AVS Forum - Search Results
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 1.60 seconds.
Search: Keyword(s): ; Posts Made By: ribbonspeakers
Forum: Speakers   08-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Replies: 280
Views: 27,903
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by JerryLove http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465726/tekton-lore-owners/180#post_23641971)

Assumes facts not in evidence. I have...
Forum: Speakers   08-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Replies: 280
Views: 27,903
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by jbrown15 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465726/tekton-lore-owners/90#post_23425296)

I never saw anyone post anything as to...
Forum: Speakers   12-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
weird 23, Nothing weird about your advice!...

weird 23,
Nothing weird about your advice! Thanks!

Consider this official "want to buy" post for six of the following Dynaudio stand mount gems:

Audience 52se
Focus 140
Focus 110

Four...
Forum: Speakers   12-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
A rabid Dynaudio fanatic/collector said he heard...

A rabid Dynaudio fanatic/collector said he heard and was thoroughly impressed by the current Focus 110A powered monitor. I'm building three Hypex Ncore NC400 mono blocks for my friend so powered...
Forum: Speakers   12-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
rahvin, my mom (passed away) was born in Cagayan...

rahvin, my mom (passed away) was born in Cagayan Province. Her dad was a Thomasite, but only your eldest friends and relatives will remember the Thomasites.

If you can do the most simple...
Forum: Speakers   12-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Looks like the Halo A23 MSRP is about $1k. If...

Looks like the Halo A23 MSRP is about $1k. If correct, street price lower, though possibly less discount than other less-exclusive amps.

I bet you can build brand new DIY Hypec UcD amps with...
Forum: Speakers   12-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
What's the maximum budget for those four amps? ...

What's the maximum budget for those four amps?

If your system/room is not dead neutral, which direction does it tend to (yin or yang, lean or thick)?

If NC400 are too costly, and if you can...
Forum: Speakers   12-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Quote:Originally Posted by...

Quote:Originally Posted by rahvin36 http://www.avsforum.com/img/forum/go_quote.gif (http://www.avsforum.com/t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/17940#post_22664319)

Hi! I'm looking for amps to power...
Forum: Speakers   12-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
French ASA (Atelier de Synergy Acoustique,...

French ASA (Atelier de Synergy Acoustique, Workshop of Acoustic Synergy) Pro (not Baby, not Standard) Monitor, about $5500/pr USD MSRP when last imported by Walter Swanbon of Fidelis, NH. ASA closed...
Forum: Speakers   12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Ditto. I had return privilege when I...

Ditto.

I had return privilege when I purchased the ASA, which a professional reviewer/recording industry pro picked, by wide margin, as his favorite stand mount (circa 2006-7). Frankly, I...
Forum: Speakers   12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I'm extremely grateful for all the detailed...

I'm extremely grateful for all the detailed driver info. Many thanks. Prior to the info above I wrongly thought both Audience 52 drivers (mid bass and dome) were Esotec (mid bass 17WLQ, dome D260)...
Forum: Speakers   12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I'm extremely grateful for all the detailed...

I'm extremely grateful for all the detailed driver info. Many thanks. Prior to the info above I wrongly thought both Audience 52 drivers (mid bass and dome) were Esotec (mid bass 17WLQ, dome D260)...
Forum: Speakers   12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Dean, Thank you for the price correction. One...

Dean,
Thank you for the price correction. One spec quoted $1100/pr and another $2200. Obviously the standard 52 costs less than your $1450/pr 52SE.

I'd love to know what differs between the 52...
Forum: Speakers   12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Replies: 22,852
Views: 2,114,852
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Main speakers in this application are active...

Main speakers in this application are active high-pass crossed 2nd order @ 80 Hz. For this thread please ignore (practically) performance below 80 Hz (82 Hz = one octave above string bass low E,...
Forum: Speakers   11-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 856
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I realize the VS260 discontinued early this year...

I realize the VS260 discontinued early this year and is only available used. Sorry I missed the clearance sales, possibly the best-ever speaker deal. Posted at here because it has the most VS260...
Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs   08-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Replies: 322
Views: 55,695
Posted By ribbonspeakers
This is the most interesting thread regarding...

This is the most interesting thread regarding linear and time-correct bass I've read since I learned about Geddes'/Welti's/LeJeune's theories of Distributed Bass Arrays.

THIS...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Replies: 457
Views: 56,741
Posted By ribbonspeakers
HDBrew & Tower, Thanks a ton for your replies...

HDBrew & Tower,
Thanks a ton for your replies concerning mechanical noise, or lack of same.

Looking forward to getting a 4692 asap!

Sorry, this has probably been addressed: Are owners...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   01-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,811
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I returned to CC. I turned off the sound at...

I returned to CC. I turned off the sound at every source I could access. Still the ambient noise level in the store is quite high. Standing next to the TV I could hear what seemed like the same fan...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   12-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Replies: 457
Views: 56,741
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I'd very much appreciate owners quantifying the...

I'd very much appreciate owners quantifying the level of mechanical noise emanating from the Sammy 4692.

Would appreciate having it turned on & off next to it in a quiet room.

Sorry I'm so...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   12-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 184
Posted By ribbonspeakers
A 46" RP-DLP, otherwise perfect (for me), must...

A 46" RP-DLP, otherwise perfect (for me), must be replaced because of audible mechanical noise from the fan cooling the DLP bulb. (I'm quite sure the noise is normal for the breed; shall confirm so...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,811
Posted By ribbonspeakers
This forum is great. Thanks for the advice. ...

This forum is great. Thanks for the advice.

At first I though no, this is just normal fan noise & I'm just an overly sensitive audio nut. But the fact that one member posted damping techniques is...
Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays   12-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Replies: 457
Views: 56,741
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I just got a new 46" Sammy RP-DLP w/ absolutely...

I just got a new 46" Sammy RP-DLP w/ absolutely fantastic, better than expected PQ for all sources. But it makes unwanted & intolerable cooling fan noise just like an aquarium air-pump motor. I'm...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   12-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,811
Posted By ribbonspeakers
Is fan noise cooling the bulb present on all...

Is fan noise cooling the bulb present on all current DLP, LCD & LCoS rear-projection TV's?

I love the new 46" Samsung HL-S4676S (only 10.6" deep, can be wall-mounted), but I'm going to have to...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   12-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Replies: 12,551
Views: 1,117,091
Posted By ribbonspeakers
I hate reading this stuff, because you...

I hate reading this stuff, because you CRT-ophiles are starting to convince me of the CRT's advantages. For the record, I do respect Bob & I did admit above that you guys probably have better eyes...
Forum: Rear Projection Units   12-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Replies: 12,551
Views: 1,117,091
Posted By ribbonspeakers
My honest opinion only, not more or less. This...

My honest opinion only, not more or less. This is stated w/ all due respect, honestly, for all disenting opinions.

I disagree & strongly. I just gave away a just shy of 7 year old Pioneer Elite...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42

 
Forum Jump: