AVS Forum banner

CSI on CBS

106K views 1K replies 198 participants last post by  NickTheGreat 
#1 ·
Watched CSI recently and first time I've seen a primetime show on the networks look so good. I usually hate to watch programming with commercials - but with tivo now in my setup, that does'nt really matter anymore

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 /forum/post/0

I'm new to HD (and only viewing with a Panny ED set) but I agree that the CSI shows look fantastic in HD. I was not a viewer of the various CSI programs, but I am now. By comparison, I was expecting ER to look outstanding in HD, and it merely looks "good".

I agree with your assessment.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton161 /forum/post/0

Watched CSI recently and first time I've seen a primetime show on the networks look so good. I usually hate to watch programming with commercials - but with tivo now in my setup, that does'nt really matter anymore

I never watched any of the CSI shows until I read here how good it liked in HD. They do it right!

YMMV

#7 ·
I never watched CSI until I crisued by it on HD. Now I record every epsiode in case I miss it in HD (haven't gotten into the other cities yet, just CSI LV.

#9 ·
well its the same with me for almost the entire cbs lineup. back in the day (lol), cbs was the only local channel on d*. i got hooked on csi, csi miami, everybody loves raymond, king of queens, without a trace, cold case, and yes dear simply because they all looked great in hd

#11 ·
I must say, I enjoyed CSI last night; I always like the show. Great perspective in HD. It may be getting abit gross, however. Allot of blood last night. I also liked the way the whole team worked on the one case. Usually, they split up Catherine and Gil. Allot of dark, night scenes. Really looks clear in HD.

nc

#12 ·
WOW! I CSI that isn't just blood and gore. Refreshing lately, that we see an episode of the CSI shows that tugs at the heart strings. Stoked having a feeling, or almost a preminition, about saving the child, or at least, KNOWING" that child is till alive. The last scene, where Casie is in the hospital bed, and she wrotes those things for Stokes. Very emotional. I almost cried!

Nice job, CSI, for doing something a bit different.

nc

#14 ·
(From Marc Berman's Friday, October 21, 2005 Programming Insider column at Mediaweek.com)

At 9 p.m., CBS' CSI will have no trouble finishing first overall for the week in total viewers (and second among adults 18-49 behind ABC's Desperate Housewives) with a 19.3/28 in the overnights, 27.51 million viewers and a 9.4/24 among adults 18-49. Comparably, that outdelivered NBC's fading The Apprentice 4 (Overnights: #2, 8.5/12; Viewers: #2, 10.39 million; A18-49: #2, 4.7/12) by 127 percent in the overnights

#15 ·
Last night's show was really good, a refreshing change of course that highlighted the emotional toll that the most heinous cases can take. Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

I thought everyone in it was superb, and the writing was top notch.

Was there any special reason Grissom wasn't in it at all? I know the explanation they gave on the show was that he was teaching somewhere, but was Peterson unavailable, were they trying to save some salary money by not having him in it?

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F /forum/post/0

Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

Very good point. I am happy to see that this show can add some more human element to the characters. I lkke all the characters, don't misunderstand me, but when we get to see a more personal side, this makes the show, and the characters, more intriguing and appealing.

nc

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhark /forum/post/0

William Peterson had a death in the family about a month ago and took some time off. This was probably the episode they were shooting at the time, and were able to write around his absence.

This is exactly what happened.

In fact, this episode was originally written centering around Grissom and was rewriten to give Grissom's role to Nick when WP had to be elsewhere.

#19 ·
Some great Hd in CSI. Too bad the plots are so transparent. I stick with the Las Vegas CSI when I watch. Can't stand Horatio and the NY CSI wannabe. Would love to see a program called CSI Law to see how the evidence ( and confessions) stand up in a real court of law.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F /forum/post/0

Last night's show was really good, a refreshing change of course that highlighted the emotional toll that the most heinous cases can take. Having been a victim himself, it's going to be interesting to see if Stokes can still maintain the kind of detatchment required to function in that line of work.

I thought everyone in it was superb, and the writing was top notch.

Was there any special reason Grissom wasn't in it at all? I know the explanation they gave on the show was that he was teaching somewhere, but was Peterson unavailable, were they trying to save some salary money by not having him in it?

If youre talking about "Gum Drops" then I agree that this episode was downright excellent. I made comments in a different thread though.

#22 ·
I just seen the episode with the "Clayton nash" fellow. What's the deal with this show of late? It takes place at night all the time. I didn't see much daylight at all during this episode.

nc

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungC55 /forum/post/0

I dunno who that is. Did you mean this past weeks episode 'Killer' ?

William Peterson's family death. i did not hear about this.

Pardons, yes, I believe the episode was "Killer".

nc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.