or Connect

Posts by Kevin Snyder

I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to tell from this thread. Do we know yet what the aspect ratios will be on the BluRay versions of this set? Thanks. Kevin
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea what it would cost to have this printed out fairly nicely at a place like Kinko's? Thanks. Kevin
Perfect score here. I think I took around 5 to 10 minutes. Very proud of myself. (Age 40) My hearing on the other hand is abysmal..... Kevin
Agree. Using Google Chrome here, and I don't see the ads.
Thanks for getting involved, John. I'd be interested in finding out exactly how the process functions. i.e. How the extra picture data is stored, and how the extra data can then be extracted and utilized with an anamorphic lens. Thanks! Kevin
Wow! This is one of the more exciting things I've seen in a while. I'm hoping they can accomplish this without artifacting. Get ready to re-purchase your collection! Please keep us updated! Kevin
Hi Alan, Top projector in your setup looks like the big Barco 4k. What projector is on the bottom? Looks like a little bit more reasonable size! Thanks. Kevin
Thanks for sharing your pictures and story. You DCI guys are an inspiration to us all!!
Funny, I was just talking to my wife about this last night. I think I would be much more interested if there was the additional ability to view catalog titles at the higher quality. BTW, is there any need for different projector calibration settings with this different source? Kevin
I don't know why we would assume that technologic and market advancement would mean quality improvement. Look at the audio world where convenience, portability and transferrability have become the most (only?) important factors. I don't necessarily believe that higher resolution is considered the next step forward for content providers. Even if that is the case, then at what bit rate? On the fly, limited bit rate encoding/decoding has destroyed digital image quality as...