AVS Forum - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 3.96 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: Nizztos
Forum: HTPC - Linux Chat   06-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 2,021
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by Rgb http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414899/fanless-htpc-using-linux-where-can-i-read-up-on-it#post_22132158)

What specific...
Forum: HTPC - Linux Chat   06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 2,021
Posted By Nizztos
Rgb: Thanks for the info. Adding a...

Rgb:

Thanks for the info.

Adding a card in the future is not an option for me. Again due to my desire for a slimmed down case where a card would not fit.

However, the information you...
Forum: HTPC - Linux Chat   06-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 2,021
Posted By Nizztos
rgb: Lots of interesting info there, but in my...

rgb:
Lots of interesting info there, but in my case a picoPSU trumps Flash. I.e. if it is one or the other I can live without Flash.
Is the Flash issue an issue with Linux or with lack of HW...
Forum: HTPC - Linux Chat   06-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 2,021
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by Neil...

Quote:Originally Posted by Neil L http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414899/fanless-htpc-using-linux-where-can-i-read-up-on-it#post_22118622)

This is not...
Forum: HTPC - Linux Chat   06-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 2,021
Posted By Nizztos
I have a set of requirements for my "htpc", I...

I have a set of requirements for my "htpc", I use htpc loosely as we all have different goals and definitions and I'm not sure I can do this using Linux. At least not without learning more about...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
Replies: 3,489
Views: 432,089
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by ericbsmith...

Quote:Originally Posted by ericbsmith http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/16165409)


[snip]

Not sure what you're getting at, but from what I...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Replies: 3,489
Views: 432,089
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by Nil Einne...

Quote:Originally Posted by Nil Einne http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/16161025)

Only Phenom core based X2s come with HT3 the same as the Phenoms....
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Replies: 3,489
Views: 432,089
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by ericbsmith...

Quote:Originally Posted by ericbsmith http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/16158822)

If using the IGP you need a Phenom to get best deinterlaced post...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Replies: 3,489
Views: 432,089
Posted By Nizztos
Quote:Originally Posted by Iteki...

Quote:Originally Posted by Iteki http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/post/16156190)

The stock answer has been that if you just want playback, dual or...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Replies: 3,489
Views: 432,089
Posted By Nizztos
What is the optimal cpu with this MB? The...

What is the optimal cpu with this MB?

The list at MSI does not list some of the newer Athlon X2s even if they are 95W and lower.

Is there any reason at all, apart from futureproofing, to go...
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Replies: 84
Views: 9,332
Posted By Nizztos
Yes, a wide angle lens will shorten the throw....

Yes, a wide angle lens will shorten the throw. Usually by a fair amount too.

I'm also worried about distortion. Especially on a lens in the $50 range. Then again, to make sure of a good quality...
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-15-2004, 04:08 AM
Replies: 84
Views: 9,332
Posted By Nizztos
Here is another 'me too' post. I know about...

Here is another 'me too' post.

I know about teleconverters for cameras, but I didn't know there were wide angle adapters. Anyone know what these are called? I'm about to buy a projector and if I...
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 186
Posted By Nizztos
Asked this on the HTPC forum but was told that...

Asked this on the HTPC forum but was told that this was probably a better place.

I have read very positive reviews of the H30. There has not been all that much information about the 6200, but I...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 137
Posted By Nizztos
Thanks, Will post there instead. I have...

Thanks,

Will post there instead. I have seen rumours about the 6800. Unfortunately I need to buy fairly soon. The fact that the H30 is out of stock might force me to go 6200 as it is.

/N
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 137
Posted By Nizztos
I have read very positive reviews of the H30....

I have read very positive reviews of the H30. There has not been all that much information about the 6200, but I can't recall having seen anything bad.

My room is not ideal for projector use. It...
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 1,820
Posted By Nizztos
This will not really help, but I'm in the same...

This will not really help, but I'm in the same boat.

In my case it will be the fact that the projector will be 9' from the wall that decides it for me. I think I will have to go with the 6200...
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 321
Posted By Nizztos
Doh, stupid me. I meant to write that, but I...

Doh, stupid me. I meant to write that, but I guess I forgot as I typed.

It will be used exclusively with a HTPC, so VGA(RGB) only. I will watch (digital) SDTV, divx and DVD. No other uses.

/N
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 321
Posted By Nizztos
I'm about to get my first projector. At first I...

I'm about to get my first projector. At first I was set on the BenQ 6100, but I will have a problem with its throw beeing slightly too long for me. So I started to think about the 6200 instead. In...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
When you say that SDTV looks bad, is that VGA...

When you say that SDTV looks bad, is that VGA from PC or S-video? When I tried the projector from work, one of the things I made sure to try was S-video from my dish-box into computer and then VGA...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
It is pretty clear to me that having both a...

It is pretty clear to me that having both a projector and a CRT is the best option. But if for some reason you would have to pick only one of them. Which one would you go for?

/N
Forum: Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP   03-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Replies: 891
Views: 121,602
Posted By Nizztos
When you say that the room has to be a bit...

When you say that the room has to be a bit darker than you hoped for, how dark do you mean?

I'm looking at this projector because it has a high lumens rating. My room unfortunately has two...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
I borrowed a projector from my office....

I borrowed a projector from my office. Unfortunately it likely doesn't compare to the X1 or 6100/6200 since it is an InFocus LP330. I tried this on an off white wall that isn't flat, bumps and...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
I started research on the projector thing. Looks...

I started research on the projector thing. Looks like that can be really impressive (X1 or BenQ 6100). Having an extra CRT is not an option for me, so the projector would be the only source.
...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
First of I need to let you know that I have zero...

First of I need to let you know that I have zero experience with projectors.

Only time I have ever seen a projector in action is when they do powerpoint presentations at work. I'm assuming that...
Forum: Home Theater Computers   03-05-2004, 03:54 AM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,586
Posted By Nizztos
How does the Monovision handle 4:3? I have never...

How does the Monovision handle 4:3? I have never owned a 16:9 and have had limited exposure to them. It is my assumption that most shows on TV are still 4:3. Doesn't this look 'odd' on a 16:9...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27

 
Forum Jump: