never heard of the news of Lucas...

Gotcha. I never heard of the news of Lucas successfully gaining ownership to ANH. I just knew that Fox owned it. But knowing how much he dislikes studios, I can totally see this scenario taking...
Forum: Blu-ray Software   09-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Replies: 68
Views: 6,438
Posted By bo130
Actually, Fox does. They own the rights to A New...

Actually, Fox does. They own the rights to A New Hope. Fox was the only studio willing to put the money up for the movie, and Lucas had no leverage at all with rights with the original film (he did...
Forum: Surround Music Formats   08-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Replies: 109
Views: 8,258
Posted By bo130
I'd be surprised if there were any players being...

I'd be surprised if there were any players being made new today other than Oppo that decode DVD-Audio. And if they are, they're likely close to if not more expensive than an Oppo player.
Forum: Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat   08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Replies: 603
Views: 20,786
Posted By bo130
Back in the day on the audioreview forum, there...

Back in the day on the audioreview forum, there use to be a person who would *constantly* remind everyone of how he was an EE. He would mention it at least once every 4th post, until his credentials...
Forum: CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports   08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Replies: 942
Views: 58,430
Posted By bo130
db I appreciate your response. However I was...

db I appreciate your response. However I was looking more for Audio4Life to respond.
Forum: CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports   08-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Replies: 942
Views: 58,430
Posted By bo130
Would you say that pyschoacoustics is a science,...

Would you say that pyschoacoustics is a science, and/or the fields relating to audio engineering?
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   07-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Replies: 2,141
Views: 122,528
Posted By bo130
So, you are saying that - at $2k, nothing beats...

So, you are saying that - at $2k, nothing beats the XMC-1 as a stereo preamp (DAC, analog performance)?
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   07-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Replies: 2,141
Views: 122,528
Posted By bo130
Do you have one? And even if you don't (and are...

Do you have one? And even if you don't (and are just speculating) what makes this unit "sound great" versus any other option at $2k?

And, secondly, (this point wasn't really addressed) why...
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Replies: 2,141
Views: 122,528
Posted By bo130
But, you will still read of people hurling their...

But, you will still read of people hurling their $2k at this thing, which is the biggest mystery, because it is all too obvious that those who spend their $2k will be getting (as you stated) a...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   07-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Replies: 195
Views: 86,180
Posted By bo130
Bill - I just noticed your old post here, but...

Bill - I just noticed your old post here, but another thing to mention is that there are titles on SACD that were sourced from 16/44, and were not transferred from the original tapes through a DSD...
Forum: Surround Music Formats   06-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 1,285
Posted By bo130
Some may consider this blasphemous, but I would...

Some may consider this blasphemous, but I would love for the entire catalog to be completely remixed not only in 5.1, but also remixed in stereo. The original stereo mixes are primitive, and they...
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   06-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Replies: 1,210
Views: 65,454
Posted By bo130
Emotiva has been a success in the amplifier...

Emotiva has been a success in the amplifier category. I am still surprised at the amount of energy, time, and money - plus damage to their reputation - that they pour into their pre pros.
Forum: Speakers   04-10-2014, 07:45 AM
Replies: 61
Views: 1,873
Posted By bo130
That's perfectly fine that you have your own...

That's perfectly fine that you have your own opinion. Me bent out of shape? Hardly...
Forum: Speakers   04-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Replies: 61
Views: 1,873
Posted By bo130
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Transmaniacon http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   03-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Replies: 10,454
Views: 798,385
Posted By bo130
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by theoneofgod http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412714/onkyo-tx-nr818-official-owners-thread-discussion/9300#post_24480825)

I've...
Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors   03-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Replies: 10,454
Views: 798,385
Posted By bo130
I am a new owner of the 818, and I am having a...

I am a new owner of the 818, and I am having a problem with updating the firmware. I've done all of the instructions to the letter (including viewing Onkyo's video on how to update the firmware),...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Replies: 110
Views: 6,629
Posted By bo130
However; Some audiophiles claim (claim...

However;

Some audiophiles claim (claim being the key word) that different cables change the sound, emphasizing some frequencies over others. Why isn't this looked down upon as lacking "purity of...
Forum: Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat   01-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Replies: 83
Views: 3,178
Posted By bo130
I agree that some of the responses and topics...

I agree that some of the responses and topics within this thread are noteworthy. I'm not referring to what others said. My simple point is that it's a fallacy to assume that the basis of criticism...
Forum: Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat   01-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Replies: 83
Views: 3,178
Posted By bo130
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by amirm http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1511786/audio-woo-at-its-worst-please-try-to-watch-all-the-way-through/30#post_24230229)
...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   01-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Replies: 145
Views: 36,430
Posted By bo130
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by hdcase http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Forum: 2-Channel Audio   01-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Replies: 145
Views: 36,430
Posted By bo130
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by hogger129 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 508

 
Forum Jump: